ImageImageImageImageImage

The season is officially tanked!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

onlyonesharky
Starter
And1: 0

The season is officially tanked! 

Post#1 » by onlyonesharky » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:59 pm

This of course is a good thing with regards to the draft but I mentioned in another trade that if we were to go through with the Zach trade, it is officially tank mode. We now have to make up for those rebounds (third in league), including defensive rebounds (third in the league), and offensive also. That is NOT easy to do. The way that I see it, when the 2010 season comes around we will HAVE to have that either fixed or a FA that rebounds would also have to be signed.

It's as simple as that.

ALSO, Lee has to start getting back to his double double form...no more excuses from me.
Let's give LEBRON the BLACK-AND-BLUE-PRINT!
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Re: The season is officially tanked! 

Post#2 » by RutgersBJJ » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Zach got so many rebounds because he would be the person getting defensive boards while everyone else goes out on the fast break. Lee or Q can do that now instead. This isn't a big deal.

We aren't tanking. Stars don't make teams, cohesive and fitting players make teams. We just got rid of two 1on1 players and a scrub, while acquiring a SG that is a catch and shoot player while playing defense. A PF/C that is a great 3pt shooter and can you know, jump or dunk. And a versatile SF/PF that could bring an added dimension off the bench.

as I have said b4 in other threads, Jamal's dribbling ability was completely useless in this offense. When he was dribbling it took the ball out of our best two decision makers hands (Duhon and Robinson), Crawford is not a point, and makes bad decisions. We got back a SG that will know his role as a catch and shoot player. You won't see Mobley taking the ball, doing a spin move and attempting a fade-away 3. He will play within the system, as will Harrington and Thomas.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#3 » by onlyonesharky » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:10 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:Zach got so many rebounds because he would be the person getting defensive boards while everyone else goes out on the fast break. Lee or Q can do that now instead. This isn't a big deal.

We aren't tanking. Stars don't make teams, cohesive and fitting players make teams. We just got rid of two 1on1 players and a scrub, while acquiring a SG that is a catch and shoot player while playing defense. A PF/C that is a great 3pt shooter and can you know, jump or dunk. And a versatile SF/PF that could bring an added dimension off the bench.

as I have said b4 in other threads, Jamal's dribbling ability was completely useless in this offense. When he was dribbling it took the ball out of our best two decision makers hands (Duhon and Robinson), Crawford is not a point, and makes bad decisions. We got back a SG that will know his role as a catch and shoot player. You won't see Mobley taking the ball, doing a spin move and attempting a fade-away 3. He will play within the system, as will Harrington and Thomas.

Have you watched any of the games this season, last season...?
So I guess Lee and Q were with Zach in Portland too?
Stars don't make teams? You NEED a franchise or star as a focal point in the NBA and you build around that person.
I am happy with the Jamal Trade. I think that is a GOOD trade for us.
I have wanted Al Harrington around since he first stated he wanted to be traded.
But the Zach trade....there is a lot to make up for without him around.
onlyonesharky
Starter

Post#4 » by onlyonesharky » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:13 pm

FYI...Fugazi stinkssssssss! He is SOOOOOO talented but doesn't play his heart out every game. Have you ever seen him play....ever????
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#5 » by F N 11 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Fugazi sure did look like a player wanting to win on the Suns. He showed heart in the playoffs man.

If you guys thought we were undersized, look at this PHX team.OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unUD6v2P ... re=related
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#6 » by ctorres » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:20 pm

I think both of them were good trades, but I am a little bummed out about losing Crawford and Randolph. It would have been awesome to feel how Hawks fans felt about making the playoffs as an 8th seed.

I think with the trades, we should be more consistent from the outside. I just wonder who is going to play center among Al Harrington, Tim Thomas, or David Lee. I'm thinking we will start Chandler and Harrington at the 4 and 5. Lee should come off the bench at center and PF. Thomas should come off the bench at SF and PF. Then you got Mobley starting at SG with Robinson coming off the bench at the 1 and 2.

We may be able to pull off a balanced 8-man rotation, but I just wonder how bad of a rebounding team we'll be now.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#7 » by F N 11 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Tim Thomas played Pf with Diaw playing Center. D Antoni believes its heart over height
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Paeds » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:27 pm

I think both of them were good trades, but I am a little bummed out about losing Crawford and Randolph. It would have been awesome to feel how Hawks fans felt about making the playoffs as an 8th seed.

what makes you think we wont make the playoffs now?

I think with the trades, we should be more consistent from the outside. I just wonder who is going to play center among Al Harrington, Tim Thomas, or David Lee. I'm thinking we will start Chandler and Harrington at the 4 and 5. Lee should come off the bench at center and PF. Thomas should come off the bench at SF and PF. Then you got Mobley starting at SG with Robinson coming off the bench at the 1 and 2.

Jeffries
We may be able to pull off a balanced 8-man rotation, but I just wonder how bad of a rebounding team we'll be now.

Just about everyone on the team is a good rebounder for their position, I dont see it being a Issue
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#9 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:34 pm

It's hard being a Knicks fan...
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,227

Post#10 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:43 pm

I dont know. I just dont like the word "tank". I think it should be "we are officially rebuilding!"
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#11 » by ITGM » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:47 pm

Harrington is our starting Center, Malik and Jeffries will be our backups..

Return to New York Knicks