ImageImageImageImageImage

Curry's Contract Not So Bad?

NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Curry's Contract Not So Bad? 

Post#1 » by NYKnick87 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Ideally we would like to move Curry's contract sooner than later, but if we don't it's not so bad. Assuming we get one of the big time FAs, we will still have enough money to lure another all-star into the mix and still have some spare change before being capped out. However, the class of FA's for the year after features Chris Paul, Gasol, Kobe, Kirilenko, and a host of other young players nearing the end of their rookie contracts. Once 2010 comes to pass, Curry's contract will expire and we will have enough money to sign another FA. Obviously it's easier said than done, but we do have options with Curry's contract.

Say in 2010 we get Lebron (hehe) and Tyson Chandler (who probably isn't going to get a max contract). When 2011 rolls around, Curry's contract will expire and maybe we can go after Paul. Not bad at all right?

Of course the Knicks still need to monitor their cap situation very closely to pull this off, but not moving Curry's contract before 2010 isn't gonna kill us.
knick4life1218
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Curry's Contract Not So Bad? 

Post#2 » by knick4life1218 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:01 pm

curry contract is bad for a reserve who doesnt play any minutes, and who doesnt want to play basketball, who would rather eat and play videogames than practice. Fatcurry
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#3 » by Ray Williams » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:02 pm

No we won't. What about the free agents and other players we sign in 2010? We will be over the cap again after 2010. We have to get rid of that fat load before then.
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by NYKnick87 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:02 pm

ieatcurry wrote:curry contract is bad for a reserve who doesnt play any minutes, and who doesnt want to play basketball, who would rather eat and play videogames than practice. Fatcurry

Agreed, but I think his contract will not greatly hinder our flexibility in the future.
HellsKitchen
Head Coach

Post#5 » by HellsKitchen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:03 pm

I get your point. But if we miraculously land LeBron, I don't think Chris Paul would be my target.
We would need to pair LeBron with a dominant big man, like Bosh or Amare or Howard (now HE would be amazing).

If you have LeBron on your team, you really just need a role-playing PG, like a Duhon, for example.
knick4life1218
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by knick4life1218 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:21 pm

NYKnick87 wrote:
ieatcurry wrote:curry contract is bad for a reserve who doesnt play any minutes, and who doesnt want to play basketball, who would rather eat and play videogames than practice. Fatcurry

Agreed, but I think his contract will not greatly hinder our flexibility in the future.

11 million right, in 2010....if we want to sign lee or nate...and get 2 max contracts...which will probably be around 38 mill.....having curry could mess up plans to sign some bottom tier free agents

Return to New York Knicks