ImageImageImageImageImage

Resign Nate

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jcrawford11
Banned User
And1: 18

Resign Nate 

Post#1 » by Jcrawford11 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

we got rid of my boy jc ofcourse iam a big so iam against it.....but i still luv knicks i know 2010 we getting lebron and whatnot...but i really would like to resign Nate ......he grew alot as a knick and i really would like for his growth to continue(no homo) ......so how much can we sign him for....maybe 5 years 25 mill?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: Resign Nate 

Post#2 » by GONYK » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:12 pm

Not until you change your username
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:12 pm

I'll file for your 'Nrobinson4' name change shortly... :wink:

But yes, I think we'll re-sign Nate... 5 years, 25 million is probably not enough though... we'll let the market decide next summer...
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#4 » by boomann21 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Nate is a goner. Everybody not named Chandler will be a distant memory in the near future.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,365

Post#5 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:13 pm

what happened to jcg11 squad up ? have you disbanded or are you relocating ?
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,626

Post#6 » by DE FENSE » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Nate would be a great guy to have off the bench if and when we sign those free agents. He's a true competitor and an uncommon talent, and I think he's got that reputation around the league. I'd love to see him with NY for years to come; he's still hasn't realized his full potential.

If you're saying 5/25....then its a no brainer.
knick4life1218
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#7 » by knick4life1218 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:26 pm

barbosa in my opinion is slightly better than nate.....and he got what? 6 million....so i think 4 years 20 million isnt out of the question
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#8 » by Big Chan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Give him 6 years, the first year at like 6 mill, and then the rest of them at 4. That is fair to him and reasonable for us. He is then locked in, has a lot of guaranteed money, but will still work hard because he loves basketball so you are safe giving him a long contract. After a couple years he could be a bargain at 4 mill a year.
knick4life1218
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by knick4life1218 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Big Chan wrote:Give him 6 years, the first year at like 6 mill, and then the rest of them at 4. That is fair to him and reasonable for us. He is then locked in, has a lot of guaranteed money, but will still work hard because he loves basketball so you are safe giving him a long contract. After a couple years he could be a bargain at 4 mill a year.

that really is a factor.....and it really shows when we have eddie curry on our team who only plays because he is 7ft and could do nothing else with his life except work at MC because he would get free food
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#10 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:42 pm

I would resign Nate. and then tell David Lee to kick rocks.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#11 » by RutgersBJJ » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:46 pm

why would you want our barbosa to quit the team, hence resigning?

myself along with many other fans would love for him to re-sign, not resign and quit basketball.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
OakMan34
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by OakMan34 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Knicks have to move Curry if they want to re-sign Nate.
Two max free agents in 2010 would be great.
Market will be between 7-10 mil.
Unless we move Eddy, say goodbye to Nate - we will.
Lee will ask for 10 this summer and then he will be gone
Leave us even more room to sign Chris Bosh and our boy Lebron.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,365

Post#13 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:49 pm

OakMan34 wrote:
Unless we move Eddy, say goodbye to Nate - we will.
Leave us even more room to sign Chris Bosh and our boy Lebron.

yoda is that you ?
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,555

Post#14 » by ctorres » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Jcrawford11 wrote:we got rid of my boy jc ofcourse iam a big so iam against it.....but i still luv knicks i know 2010 we getting lebron and whatnot...but i really would like to resign Nate ......he grew alot as a knick and i really would like for his growth to continue(no homo) ......so how much can we sign him for....maybe 5 years 25 mill?

Man, I have had it with you and your posts. Do you truly have any idea why a good number of people here don't respect your opinions very much? You talk like a 9 year old. I don't get how kids like you can get by in school, unless you go to a really crappy school that lacks any form of discipline on literacy.

You're not text messaging your peeps here. If you want to be respected, take your time to proofread your posts out of benefit for the other posters around here. Otherwise, GTFO of this forum. It's kids like you that give Knicks forum posters a bad name among the other realgm forums.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,704

Post#15 » by F N 11 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 pm

I would resign Nate because you can tell he loves basketball and is competitive. Every time a player tries to show up Nate he just gets the better of them. Nick Young and him is cool but he tried to show him up and Nate just came wetting threes and somewhat took over when needed.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,916

Post#16 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 pm

why would nate quit basketball??
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#17 » by Ralphie96 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:05 pm

5 years 25M doesnt really make sense...that is less than the MLE

if both JJ's can get the MLE then i'm sure Nate can get more. If anything i think 4 years 25M sounds about right..
BugsBunny
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#18 » by BugsBunny » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:24 pm

ctorres wrote:
Jcrawford11 wrote:we got rid of my boy jc ofcourse iam a big so iam against it.....but i still luv knicks i know 2010 we getting lebron and whatnot...but i really would like to resign Nate ......he grew alot as a knick and i really would like for his growth to continue(no homo) ......so how much can we sign him for....maybe 5 years 25 mill?

Man, I have had it with you and your posts. Do you truly have any idea why a good number of people here don't respect your opinions very much? You talk like a 9 year old. I don't get how kids like you can get by in school, unless you go to a really crappy school that lacks any form of discipline on literacy.

You're not text messaging your peeps here. If you want to be respected, take your time to proofread your posts out of benefit for the other posters around here. Otherwise, GTFO of this forum. It's kids like you that give Knicks forum posters a bad name among the other realgm forums.

So what if he writes like a 9 year old? So what now, he can't post here because people on these forums don't respect his opinion?(why's that, cause Jamal was his favorite player?) If you can understand what he is typing then what's the problem? Trust me, he's NOT giving Knicks fan's a bad rep at all. Man, this poster is not going around saying "I'm smart!, i know this and you don't" so why attack the way he writes or spells words? What, does it make YOU feel any better? It's the internet buddy! if i spelled the word that like "tha" and you make fun of me, DO you really think i will care? Look, i don't come on these forums to be respected like some of you so call "Knick fans" do(not all) i really don't need internet respect, i might post my opinion on some subjects(not all tho) but you don't have to agree/respect it. Now, by knowing how some of you poster's are(not all), might say something like "oh what, you his brother or something?", is the reason i don't post much, i have better things to do with my life then replying back to make a point, a point that you will not understand/disagree with anyways. So, with that being said, have a good day, sir.

*proofreads* :lol:
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#19 » by livintoolive » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Just because it is the internet does not mean you should write in any manner you wish. You're right, he should be comprehensible, but he fails at that ALL the time. Readers should not have to spend extra time because one adult has difficulty adequately voicing his opinion.

The point is, the way some people write actually discourages discussion.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#20 » by hatnlvr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:52 pm

Nate is a great spark off the bench but I think he will be looking for more money than he's worth.
ImageImage

Return to New York Knicks