ImageImageImageImageImage

How to get rid of Curry?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

How to get rid of Curry? 

Post#1 » by klemen4 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:47 pm

As I stated in one post there are only about 5 teams possible trading partners for Curry:
Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Washington and San Antonio

I came out with one possible trade:

Incoming Players
Juan Dixon (expiering)
Antonio Daniels(2 years-6.200,00mio/6.600,00mio)
Etan Thomas(2 years- 6.800,00mio/7.300,00mio)

Outgoing Players
Malik Rose(expiering)
Eddy Curry(3 years- 9.700,00mio/10.500,00mio/11.200,00mio)

1- With this trade Washington saves 2.500,00mio in season 08/09, but has Curry signed for one more season 09/10 for 11.200 mio)
2- Ethan Thomas is out of the rotation and probably wont have any role in next 2 seasons, Daniels is curently injured, but also 33years and declining so Was actually gets solid center for nothing.
3- Also Ny can cut Dixon after the trade and he can return to Washington if they want.

I now with Haywood on C spot it doesnt make much sense for Was, but still Curry is only 26 and can replace Haywood this year and playof the bench next year.

ARENAS/DROWN
STEVENSON/YOUNG
BUTLER/MCGUIRE
JAMISON/BLATCHE
HAYWOOD/CURRY

Your opinion?
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: How to get rid of Curry? 

Post#2 » by tomgugliottamvp » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 pm

i would do it. washington wouldn't.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#3 » by earthmansurfer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:56 pm

But it begs the question, and a big but here, if Curry does get back into shape and we can team him up with Bosh and James, you do realize he will score as much as he wants cause they will not be able to easily double him. His defense is a another story, but with him on the roster and getting rid of some other players, we still will have lots of room under the salary cap.

Not so sure about that trade but we need some a solid supporting cast to lure 2 big free agents here. Are we just getting back players to be further under the cap? We need some type of talent in return for him, so I say wait and see what Curry does in the next two months. We will know before the trade deadline.

EMS
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#4 » by hatnlvr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Honestly we need a defensive Big man; especially if they team someone like Bosh or Amare up with James (neither one of those 2 are strong defenders). I would be looking for a Tyson Chandler type to play Center is a rotation like that.
ImageImage
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#5 » by earthmansurfer » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:11 pm

hatnlvr wrote:Honestly we need a defensive Big man; especially if they team someone like Bosh or Amare up with James (neither one of those 2 are strong defenders). I would be looking for a Tyson Chandler type to play Center is a rotation like that.

I would prefer it. If we could move Lee and Curry (with increased producion/numbers) for a shot in the lottery (in addition to our pick) that might be a chance worth taking. At least with two lotto picks we would create a lot of options for ourselves.

There are not a lot of Chandler type centers available though.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#6 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:06 pm

Sign Lebron then trade Curry with Lebron, see how it works.
JoeHova
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#7 » by JoeHova » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:13 pm

The OP's trade does seem to make sense for both teams. I like it. I don't know the exact numbers, but I can't believe Washington will have any cap room anytime soon with Arenas, Butler, and Jamison all making big money, so they might as well add talent. Curry isn't great but would fit nicely in an offense/defense center platoon with Haywood in the future.
"Look, if he sees me on his lawn waving a gun around, he's gonna pretend not to be home."
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#8 » by NYKBaller » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:28 pm

zaza pachulia and speedy claxton and apick for eddy curry and david lee....ive been saying this for a while.
Follow me at @CTthatdude & watch www.youtube.com/CTthatdude

Return to New York Knicks