ImageImageImageImageImage

WHAT DID MARBURY DO WRONG?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blackbishop
Rookie
And1: 85

Re: WHAT DID MARBURY DO WRONG? 

Post#81 » by blackbishop » Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:44 pm

capwolf wrote:In the interest of full disclosure Marbury is my favorite basketball player, but I'm not being bias when I say he's gotten railroaded this year. Let's ask ourselves a few questions....

Did he want to accept a buyout?
Hell no...Would you accept less than your agreed upon salary because your boss no longer likes you? The fact that people are trying to use this fact against Marbury is utterly ludicrous.

The problem with this is that in any other job in the world (excluding MLB) there is no such thing as a guarenteed contract and marbs would/should have been out on his ass last year. If it wasnt for some crazy stuff IT had in his closet that marbs knows, his contract should have been VOIDED last year when he attacked IT on the plane. Only in the NBA and MLB can you play like crap for years, not play, whatever and still get your full contract amount. In the NFL, he would have been cut. Look at deangelo hall, he played like buttcrack for the raiders and they canned his ass midseason no more 7 year 70 million contract he only got 8 million of that money. But the NBA is the NBA and the only thing a team really controls once a player signs his contract is the players playing time. So marbs needs to just shut his trap and sit his ass at home til the knicks decide what they want to do. There is no reason to REWARD marbs for acting like a fool.

Would you as a new coach want to be in the same position of being on the opposite side of a marbury tantrum. Why would you want to deal with the headache that is marbury? What has marbury done in the last 4 years, shoot in his career that defines him as a winner, a player you need on your team.
JMurder
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#82 » by JMurder » Thu Dec 4, 2008 11:14 pm

Just the simple fact that we are even having this conversation, discussion, debate is reason enough to not have marbury on the team. Why shouldnt marbs be accountable for the craziness from last year. Why should Dantoni RISK MARBURY attacking him like marbs ATTACKED isiah. Why should dantoni have to deal with marbury's ego, his almost certain "happy juice moments".

Ya know here is a FACT for you: In the locker room, marbury does not even stay in the same room as the other players. The reason he is on the sidelines cause the players in the back during games (curry, jeffries) do not want to be anywhere near him. Marbs often sits in the TV room when the team is in the locker room cause NOBODY wants him around. So how can you want a player on your team when the other players on the team do not want him.

Though players like curry, JJ, JJ2, malik may SUCK they are still liked and that goes a long way towards winning games. Marbs is beyond a distraction, he is beyond a cancer, he is a complete TEAMKILLER and he needs to just be sent him. PERIOD.

No one is saying Marbury is right...which is continually where you guys fail to make points. Marbury has been wrong...we all know this. But if someone says "Everyone gets a clean slate," then they should be taken at their word. Obviously that wasn't the case...and since it wasn't, Marbury should've been dealt with before the season had even begun. It wasn't, and Pringles exacerbated an already bad situation...which leads us to the mess we're in right now. If you want to make a case about Marbury's past antics, no one will argue with you...but in THIS SPECIFIC CASE, Marbury did all the right things up until D'Antoni got on his bullshyt.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#83 » by richardhutnik » Thu Dec 4, 2008 11:36 pm

JMurder wrote:
No one is saying Marbury is right...which is continually where you guys fail to make points. Marbury has been wrong...we all know this. But if someone says "Everyone gets a clean slate," then they should be taken at their word. Obviously that wasn't the case...and since it wasn't, Marbury should've been dealt with before the season had even begun. It wasn't, and Pringles exacerbated an already bad situation...which leads us to the mess we're in right now. If you want to make a case about Marbury's past antics, no one will argue with you...but in THIS SPECIFIC CASE, Marbury did all the right things up until D'Antoni got on his bullshyt.

Since when does a "clean slate" mean he is guaranteed playing time? Since when if you do everything you are told, and act as a team player, it guarantees anything? If the team doesn't see him in the future, why do they need to cowtow to your wishes? If you keep practicing, and act professional, when the situation arises where there is a need, then they ask you if you want to play. This is EXACTLY what happened with Marbury, and he wrecked it. And Gallo IS part of the plans, and the Knicks DID try to get him minutes. But, it didn't work.

As I see it, Walsh decided he wouldn't think of anything regarding the past of Marbury, and decided to have him start over. D'Antoni looks over the entire roster and decide who he wants to play, and who he would go to war with him. He didn't see Marbury fitting in the 2 year play, and specifically stated that it wasn't fair to Marbury to just play him less than 20 minutes. And the Knicks were winning. They they need Marbury and he decides he won't make himself available, and he was ASKED, not ORDERED, but asked.

And don't give me stuff about Jerome James or Curry either. They aren't playing. Tell me who, not in game shape (outside of maybe Gallo) is getting major minutes with the Knicks.

The way this is being framed by Marbury defenders here is EXACTLY why Marbury is a problem. You don't get minutes just for being a trooper. Since when does life work that way? However, if you aren't a trooper, why would anyone expect anything for you?

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
DrSithMirth
Head Coach
And1: 11
Location: The Black Lodge. Raise up off me, lest you find yourself with us. Under the sycamore trees..

Post#84 » by DrSithMirth » Thu Dec 4, 2008 11:37 pm

JMurder wrote:
Just the simple fact that we are even having this conversation, discussion, debate is reason enough to not have marbury on the team. Why shouldnt marbs be accountable for the craziness from last year. Why should Dantoni RISK MARBURY attacking him like marbs ATTACKED isiah. Why should dantoni have to deal with marbury's ego, his almost certain "happy juice moments".

Ya know here is a FACT for you: In the locker room, marbury does not even stay in the same room as the other players. The reason he is on the sidelines cause the players in the back during games (curry, jeffries) do not want to be anywhere near him. Marbs often sits in the TV room when the team is in the locker room cause NOBODY wants him around. So how can you want a player on your team when the other players on the team do not want him.

Though players like curry, JJ, JJ2, malik may SUCK they are still liked and that goes a long way towards winning games. Marbs is beyond a distraction, he is beyond a cancer, he is a complete TEAMKILLER and he needs to just be sent him. PERIOD.

"This specific case"? You can't separate them out. It is not only impossible, it's not smart to consider a person with that kind of reputation in a vacuum. Marbury should have been cut during the summer. But trying to consider him without his history is not useful, and it's something that has never been done with anyone. His history is part of what you make your decisions on, and most of his history is bad. That's the information you make the decision based on.
Cheers, Dr. SithMirth
JMurder
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#85 » by JMurder » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:08 am

richardhutnik wrote:
JMurder wrote:Since when does a "clean slate" mean he is guaranteed playing time? Since when if you do everything you are told, and act as a team player, it guarantees anything? If the team doesn't see him in the future, why do they need to cowtow to your wishes? If you keep practicing, and act professional, when the situation arises where there is a need, then they ask you if you want to play. This is EXACTLY what happened with Marbury, and he wrecked it. And Gallo IS part of the plans, and the Knicks DID try to get him minutes. But, it didn't work.

As I see it, Walsh decided he wouldn't think of anything regarding the past of Marbury, and decided to have him start over. D'Antoni looks over the entire roster and decide who he wants to play, and who he would go to war with him. He didn't see Marbury fitting in the 2 year play, and specifically stated that it wasn't fair to Marbury to just play him less than 20 minutes. And the Knicks were winning. They they need Marbury and he decides he won't make himself available, and he was ASKED, not ORDERED, but asked.

And don't give me stuff about Jerome James or Curry either. They aren't playing. Tell me who, not in game shape (outside of maybe Gallo) is getting major minutes with the Knicks.

The way this is being framed by Marbury defenders here is EXACTLY why Marbury is a problem. You don't get minutes just for being a trooper. Since when does life work that way? However, if you aren't a trooper, why would anyone expect anything for you?

- Rich

Of course you don't get minutes for being a trooper, you get minutes for working hard, doing what your told, and having the talent to help the team. You mean to tell me that Gallo, Roberson and Malik Rose worked harder, listened more, and have more talent than Stephon? I didn't think so.
And a clean slate means that you're going to be given the same opportunity as other players...you know this, I know this. Are you really gonna sit there and act like Stephon got the same opportunity to play as everyone else? He didn't get a regular season minute in game one...in game two he was deactivated. Where was the opportunity? He was just as good as Duhon, if not better, in preseason...so what happened? Yeah, he said he was playing for the starting position, but he also apologized and said that it wasn't fair to Duhon. He continuously downplayed his importance for the benefit of the team prior to the season opener. Or did we forget this?

Like I said, if we wanna include everything Pre-Walsh/D'Antoni then yeah, Marbs fukked up. But don't act like HE is solely responsible for this **** up of a situation. Toni should've been straight up from the get, and/or pushed Walsh to get him off the team by preseason. But no, they pretended that they were gonna be fair when they weren't, they tried to make themselves look good, and now shyt is all fukked up NYKland. When u bullshyt in NY, the fans are gonna see it...D'Antoni is bullshyttin
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,742

Post#86 » by cgf » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:19 am

His inability to play point guard in this offense which was highlighted by stagnation of ball movement when he replaced DuDu in preseason.

His I'm a starter comments.

His general cluelessness i.e. his comments about how d'antoni let nash driblle around for 20 seconds making him a good fit.

That on top of his past issues is a good reason why Marbury should be gone.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
blackbishop
Rookie
And1: 85

Post#87 » by blackbishop » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:22 am

JMurder wrote:
richardhutnik wrote:
JMurder wrote:
Like I said, if we wanna include everything Pre-Walsh/D'Antoni then yeah, Marbs fukked up. But don't act like HE is solely responsible for this **** up of a situation. Toni should've been straight up from the get, and/or pushed Walsh to get him off the team by preseason. But no, they pretended that they were gonna be fair when they weren't, they tried to make themselves look good, and now shyt is all fukked up NYKland. When u bullshyt in NY, the fans are gonna see it...D'Antoni is bullshyttin

You say that Dantoni was not fair to Marbs but after the first game he was direct with marbs. He said that he was going with a rotation of duhon, crawford, and nate. He also said that if SOMEONE WENT DOWN THEN HE WOULD GET HIS CHANCE. Well they traded crawford, marbs WAS GIVEN HIS CHANCE and MARBS REFUSED. Just because you are talented does not mean you DESERVE to play. What about team chemistry, what about demeanor? Why should marbs be given chance after chance after chance. He has had 12 YEARS to prove he is worth someone and for 12 years he has shown doo doo. Twelve years of straight doo doo. Twelve years of being a coach killer, a cancer, "ALL ALONE", attacking coaches, and yet, people still think that because he ran in the hollywood hills, he should be given another chance.

And the sad part is HE WAS GIVEN ANOTHER CHANCE and he shat on it. THey offered him a chance to show why the knicks made a mistake not including him in the rotation and he turned it down. A REAL VET with something to prove would have RAN WITH THAT CHANCE and put up an ALLSTAR outing and made the knicks rethink their position. If he was really looking to put it to the knicks, he would have played at a phenomenal level for the rest of the season and then signed with another team for the league minimum. That is how a real vet, a real player, a real NEW YORKER would have done it. But no not marbs, he pouted, grabbed his ball and went home. WHY? because he is marbs who thinks he is greater than team, greater than the game. He is the greatest PG in the game in his mind but for some reason can never prove it.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,742

Post#88 » by cgf » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:19 am

It's simply the marbury supporters will always refuse to accept that their boy isn't as good of a fit in a ball movement system as duhon or nate and unlike craw didn't have a three year contract to try to make tradeable. Mike D didn't need marbury early so he didn't play him, would you guys have been happy if marbury was playing 15 minutes a game regularly? I doubt it.

When a spot opened up Mike D offered him that spot and Marbury said no, WTF kind of sport is the NBA pretending to be were a player says he doesn't want to play when given the chance, he should be in game shape since he's working hard and trying to be a good boy like his fanboys keep claiming so why not suit up and go to work like a man instead of refusing like some spoiled kid, as if he's so special that by him refusing to play he was somehow hurting the knicks gravely. The team sucks out there, we'd be marginally less sucky with him out there if he passed the ball and made quick decisions, which I'm still skeptical about. He's the one he's hurting by refusing to be a professional.

Do you really think some coach is going to look at that and say i want that guy to fill a role for my team off the bench to push us over the top? I really wish that at some point Marbury would have realized what it meant to have a job and understand he wasn't having fun but working when he stepped on the court and treated as such.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks