ImageImageImageImageImage

Can NY get Amare now??

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: Can NY get Amare now?? 

Post#21 » by mjhp911 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 7:04 am

This is why I think Donnie also needs to be 'flexible', when it comes to possible fire sales like this. My gut tells me he would still hold out for the cap space, and not take on this package if it includes Diaw. I still think Amare and 'Antoni don't like each other, however. But it would be nice to get a jump on '10, with a move like this (why wait?). We'd also have Amare's Bird Rights, so we could offer him the most, in an extension. I think Walsh would still hold out for the cap space though.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#22 » by GuyverADL » Thu Dec 4, 2008 7:08 am

Only thing Phoenix would want is our potential lottery pick.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#23 » by mjhp911 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 7:18 am

optimusADL wrote:Only thing Phoenix would want is our potential lottery pick.

Chandler? Nate? Lee? Malik's ending deal... 3MM...
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#24 » by Smoke24 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 8:04 am

Do we really think Kerr is going to make a deal with D'antoni. Bad blood there. I doubt it happens. Plus Amare isn't the biggest fan of D'antoni.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#25 » by FutureKnicksGM » Thu Dec 4, 2008 9:01 am

Amare, Diaw
for
Steph,Lee,Nate,Gallo
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:41 pm

Amare is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. He's not a dominant big man - he's just a dominant scorer. He can score at will, but he can't play defense and doesn't pass the ball. Also, for all his athletic ability, he should be grabbing more rebounds. Last night he played 41 min, scored 26 pts but got 4 rebounds and 1 assist to go along with his 6 turnovers. David West, the man he was guarding, had 23 pts 14 rebounds and 2 assists. He's fun to watch on the offensive end, but after all these years, it's becoming more apparent that he does little else to impact the game in any other aspect. I would love to have him here, but only strictly as a second option. Amare will never be the guy that leads a team anywhere as "the" guy.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,092

Post#27 » by sol537 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:34 pm

This probably wouldn't be a popular trade from NY's side (or arguable at best) but this is the only deal I could see going down that's actually pretty fair...

NY Trades: Curry, Duhon, Lee, Q, and Nate
Phx Trades: Nash, Amare, and Hill

People may say "but Nash is a 2-time MVP! and Amare was close to being an MVP!" yeah but that was in D'antoni's system a few seasons back. PG's are killing the Suns because of Nash's mediocre defense and Shaq's inability to cover the pick and roll when decent PG's are running it. That's why you tend to see PG's have career nights against the Suns. Lee's at 14 and 9 while Amare is at 22 and 7. Duhon's assist numbers match Nash's. Nate and Q are shooters who would thrive in the half-court offense with Shaq getting constantly doubled. Curry is the prospect that Shaq may be able to tutor. This is the only deal that makes some "sense" but we'd be giving up 3 very good "home grown" prospects in Lee, Nate, and Duhon to get it done.

The positive? We get the big man that would thrive next to a Lebron James in '10 and get even more financially flexible than we were before as on long as Nash accepts a reasonable contract extension through 2010 which I think he would.

Nash, Roberson
Hill, NBDL signing
Chandler, Thomas, Ewing Jr.
Harrington, Jeffries
Stoudamire

A playoff lock in the East with D'antoni at the helm...
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,092

Post#28 » by sol537 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:23 pm

The other trade would be to make a play for the "Daddy" to clear the last two bad contracts we have...

NY Trades: Curry, Jeffries, Duhon, Lee, and Malik
Phx Trades: Shaq, Nash and filler

Then we can go after Bosh or Amare, Lebron or Wade, *and* Nash or Duhon in 2010 ;)

Return to New York Knicks