ImageImageImageImageImage

Marbury wants to play now

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jerryd Bayless
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Marbury wants to play now 

Post#121 » by Jerryd Bayless » Thu Dec 4, 2008 11:28 pm

I hope he plays and minute and breaks his leg and then we buy him out.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#122 » by seren » Fri Dec 5, 2008 1:02 am

I think we should release him. Right after the playoff eligibility deadline passes. In the meantime, he can stay at home with his better ho (not my words, his).
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#123 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Dec 5, 2008 1:16 am

I think its pretty obvious that Marbury is not going to play for the knicks again, I'm sure even Marbury knows this. He doesn't want to play, he is just trying to push the knicks into waiving him. Walsh said that Marbury's ban was not for disciplinary reasons, but it was appropriate considering the knicks are trying to buy out Marbury. But Marbury says that he is not going to negotiate a buy out. What does that mean? Most likely that there is no reason for the ban now, so it will be removed. So Marbury is back to the bench. So while the under manned knicks play, there will be a perfectly healthy guard sitting on the inactive list. Will Dantoni play him? Will the knicks get desperate enough to waive him to open up a roster spot? IMO what Marbury is doing is trying to push the knicks into doing something.

But the wild card here is Mobley. If he does indeed retire and open up a roster spot, Marbury would lose his any leverage that he will have.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#124 » by Smoke24 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 1:24 am

pennyspree wrote:I think its pretty obvious that Marbury is not going to play for the knicks again, I'm sure even Marbury knows this. He doesn't want to play, he is just trying to push the knicks into waiving him. Walsh said that Marbury's ban was not for disciplinary reasons, but it was appropriate considering the knicks are trying to buy out Marbury. But Marbury says that he is not going to negotiate a buy out. What does that mean? Most likely that there is no reason for the ban now, so it will be removed. So Marbury is back to the bench. So while the under manned knicks play, there will be a perfectly healthy guard sitting on the inactive list. Will Dantoni play him? Will the knicks get desperate enough to waive him to open up a roster spot? IMO what Marbury is doing is trying to push the knicks into doing something.

But the wild card here is Mobley. If he does indeed retire and open up a roster spot, Marbury would lose his any leverage that he will have.

Technically, the knicks don't have to do anything, and I feel they won't for a long time.

They lasted this long without an extra roster spot, I don't see why that changes now. Speaking of which, this saga is probably more important to management than the well being of the players. I mean you could have easily waived somebody (pre season prehaps) for an extra roster spot and yet subjected the players to looking as if they are tanking the season away.

Plus some of our injured is comming back, so thats a good sign.
JimmyDolan
Senior
And1: 69

Post#125 » by JimmyDolan » Fri Dec 5, 2008 12:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:marbury is not going to take less money. i think that's clear. he'll wait all season if he has to. they can't just ban him like people think. walsh made it clear that the temporary banning was not a disciplinary action and even contacted him to let him know he could practice at the facility when the knicks are not there. he did that because he knows full well he's not within his rights to just banish him forever without steph's permission. this is going to have to be settled one way or another.

with Marbury having to give up something.He needs put his massive ego aside and move on.He is NOT doing himself any favors by shooting his mouth off because he sounds like raving nut.Case closed.
Big Chief Triangle
JimmyDolan
Senior

Post#126 » by JimmyDolan » Fri Dec 5, 2008 12:40 pm

duetta wrote:
JimmyDolan wrote:The NHL has buyout langauge in their CBA with the NHLPA.

The team is allowed to buyout the player without the player objecting for 2/3 of the remaining value on the contract payable over twice the term.The buyouts are completed by July 1.As long as the player is healthy.

Right. But that language was specifically negotiated after a two year strike, and in anticipation of the implementation of a hard cap in the NHL.

Wrong.What two year strike?The CBA expired and both sides couldn't agree on a new deal.

The NHL and the NHLPA agreed to the buyout langauge in the 1995 CBA.The NHL wanted major changes to buyouts in the 2004-05 NHL lockout talks.They wanted to make it 50% of the contract but the NHLPA hung tough and kept the 66%.

Hard cap?You call a system which allows NHL teams to bury their mistakes in the AHL a hard cap.Marbury would be in the AHL right now and all of his bitchin would be falling on deaf ears.The Rangers buried Darius Kasparaitis in the minors and allowed him to play in Russia while still under contract to the Rangers to get him off their cap.The NHL cap is hybrid cap.Hard cap with an upper limit of $56.7 million but a team can send a play to the minors or Europe AND in the case of a long term injury a team is allowed to place that player on long term IR and use that salary to replace that player allowing the team to go over the cap.

Hard cap? :wink:
Big Chief Triangle
JimmyDolan
Senior

Post#127 » by JimmyDolan » Fri Dec 5, 2008 12:43 pm

The Knicks should drag out this situation for as long as possible.Marbury just might say or doing something stupid such as saying he wouldn't touch Q-Rich's sloppy seconds :lol:

Look at those frames.

My man
Big Chief Triangle
2010orBUST
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#128 » by 2010orBUST » Fri Dec 5, 2008 12:49 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
kosmovitelli wrote:On friday he said "the marriage is over, I can't play for a coach I can't trust, I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog", he ripped his coach and his teammates and now he wants the team to play him ? LOL

WOW !!!! Unbelievable ! This dude needs medical help ASAP !

I could do that to:

The first dozen games he said "We are moving on. It's a tough situation for everybody", he plays Roberson ahead of him, doesn't let Marbury play a single minute and then he wanted Marbury to play for him? LOL

WOW !!!! Unbelievable ! This dude needs medical help ASAP !

Just sayin' it can go both ways kos and you know it.

Thank you for pointing that out. Both sides made mistakes. Now it's time to Man up for a solution so cats in these threads can stop sounding like chicks on the rag. D'antoni is just as nutty as Marbury if he thought he would pull off not playing thmost visible player on the team smoothly. Hope Nate is ready tonight. Already tired or Roberson stopping the flow when Duhon goes out. Those are the real issues.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#129 » by duetta » Fri Dec 5, 2008 1:16 pm

JimmyDolan wrote:Wrong. What two year strike? The CBA expired and both sides couldn't agree on a new deal.

The owners broke the union, or weren't you paying attention.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#130 » by NetsForce » Fri Dec 5, 2008 1:19 pm

I roll with Marbury, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Marbury has got the Knicks right where he wants them right now, he's played this situation like a DON. Street life.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#131 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Dec 5, 2008 2:08 pm

Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#132 » by Jmonty580 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:16 pm

lol someone i know took a flight with Marbury last night from Atlanta to White plains NY. I wonder what he was doing down there since our next game is there tonight? Where's that private Jet of his, he was flying in coach lol.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,222

Post#133 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:30 pm

Jmonty580 wrote:lol someone i know took a flight with Marbury last night from Atlanta to White plains NY. I wonder what he was doing down there since our next game is there tonight? Where's that private Jet of his, he was flying in coach lol.

Flying coach? That is crazy. Marbury always has issues with coach. :lol: :lol:
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#134 » by TKF » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:33 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:
Jmonty580 wrote:lol someone i know took a flight with Marbury last night from Atlanta to White plains NY. I wonder what he was doing down there since our next game is there tonight? Where's that private Jet of his, he was flying in coach lol.

:lol: :lol:

and first class is definately out. we all know marbury has problems with "class"....
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,474

Post#135 » by EnigmatiC » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:37 pm

I really want to know who was the source in that news article that said "Steph is too smart for that hes too good of a businessman". Me and my friends still laugh over that :lol: Steph has to be the dumbest dude in the league.
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#136 » by Jmonty580 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:40 pm

TKF wrote:
Brad Lohaus wrote:

:lol: :lol:

and first class is definately out. we all know marbury has problems with "class"....

LOL i had a pretty good laugh too when my friend just told me. I was like I thought he had a private jet? But then i did a search and found that in the post yesterday they said he hadnt recieved it yet. lol i cant believe he actually bought a private jet. :lol:

Return to New York Knicks