ImageImageImageImageImage

You want Sergio? We want Lee, lets make a deal

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SayHeyKid
Freshman
And1: 0

You want Sergio? We want Lee, lets make a deal 

Post#1 » by SayHeyKid » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:12 pm

Portland fan here. I can see POR trading Sergio, we'd like Lee. Obviously Serg is not near enough. How about some combo of Serg and then Outlaw/Frye/Webster and/or a pick? Maybe we take back Nate, maybe not.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Re: You want Sergio? We want Lee, lets make a deal 

Post#2 » by knicks742 » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:16 pm

SayHeyKid wrote:Portland fan here. I can see POR trading Sergio, we'd like Lee. Obviously Serg is not near enough. How about some combo of Serg and then Outlaw/Frye/Webster and/or a pick? Maybe we take back Nate, maybe not.

We don't want Sergio that badly. He is simply an option for our trade exemption. We are better off tradign the exception to someone who is looking to not pay the tax and we'll get a pick out of it too.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#3 » by blueNorange » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:17 pm

donnie walsh usually posts at 8 pm, so make sure you bump this thread by then.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#4 » by BBALLER4FR » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:18 pm

Sure. How's...

Lee/Roberson
for
Sergio/Batum
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#5 » by livintoolive » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:18 pm

We're looking for a SG that can handle the ball well enough to get 5 assists/game. You have anything like that on your roster? :lol: :lol:

If we take one of your small forwards, it would be Batum once he's eligible. TBH, there aren't many reasonable deals between Portland and NY.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
J0rdan4life42o
General Manager
And1: 263

Post#6 » by J0rdan4life42o » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:22 pm

You want Lee? Maybe you'll take back Nate? LOL

Sergio is not nearly good enough to part with either Nate or Lee. I wouldn't mind him for 10-12 minutes a game so we could cut down Duhon's minutes to the low-mid 30's instead of his current 40.

The only player of real interest that you listed was Outlaw, but we already have a massive glut at the 3 position with Wilson, Q, Jeffries, Thomas and eventually Danilo. IMO, at this point, the only things NY is willing to trade for a backup guard is:

A) Trade Exception
B) Curry
C) Malik Rose

Aside from those 3 things, I dont see Walsh parting ways with Lee or Nate. If Sergio can't be had for that, we'll simply look somewhere else. Also, remember we're not neccessarily looking for a backup point guard. A backup guard who can handle the ball would fill the void we currently have too.
albert
Veteran
And1: 44

Post#7 » by albert » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:22 pm

Ballboys don't usually represent the opinion of their board but okay. I think we'd want Pryzbilla to offset the loss of Lee and to get a big man next to Al Harrington.

Not sure how many more small fowards we want that might cloud minutes for Chandler.
HNICII
Junior

Post#8 » by HNICII » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:23 pm

Lee's the only player we have that can play Center. We lose him, we need another big man in return. Pryzbilla has a bad contract so Walsh won't take him
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#9 » by Big Chan » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:30 pm

Why are you guys such dicks? Yeah, he was a little crazy saying maybe they will take nate back too, but i see the opportunity to make a deal that works for both sides.

Jeffries
Lee

Outlaw or Webster ( i prefer Webster because of 3 point shooting and ability to play 2)
Sergio
Frye

That trade works out for both teams. We get three players perfect for this system. Insert Frye at starting C ( i hate him but he could look ok in this system?) If you still dont like it ask for the rights to one of their guys like Freeland or Kopponen. I know most of oyu had a hard on for Bayless, so you could substitute him in for Sergio (portland wouldnt do it)
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#10 » by randomhero423 » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:30 pm

curry/lee

for

lafrentz/outlaw/sergio
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#11 » by knicks742 » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:35 pm

Big Chan wrote:Why are you guys such dicks? Yeah, he was a little crazy saying maybe they will take nate back too, but i see the opportunity to make a deal that works for both sides.

Jeffries
Lee

Outlaw or Webster ( i prefer Webster because of 3 point shooting and ability to play 2)
Sergio
Frye

That trade works out for both teams. We get three players perfect for this system. Insert Frye at starting C ( i hate him but he could look ok in this system?) If you still dont like it ask for the rights to one of their guys like Freeland or Kopponen. I know most of oyu had a hard on for Bayless, so you could substitute him in for Sergio (portland wouldnt do it)

I am assuming this deal was meant to remove the Jeffries $6 million salary from 2010, however, Webster is signed for $5 millino for 2010 then you add Frye who is a free agent this season and Sergio and I really don't see what we accomplished except use Lee to save $1 million.
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#12 » by Tony Montana » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:37 pm

SayHeyKid wrote:Portland fan here. I can see POR trading Sergio, we'd like Lee. Obviously Serg is not near enough. How about some combo of Serg and then Outlaw/Frye/Webster and/or a pick? Maybe we take back Nate, maybe not.

SayGoodbyeKid
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#13 » by Bill Bradley » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:37 pm

Yeah, I think our best bet is try to try for the trade exception and a second round pick or something like that.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#14 » by ITGM » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:46 pm

We want Roy and maybe, just maybe we'll take back Aldrige, but you'd might have to throw some cash considerations in the mix.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#15 » by duetta » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:46 pm

Throw in at least #1 pick and we can talk.
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Supreme Commander » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:48 pm

Nate and Lee

for

Fernandez and Aldridge
StutterStep wrote:paragraph breaks
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#17 » by Johnny Hoops » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:56 pm

Sergio and Webster for D-Lee --- sign me up.
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#18 » by Induveca » Mon Dec 8, 2008 4:59 pm

D'Antoni may eventually end up liking David Lee is he continues to play like this.......

If we trade him, we MUST get a rebounder back. Lee has saved us time and time again with his unseemly ability to channel Charles Barkley statlines.

That being said I'd love Fernandez on this team. He's a perfect fit......but if we have no one to rebound the misses, what is the point.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#19 » by duetta » Mon Dec 8, 2008 5:00 pm

And contrary to what D'Antoni was saying, yesterday we saw vintage Jeffries on offense.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#20 » by Johnny Hoops » Mon Dec 8, 2008 5:03 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:

Sergio and Webster for D-Lee --- sign me up.

Hold on - I didn't realize Webster was signed for $5M thru 2010 (that seems a tad steep).

How about Lee for Sergio, Batum and rights to Kopponen?

Return to New York Knicks