ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: You're opinions on the Tattoo phenomona

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

OT: You're opinions on the Tattoo phenomona 

Post#1 » by rrosario35 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:22 pm

A tattoo here a tattoo there... no problem

but some of this is just plain ol stupid...

I mean as much as I like Wilson Chandler I think he's gotta take it easy with the tats especially that ugly thing on his neck...

Like I said in a previous thread...
Look at the guys I grew up watching

MJ
Ewing
Starks
Malone
Bird
Marc Jackson
Alonzo Mourning
Derek Harper
even Anthony Mason

How many tattoos do you remember between these guys? 5? 10? I remember Ewing had a tattoo on his 'right' boob but we never saw it.

Now... I understand that some tattoos have significant meaning to some people but a lot of what you see is just young dudes having "cool sh*t"
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Re: OT: You're opinions on the Tattoo phenomona 

Post#2 » by blueNorange » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

people who get tattoos of their favorite players number or get tattoos of a superhero are silly.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#3 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

I have 3 tattoos right now, all a good size, and Im gettin another soon. But I absolutely HATE neck tattoos. Like just look at Chandler, Marbury, and Curry. They all look like prisoners with that sh*t and it doesnt look attractive at all.

And dont even get me started with Marburys head tat lol... Idk what some of these guys are thinking.
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#4 » by ComeOnKnicks » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:27 pm

This is the only tattoo anyone should have!!
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#5 » by rrosario35 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:29 pm

Seriously... or K-marts lips

A shout out to his girlfriend... not even his wife... FTW never in my life, lol

and if his girls got lips like that... good god

Though I do respect the tat of his son on his arm... though I've considered putting my 2 children on my chest... not sure if I want to tho
Da big3
Starter
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Da big3 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:48 pm

rrosario35 wrote:Seriously... or K-marts lips

A shout out to his girlfriend... not even his wife... FTW never in my life, lol

and if his girls got lips like that... good god

Though I do respect the tat of his son on his arm... though I've considered putting my 2 children on my chest... not sure if I want to tho

how does a girl get that high...
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#7 » by Spot31 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:55 pm

I hate tattos as well, I just don't get it. Players today aren't even as good as back then when tattoos were something rare. Add diamond stud earrings to that list as well.
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
CrazyEyes
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#8 » by CrazyEyes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:58 pm

I personally think they're lame. Just seems like such a boring and conformist (in an anti-conformist sorta way) of expressing yourself. I mean really? A picture on your skin? What does it say about you other than you had the cash to pay for it? Reminds me of stupid novelty t-shirts but you can't take them off and throw them away when everyone is bored by your "I'm with stupid ---->" shirt.

I also really hate how people who go overboard on tattoos whine about how they are discriminated against over them. It was your choice. Lots of people think you look like a tool because of it and might judge you harshly. Especially the thug wanna-be ones. You're trying (very hard) to push the image you're a THUG (OMG!) and then you're upset someone doesn't want to give you a job because you're covered in them? I have no sympathy for them.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#9 » by Jose7 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Kenyon Martin wrote:“We might not lead the league in stats, but we do in tats.”
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#10 » by TKF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:34 pm

CrazyEyes wrote:I personally think they're lame. Just seems like such a boring and conformist (in an anti-conformist sorta way) of expressing yourself. I mean really? A picture on your skin? What does it say about you other than you had the cash to pay for it? Reminds me of stupid novelty t-shirts but you can't take them off and throw them away when everyone is bored by your "I'm with stupid ---->" shirt.

I also really hate how people who go overboard on tattoos whine about how they are discriminated against over them. It was your choice. Lots of people think you look like a tool because of it and might judge you harshly. Especially the thug wanna-be ones. You're trying (very hard) to push the image you're a THUG (OMG!) and then you're upset someone doesn't want to give you a job because you're covered in them? I have no sympathy for them.

yea, I agree, I think they are a bit much, when I see clowns like little wayne covered from head to toe with them, it makes me cringe... one or two, fine, but the complete body art is ridiculous.. I just don't believe that 90% of the people with these tats are going to be happy with them when they are 50 and 60...
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#11 » by Boss_ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:45 pm

they all wanna be gangstas n thugs..please..after you finish watching your team play a ballgame, stick around for the post game interviews..some talk like gangsta...some like marbury sound like they never graduated the 8th grade.

Basketball players are not role models anymore period. Well most arent. Only reason some of them even do charity (the dudes with the big contracts) is for pr relations.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#12 » by VinnyTheMick » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:49 pm

Don't be hatin', dawg.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein

Return to New York Knicks