ImageImageImageImageImage

o/t: and anthony randolph makes that face again

aNYthing
Senior
And1: 2

Re: o/t: and anthony randolph makes that face again 

Post#21 » by aNYthing » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:25 am

Even when he dunks he looks like hes crying....the kid just has some weird face expressions...

Does he have a nickname by the way?????LOL just wondering....
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#22 » by StutterStep » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:27 am

TheBluest wrote:They need to make a trade once Monta comes back.

Something like Maggette, Morrow, and Williams for Shawn Marion, Cook, and a conditional pick.

I don't know why Mullin got caught up in the losing Baron thing and then looked at Maggette, that is if that move was Mullin's call.

No way Miami makes that move. Maggette at (what) 9mil a year when you have Beasley in the same slot? Cook is a decent back up PG, so why Williams? Morrow would be nice but you can scout a guy like that.

Marion at the deadline might bring back something nice if they're in reach for a playoff slot. They actually need size more than anything...and I still think that JO is a goner in Toronto. Their fans get pissy when I say it, but JO/Bosh is not a good pairing. Oddly, Rasho filled that need much better or they should have asked for Jeff Foster from Indy.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#23 » by StutterStep » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:29 am

aNYthing wrote:Even when he dunks he looks like hes crying....the kid just has some weird face expressions...

Well, he can't have "Cry Baby" 'cause that's Glenn Davis' nickname.

How about "Tear Drop"?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#24 » by TheBluest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:39 am

StutterStep wrote:
TheBluest wrote:They need to make a trade once Monta comes back.

Something like Maggette, Morrow, and Williams for Shawn Marion, Cook, and a conditional pick.

I don't know why Mullin got caught up in the losing Baron thing and then looked at Maggette, that is if that move was Mullin's call.

No way Miami makes that move. Maggette at (what) 9mil a year when you have Beasley in the same slot? Cook is a decent back up PG, so why Williams? Morrow would be nice but you can scout a guy like that.

Marion at the deadline might bring back something nice if they're in reach for a playoff slot. They actually need size more than anything...and I still think that JO is a goner in Toronto. Their fans get pissy when I say it, but JO/Bosh is not a good pairing. Oddly, Rasho filled that need much better or they should have asked for Jeff Foster from Indy.

They need to slide Beasley to the PF spot and let him play his game like Dirk someone who can stretch the perimeter. Spolstra just has the guy wandering around in their offense while Wade plays Jamaican "I DO ALL JOBS ON THE BASKETBALL COURT, I PLAY POINT GUARD, GUARD, SMALL FORWARD, POWER FOWARD AND CENTER, GET OUT OF MY WAY. If they sent him down low more to initiate the offense you allow a little more freedom for him to become a play maker. If he wants to step out from the post or face up that's fine but him playing perimeter ball isn't totally utilizing his talent, plus he'll see the ball less the more he's roaming while Wade has the rock in his hands. The Heat need a small forward who can run the floor and hit 3's... between Morrow and Magz you get that to a degree. Use the draft to get a big.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#25 » by StutterStep » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:47 am

^Yeah, but then they're undersized forever unless their drafted Center is a mobile great defender. I still do not see Beasley as a "PF". He always struck me more of a Melo-type player.

But you are right about Spoelstra not knowing what to do with him. But I think a Rookie coach does whatever it takes to get his "superstar" on his side... and Wade and those other young guys from the Olympics (LBJ, Bosh, Melo and to a lesser degree Dwight) all came back with one thing on their mind: become the league MVP...

...they might not all say it, but I think it might take precedence over winning the championship.

Wade is the one who wants to do everything, like he has to "carry the team:. I'm not a Marion fan, but come on, no way with Wade doing all this they can't find schemes for Shawn to be effective -- same with Beasley.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,087

Post#26 » by blueNorange » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:54 am

aNYthing wrote:Image

Even when he dunks he looks like hes crying....the kid just has some weird face expressions...

good god you can see the outline of his bones.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#27 » by J-Rich- » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:01 am

this kid could play though. 15pts/10rebs/3 blks in 24 minutes vs houston
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#28 » by TheBluest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:03 am

StutterStep wrote:^Yeah, but then they're undersized forever unless their drafted Center is a mobile great defender. I still do not see Beasley as a "PF". He always struck me more of a Melo-type player.

But you are right about Spoelstra not knowing what to do with him. But I think a Rookie coach does whatever it takes to get his "superstar" on his side... and Wade and those other young guys from the Olympics (LBJ, Bosh, Melo and to a lesser degree Dwight) all came back with one thing on their mind: become the league MVP...

...they might not all say it, but I think it might take precedence over winning the championship.

Wade is the one who wants to do everything, like he has to "carry the team:. I'm not a Marion fan, but come on, no way with Wade doing all this they can't find schemes for Shawn to be effective -- same with Beasley.

Wade is a very good basketball player but he is selfish and a whiner. Players like him and even Kobe piss me off when they play like they do because they don't have to. Go do other things to help the team win and make your players better. LOL that's why I got a kick out of Knick fans who were defending Kobe when they thought we had a chance to sign him, when others got on him for being a selfish prick. You heard things like "well who is Kobe going to pass the ball to?"....uhhhhhhhhh the same players he's passing the ball to now. They have good production from their rotation because Phil finally told Kobe "look you can score a lot of pts and? How does this benefit our team as a whole? Pass the damn ball so I can develop this team the correct way" Same with Wade yeah he's getting his numbers and yeah I know he has 7-8/gm but that's because the ball is in his hands 24/7 hence his high turnover rate, almost 4/gm. I hate 2 guards who make the point guard position irrelevant on their team because they decide to be the point guard. You're right Spolstra is ball washing, he was a hand pick hire not of Riley's but of Wade's. The fact he can't make 3's is comical especially when I hear he's the best basketball player in the league.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#29 » by TKF » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:27 am

TheBluest wrote:
StutterStep wrote:^Yeah, but then they're undersized forever unless their drafted Center is a mobile great defender. I still do not see Beasley as a "PF". He always struck me more of a Melo-type player.

Wade is a very good basketball player but he is selfish and a whiner. Players like him and even Kobe piss me off when they play like they do because they don't have to. Go do other things to help the team win and make your players better. LOL that's why I got a kick out of Knick fans who were defending Kobe when they thought we had a chance to sign him, when others got on him for being a selfish prick. You heard things like "well who is Kobe going to pass the ball to?"....uhhhhhhhhh the same players he's passing the ball to now. They have good production from their rotation because Phil finally told Kobe "look you can score a lot of pts and? How does this benefit our team as a whole? Pass the damn ball so I can develop this team the correct way" Same with Wade yeah he's getting his numbers and yeah I know he has 7-8/gm but that's because the ball is in his hands 24/7 hence his high turnover rate, almost 4/gm. I hate 2 guards who make the point guard position irrelevant on their team because they decide to be the point guard. You're right Spolstra is ball washing, he was a hand pick hire not of Riley's but of Wade's. The fact he can't make 3's is comical especially when I hear he's the best basketball player in the league.

wade is not selfish, injury prone? yes, selfish? no.. this guy is a player, and a team player, and I don't see him as a whiner. Guys like he and kobe are great for the league, and you can go back and look at guys like jordan, even he had to go through that stretch when he had to learn to share the ball with his teamates. Once Jordan started relying on pippen and grant and the other guys, his game went to the next level... Kobe had to learn that again, and he is doing fine now. I would take kobe if offered to the knicks right now.... These guys just don't get great numbers, but they play both sides of the ball and they are true game changers. Heck wade is getting nearly two blocks per game... you talk about me being stuck on players, well at least the players I stick on have questionable games. You are finding fault with two of the games betters if not best players along with lebron... And yes people, knicks fans wanted kobe, why is that something to get a kick out of. The guy is a winner.... Is he a prick? is he selfish? well he can be selfish but he has shown that he is putting that behindhim, is he a prick? maybe, but I am not trying to be his friend, on the court, he is a prick who cares about winning and will do anything on the floor to doso.. I can't hate that... If he was a prick that didn't work hard or respect the game, that is another story, but Kobe is one heck of a talent, and he has the lakers on pace to another finals appearance..

Again, you are entitled to your opinion, I just don't get why you are ragging on these two guys.. In a league with a lot of overhyped players and questionable talent, these guys are a blessing..
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#30 » by TheBluest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:44 am

Because when you get labeled as the best then the criticism takes on a higher level. Watch how often Wade looks off open teammates to go after a greater degree of difficulty shot, which he has the talent to convert. He does this quite often. He also sets up suicide plays. These are plays that I call suicide when he decides at the very last second possible because all of his 100 options tried in 23sec have been taken from him, he'll dump it off to a teammates and it's up to them to live or die on the play. Kobe used to do the same thing except to the opposite end of the spectrum he used to(still does less often though) do triple pump fakes when triple teamed and like Wade had the talent to make those kid of shots but overlooked his teammates time and again doing so. Lakers fans even dubbed his theactrical shots as NUTBANGERS. He'd have 2-3 dude smashing him in the nuts with open teammates right under the basket but he launch shots instead. He made some of those shots but he should have been passing more. He's still talking about he doesn't know if his team has what it takes to win it all, largely due to the fact he slowed their team progression down going ofter scoring titles and single game scoring records. I mean LOL he averaged 27FGA/gm for the season just 3yrs ago. That's insane in this day and age no matter what the roster consist of and even more ridiculous when you have a HOF coach on the bench who's won 6championships..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#31 » by TKF » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:58 am

TheBluest wrote:Because when you get labeled as the best then the criticism takes on a higher level. Watch how often Wade looks off open teammates to go after a greater degree of difficulty shot, which he has the talent to convert. He does this quite often. He also sets up suicide plays. These are plays that I call suicide when he decides at the very last second possible because all of his 100 options tried in 23sec have been taken from him, he'll dump it off to a teammates and it's up to them to live or die on the play. Kobe used to do the same thing except to the opposite end of the spectrum he used to(still does less often though) do triple pump fakes when triple teamed and like Wade had the talent to make those kid of shots but overlooked his teammates time and again doing so. Lakers fans even dubbed his theactrical shots as NUTBANGERS. He'd have 2-3 dude smashing him in the nuts with open teammates right under the basket but he launch shots instead. He made some of those shots but he should have been passing more. He's still talking about he doesn't know if his team has what it takes to win it all, largely due to the fact he slowed their team progression down going ofter scoring titles and single game scoring records. I mean LOL he averaged 27FGA/gm for the season just 3yrs ago. That's insane in this day and age no matter what the roster consist of and even more ridiculous when you have a HOF coach on the bench who's won 6championships..

Well I must say, these guys do take their fair share of shots and do force some as well, but how can you blame them when the league is set up tp reward this type of play? How many times have we seen both kobe and wade go in one against 4 in a no win situation and get bailed out with a foul call? way to often, it almost makes these guys unguardable... when you can make 5 shots in a game and still score 32 because you shot 25 FT's. Something is wrong. Now both kobe and wade are great talents, and I am not saying there isn' t any merit to your argument, but it goes back to how this league is set up. It makes it almost advantageous for guys like that to have their way, so sometimes it is better off for wade to force the issue knowing he is going to get a make or a foul 75% of the time or throw it out to a teamate who shoots 40% from the field.... LOL.. It sucks, but it is the way it is now.... Even with that said, I think kobe and wade are fantastic player and both winners.
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#32 » by 2010 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:10 am

That Anthony Randolph boy is surely a character, LOL.

I can never get tired of laughing at that "sneer" lmao!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,063

Post#33 » by stuporman » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:16 pm

some_rand wrote:randolph can play, hes gonna be a superstar. Hes the unsoft version on gallinari

Wait.....you're calling a guy who cries because Tim Thomas dunks him unsoft? LOL!

aNYthing wrote:Even when he dunks he looks like hes crying....the kid just has some weird face expressions...

I think it's safe to start calling him Anthony WAAAHHHHndolph.......
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#34 » by Paeds » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Its funny, I was watching the game and saw him make that face when he was back peddling after a play and I thought to myself "what in the hell kind of face is that"...LOL

didnt think anyone noticed it too

Return to New York Knicks