ImageImageImageImageImage

I hope Walsh wants Tinsley.....

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

I hope Walsh wants Tinsley..... 

Post#1 » by BasicBall » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:30 pm

I really HOPE Walsh is waiting to see what happens with Tinsley....I know alot of folks believe he brings baggage, but if he is in shape he would be a TREMENDOUS backup to Duhon in this system for the rest of the year....His handle is impeccable, he is an ABOVE-AVERAGE passer. In the drive and kick, pick and roll situations he would be a beast and because he can get damn near anywhere on the floor with his handle NY would not skip a beat when Duhon sits....I also really think he is an underrated defender as he is VERY good playing the passing lanes!

This 7 man rotation over 82 games just can't go on as we all know and I dont see one guard on any roster who would be a better fit for THIS OFFENSE than Tinsley.....Marcus Williams?? I dont believe he is a better basketball player than Tinsley, just my opinion!

Yes we have traveled this road before with a Brooklyn point guard, but for the rest of the season, he'd be worth a shot at the league min. I am just hoping that Walsh knows what pg he wants and I am quite sure he knows the Tinsley situation and if Jamal is in decent shape, he fits this offensive system in so many ways just on instinct alone...
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Re: I hope Walsh wants Tinsley..... 

Post#2 » by Ralphie96 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:43 pm

of course he would be worth it at the league min. for the rest of the year but...

i dont see Indy just buying him out...doesnt he have like 2 or 3 years left? Indy wants to trade him.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#3 » by BasicBall » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Ralphie96 wrote:of course he would be worth it at the league min. for the rest of the year but...

i dont see Indy just buying him out...doesnt he have like 2 or 3 years left? Indy wants to trade him.

Good point and I dont know how many years he has left...But when I look at rosters and see who and what is available...then I recall Tinsley's style of play, for me he is the best fit!
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,287

Post#4 » by gavran » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm sure Walsh wants Tinsley after all that crap he did in Indy. I mean Walsh was sitting in the front row, watching him for years. Who wouldn't want him?
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#5 » by chrbal » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:04 pm

The Thunder, maybe.

I really thought that Tinsley to the Knicks for something (i proposed Jared Jefferies in a "your garbage for ours" type trade in the preseason) would be beneficial to both Tinsley and the Knicks. Then you see how well Duhon does in the Knicks system, and you know that Tinsley would do well here.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Pacers hang onto him until after the season ends. The Tinsley-Pacers situation and the Marbury-Knicks situation are strange as hell to me. You want him gone, MOVE ON ALREADY. Do the Pacers honestly think some team is going to cough up draft picks and/or some better fit player for them? I'm sure some team is just waiting to trade an expiring for Tinsley as we speak. It makes no sense what so ever.
Train7492
Junior
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Train7492 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:08 pm

I also think that Tinsley would be a great fit for your team. I would almost say that Tinsley is still the best PG that the Pacers have on their roster. If it was not for all the problems of trying to get the fans back in the stands Tinsley would be playing, Bird just had to make a stand so the fans would see that he was moving on. Tinsley knowing this could be his last chance will make the best of it, exspecially if he could get to NY, I think thats were he really wants to be.

Tinsley for Jeffries
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#7 » by knicks742 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Tinsley and expiring or 2 year deal for Eddy Curry is a trade I would do at this point.
R33D33
General Manager
And1: 15
Location: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Post#8 » by R33D33 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Tinsley expires in 2011. He has a very similar contract to the one of Jeffries. Ideally I'd trade Tinsley for Jeffries but because we don't have a lot of length up front with the injuries we have, it doesn't seem like that trade would be likely. Cheaper options at point guard are available but I agree if the Pacers do buy him out (which I doubt), we should go after him.
R33D33 wrote:Can we agree on this, get rid of all benefits corporations get from governments?
Bulltalk wrote:Not really.
‎"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." – H.L. Mencken
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#9 » by NYKAL » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:14 pm

we already got one cancer sitting at home. Why bring in another. I'd rather have a useless Eddy Curry than that tool (pun intended)
fimo
Junior
And1: 0

Post#10 » by fimo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:15 pm

he expires in 2011. No way im taking him unless they take jefferies AND curry
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#11 » by Johnny Hoops » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:30 pm

That would be an interesting scenario if Indy released him - to see if Walsh had any mild interest.

I know that Walsh thinks Tinsley is a talent but I wonder how much he thinks of him as a teammate.

Tinsley would probably kill with D'Antoni's style --- he'd have to understand he's coming in as a back-up.

I suppose Donnie could be monitoring his situation....never know.

For those who would say Walsh would NEVER consider Tinsley -- consider that he was the one who attempted to give Steph a chance.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#12 » by BasicBall » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:54 pm

I dont want to trade with Indiana, I only take a look at Tinsley IF he is released....I have to think Walsh would inquire IF he becomes available.

For people that dont agree that Tinsley would be dynamic in this system, I reference his 1st three seasons in the league, he is a suspect shooter but can hit the set-shot 3...But his ball-handling and passing would be just tremendous for this offense....if he would accept a reduced role as a backup he'd be a great addition!

It's just a thought, but with Al and Walsh now in NY I can see it happening!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,431

Post#13 » by RHODEY » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Tinsley has always been a very good assists man. His weaknesses have been: Fragility and turnovers. Still a a backup I would say he would rock. Heck even as a starter in this system.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#14 » by Johnny Hoops » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:06 pm

RHODEY wrote:Tinsley has always been a very good assists man. His weaknesses have been: Fragility and turnovers. Still a a backup I would say he would rock. Heck even as a starter in this system.

He has something that Duhon really doesn't bring -- a pure ability to get into the paint on his own and find people.

Don't get me wrong Duhon has been awesome - he just needs the pick & roll to work his way into the lane.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#15 » by BasicBall » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:09 pm

RHODEY wrote:Tinsley has always been a very good assists man. His weaknesses have been: Fragility and turnovers. Still a a backup I would say he would rock. Heck even as a starter in this system.

I wouldn't want him to start....But watching Kobe defend Duhon last night and successfully slow down the Knicks offense, I want another ball-handler out there who can not only get his, but run the offense. Nate is not a point guard...But he is damn sure a guy who can get his...At times you go three guards, with Al, Tim, Duhon, Nate & Tinsley a defensive nightmare...Pick and pop with Al and Tim, pick and roll with Harrington, drive and kick with Nate and Duhon....If you think Duhon and Lee work that pick and roll....Tinsley and Lee would run it just as good if not better as I believe Tinsley sees the floor better than Duhon!

Like I said, its just a random thought...I'm sure Tinsley will not get a buyout! But if he does....
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#16 » by BasicBall » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:

He has something that Duhon really doesn't bring -- a pure ability to get into the paint on his own and find people.

Don't get me wrong Duhon has been awesome - he just needs the pick & roll to work his way into the lane.

Exactly, this not to slight Duhon in anyway, I just believe that of all the suspects Walsh may be thinking about to play backup pg, Tinsley fits THIS system best! Not via trade though...The chemistry is just too good right now!

Return to New York Knicks