ImageImageImageImageImage

A bit of a reach but a prediction....on Fat Eddy

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

A bit of a reach but a prediction....on Fat Eddy 

Post#1 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:34 pm

I may be way off on this one but my heart tells me that Eddy Curry is feining his knee injury and could be playing already if he wanted to.

I'm basically saying that Eddy knows he has guaranteed options for 3-more years and he is pissed at D'Antoni for having the balls to cast him aside in training camp.

In my heart - I believe he is faking this thing to stick it to the Knicks. He doesn't care about his value right now because his contract protects him and he knows he won't have to work until his deal is closer to expiration. The guy hates the game and is more content to sit and NOT play then he is to work himself into shape and play.

I believe the Knicks already are aware of this situation and I believe they are taking notes with an eventual plan to challenge Eddy's contract for failure to fulfill the basic requirements of the deal. Basically being physically ready to perform as a NBA basketball player.

Maybe I'm wrong - I'm just frustrated that this FAT ASS was too lazy to get into shape in a season where he could have made a difference.

I NEVER WANT TO SEE HIS FAT ASS IN A KNICKS UNIFORM EVER AGAIN!!!!!
KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Re: A bit of a reach but a prediction....on Fat Eddy 

Post#2 » by KNEMESIS » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Didn't they do medical tests that revealed the injury?
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#3 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:44 pm

D'Antoni realizes he's not in condition to help the team. He didn't help his cause by showing up overweight and his knee injury only adds to Curry's problems,
KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#4 » by KNEMESIS » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:51 pm

What sux is that if he's really injured it hampers our ability to trade his fat arse.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#5 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:I believe the Knicks already are aware of this situation and I believe they are taking notes with an eventual plan to challenge Eddy's contract for failure to fulfill the basic requirements of the deal. Basically being physically ready to perform as a NBA basketball player.

I agree. The Knicks have to be thinking something along these lines. I expect either an attempt at a medical retirement or the scenario that you are describing will unfold.
defjux21
Analyst
And1: 85

Post#6 » by defjux21 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
Johnny Hoops wrote:I believe the Knicks already are aware of this situation and I believe they are taking notes with an eventual plan to challenge Eddy's contract for failure to fulfill the basic requirements of the deal. Basically being physically ready to perform as a NBA basketball player.

I agree. The Knicks have to be thinking something along these lines. I expect either an attempt at a medical retirement or the scenario that you are describing will unfold.

That sounds accurate. The Knicks will use this as a last resort. Until then, they will try to trade him sometime this season. There is still a bit of trade interest looming now, and trading him next year will be problematic since nearly all teams will be geared for 2010 mode. The Knicks can pursue the retirement or breach of contract options then if necessary.
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#7 » by NYKBaller » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:23 pm

think about it like this, in eddy's contract year he'll play his hardest and will be serviceable right then....
Follow me at @CTthatdude & watch www.youtube.com/CTthatdude
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#8 » by GuyverADL » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:44 pm

The Knicks arent getting a medical retirement for Curry

You think Curry cant play 10 consecutive games a year.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM

Post#9 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:46 pm

optimusADL wrote:The Knicks arent getting a medical retirement for Curry

I'm leaning toward the Knicks looking to void Curry's contract based on his failure to be prepared to play. It's the only thing I've got - so just let me dream.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM

Post#10 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:48 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:
optimusADL wrote:The Knicks arent getting a medical retirement for Curry

I'm leaning toward the Knicks looking to void Curry's contract based on his failure to be prepared to play. It's the only thing I've got - so just let me dream.

Or maybe better stated -- the Knicks may attempt to suspend him without pay for refusing to play or for failure to live up to the minimum requirements of an NBA contract.

Insert picture of Hoops grasping for straws.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#11 » by truth serum » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Hahaha, maybe not too far of a reach. I mean, something is fishy about the whole situation. We all know how emotionally fragile Eddy can be...and we know the initial reason for him being sat had nothing to do with a sore knee and everything to do with him being way too unprepared and out of shape to play. Bottom line is, for a player who had so much promise at one point and STILL has the ability to be productive in this league.....Eddy Curry is a DISGRACE!
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#12 » by duetta » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Two years ago certain individuals on this board were saying that Lee was faking his injury. It's impossible to know what a player is feeling, and whether he's seriously hurt or milking it. The problem is that, unlike Lee, it's hard to give the Eddy the benefit of doubt, especially given the fact that he came into camp woefully out of shape given the demands of D'Antoni's system.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#13 » by nyknicks09 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:32 pm

Just wait until next season. Once Marbury is off the books, Curry is the next victim to be sent home.
New York Knicks
CrazyEyes
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#14 » by CrazyEyes » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:42 pm

I don't think Curry cares if he gets another NBA contract. He's got the heart thing in the back of his mind still. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he retired in 3 years.

Return to New York Knicks