ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it me or does Doc Rivers do squat

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

JD1121
Freshman
And1: 0

Is it me or does Doc Rivers do squat 

Post#1 » by JD1121 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:11 pm

I watched the game last night against the Hawks and it just seemed like Doc doesn't do much. I guess if i had Garnett, Pierce and Allen, I wouldn't have to either. I think the guy gets too much credit for what he does.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Is it me or does Doc Rivers do squat 

Post#2 » by NYKAL » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:16 pm

you know, I had the same though.

Garnett is more responsible for the Defense imo than anything the coach has done. His presence and outspoken personality has done more to motivate and hold players accountable as well.

I remember seeing an interview with Perk and Pierce about how they have rededicated themselves to defense after seeing how hard KG works out. Perk even said how can he not go put the work in seeing KG work ethic.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#3 » by Red Vines » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:17 pm

Once the game starts, the preparation is done and a good team knows what to do--so alot of coaches don't do much coaching during the game--Phil Jackson is the same way.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#4 » by nyknicks09 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:32 pm

I don't know what you are watching but it sure is not coaching. I personally believe that Coach Rivers and his players are on the same page which is playing good defense and sharing the ball. They already know the plays and Rondo doesn't have to look at Coach Rivers every time he goes down with the ball to execute a play so that kind of tells you that the Celtics know what to do and coach Rivers just have to make sure they execute the play. You have to give the coach a lot of credit for the way 3 superstars share the ball with the rest of their teammates. This is why the Celtics are the best team in the NBA right now.
New York Knicks
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#5 » by Pharmcat » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:52 pm

rivers is the most overrated coach around
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#6 » by nyknicks09 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:06 pm

Pharmcat wrote:rivers is the most overrated coach around

Can you explain please?
It only took a season for the Celtics to win a championship. K.G. is a monster and belongs to the hall of fame when he retires. I don't get why fans taunt him all the times like they are going to distract him from playing good. Is funny how he doesn't back down and just looks at them straight to their eyes and makes them eat their own crow. :lol:
New York Knicks
DrSithMirth
Head Coach
And1: 11
Location: The Black Lodge. Raise up off me, lest you find yourself with us. Under the sycamore trees..

Post#7 » by DrSithMirth » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Nah, Doc Rivers is a good coach. He's in a situation where he doesn't have to do much relative to where he's been in the past, but he's a good coach. He lucked into the situation he's in, though. If you want to call it luck, Kevin Mchale.
Cheers, Dr. SithMirth

Return to New York Knicks