ImageImageImageImageImage

David Lee

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Re: David Lee 

Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:16 pm

duetta wrote:I think Lee's situation changed with Lebron's statement that he might just sign an extension. I think quite a few of the mega 2010 FAs are thinking about staying home (where they can get the most money), if the situation is right. There may be fewer max or even close to max FAs available in 2010. The Knicks already have the cap room to sign one MAX FA. Having the room for two in 2010 might be like preparing a dinner party for fifty people and having only 15 show up.

Exactly. That's why I think my trade proposal (assuming we aren't going to keep Lee) of sending Lee to Phoenix with parts for Amare. It may have to be a sign and trade and we might have to send Malik, or somebody else, to make it work. But we bring in a stud who can play both the power forward and center positions; and it's somebody who D'Antoni has coached and Amare already knows the system. Don't get me wrong, I would like us to keep Lee and have him back-up at both positions. So I can wait for 2010 for Amare, but if Lee ultimately is not in our future plans, then I think this is a good trade for the team.

And, to be honest, LeBron is a great player, no doubt, but I really like what Al Harrington brings to the table (and "no" I'm not putting Al up there with LeBron). Al is fearless (yes, sometimes he takes ill advised shot - though I'm sure it's with D'Antoni's encouragement) and he plays pretty good defense. He doesn't pass like LeBron for sure.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks