ImageImageImageImageImage

Why do some people have an axe to grind with Walsh?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Do you believe that Walsh will make us a legit contender in 3-4 years?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:01 am

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 44

Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Re: Why do some people have an axe to grind with Walsh? 

Post#181 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:42 pm

#1knickfan wrote:
tomgugliottamvp wrote:
I really can't take a moron like you seriously with a sig like that when you compare Walsh to Isiah and already brand Walsh a terrible GM.

He is a terrible GM. Look at his track record. Kept Marbury when he should have cut him b4 the start of the season. Wasted a lottery pick on Gallo who doesn't even fill a need for us even if he wasn't an almost assured bust. Made 3 terrible trades. Built a team that sucks so bad Chris Duhon needs to average 40 minutes a game. Talks about Jared Jeffries return from injury as if he'll make a significant impact. Decides to keep Jerome James instead of opening a roster spot for Patrick Ewing Jr.

Y
ou are a disgrace to Knicks fans. You are the typical NY d-bag follower who always complains about everything. I take it you waited until last year to realize Isiah Thomas sucked because of all his flashy moves.

Its Knick fans like you who are the disgrace. Walsh pisses on your heads and you believe him when he says its raining. I for one can't wait for Lebron to resign with Cleveland so douchebags like yourself will finally realize what a mistake it was to waste these next 2 years.

But as soon as Walsh trades the superstar players of our lifetimes, Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford (look at both their records since the deal if you want to enjoy a laugh),

Crawford 19.4 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds and 1 steal a game.
Randolph 23.4 points, 2.5 assists and 10 rebounds a game.

That's their numbers since the deal. Nothing to laugh about there.

you cry like a little girl. Pathetic. This is why I can't take some people here seriously.

I guess you must laugh at Boston fans a lot if you think winning is such a joke.

Check Randolph and Crawford's PER
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
Isiah killed the knicks
Junior
And1: 0

Post#182 » by Isiah killed the knicks » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:42 pm

Guys, there has to be a better use of time then to try to convince someone who thinks that isiah had a plan, eddy curry is talented and isiah is a better GM then Walsh that the knicks are on the right path.

This is the message board equivalent of banging your head off the wall.....

Let #1knicksfan enjoy his swim in the ignorance pool.
"Thomas is a master tanker. Imagine if we had let him tank the first 2 years he was here." - optimusadl
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#183 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Isiah killed the knicks wrote:Guys, there has to be a better use of time then to try to convince someone who thinks that isiah had a plan, eddy curry is talented and isiah is a better GM then Walsh that the knicks are on the right path.

ur right but my question is why was Isaiah here for more then a year, so we gotta give donnie props for saving this Franchise but i would of rather had the Portland Gm , who is the best drafting gm
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,914

Post#184 » by GONYK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Knicksfan1 wrote:
Isiah killed the knicks wrote:Guys, there has to be a better use of time then to try to convince someone who thinks that isiah had a plan, eddy curry is talented and isiah is a better GM then Walsh that the knicks are on the right path.

ur right but my question is why was Isaiah here for more then a year, so we gotta give donnie props for saving this Franchise but i would of rather had the Portland Gm , who is the best drafting gm

Isiah was a great drafter. Where did that get us?

There is more to being a GM than drafting. On top of that, there is absolutely no evidence that can definitively prove that Donnie has been a bad drafter since taking over the Knicks. So wait and see.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#185 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:21 pm

GONYK wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:

There is more to being a GM than drafting. On top of that, there is absolutely no evidence that can definitively prove that Donnie has been a bad drafter since taking over the Knicks. So wait and see.
Isaiah didnt have to many great picks i mean he did draft balkman and collin, only good picks were lee and chandler so no he's not a great drafter , and i have high hopes for gallo possibly him being as good as dirk
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,914

Post#186 » by GONYK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Knicksfan1 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:ur right but my question is why was Isaiah here for more then a year, so we gotta give donnie props for saving this Franchise but i would of rather had the Portland Gm , who is the best drafting gm

Isaiah didnt have to many great picks i mean he did draft balkman and collin, only good picks were lee and chandler so no he's not a great drafter , and i have high hopes for gallo possibly him being as good as dirk
The picks he had were his own fault. He could have had lotto picks every year had he made smarter moves. That proves my point that there is more to being an executive than drafting. Secondly, every one of Isiah's picks can contribute on an NBA team, and almost all of them will have a decent long-term career in the NBA. So yes, going on the criteria that the average NBA career is about 4.5 years, and Lee, Chandler, Frye, Ariza, and possibly Mardy and Balk will have careers that extend FAR beyond that, then yes, he is a great drafter. He was lacking in a lot of other skills that GM's need. Donnie has those skills.
#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#187 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:00 am

TKF wrote:

I second that.. and knickfan can take this as a warning, enough with the name calling....

And I already responded to you earlier about how you need to relax. You are making a big thing out of nothing.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#188 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 am

Paeds wrote:
This is the first and last time I am going to tell you to stop with the namecalling

I hope its the last time because that would mean you grew a pair and stopped taking things so personally.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#189 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:09 am

TrueWarrior wrote:
Isiah brought in talented players? Really like who? You mean perennial 6th man 40% shooting Jamal Crawford? Oh wait you mean Zach Randolph? Hes a true winner right? Easily worth his max contract and somebody to build around? If not him then Marbury? Gotta love the NY product huh? Hes def a team first kinda guy who makes his teammates better. No doubt. What about Eddy Curry? Actually where is Eddy Curry? Let me know when you find him. Maybe hes hanging out with Steve Francis. Hey Q-Rich won the 3 pt shootout, he must be a good shooter! Hows Channing Frye doing? Oh wait I forgot Portland has "depth" so theres no reason why a great draft pick like him should be playing over Joel Pryzbilla.

Yea Isiah was a gem. Always going for the quick fix and bringing in flawed "talent" to appease the short sighted numbnuts like #1knickfan.

Of course, considering your lack of intelligence it comes as no surprise THAT YOU COMPLETELY MISS THE ENTIRE POINT OF WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY. Do I have to draw you a picture? You have to just be pretending because you cannot be naturally this ignorant.

Let me try to explain it so you can understand how dumb you sound in this post. The entire point of my sig acknowledges that Isiah was a terrible GM. If you actually knew how to read you would have seen that. The difference is that Isiah never stopped trying to put a winning team on the floor. He may not have had any idea how to do it but he never stopped trying. Walsh isn't even trying to build a winning team. His so called plan is built on the hopes that Lebron finds it in his heart to come and save the Knicks. People like you would prefer to live with that delusion than have a GM who actually attempts to make this team work. What Walsh is doing is no different that someone praying to God for the winning lottery numbers instead of going out and looking for a job.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#190 » by Bill Bradley » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 am

#1knickfan is a poster who has been banned at least three times already. He was that bobs3304 (or something) guy, hoboryan, killakindness, and has probably had other usernames too. He obviously doesn't care that he's going to get waived again because he's decided he will come back with a new account again.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#191 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:18 am

TrueWarrior wrote:The self proclaimed #1knickfan. Youre pathetic. No argument at all. Terrible poster. Just go away.

So Augustin is a little faster means what? Hes smaller so it evens out.

Bayless at SG would be an atrocity. Dude would get bullied on D all over the place even worse than Crawford.

We all know Gallo hasnt played, but the season isnt even half over yet. Hell most likely have over 2 months to play for us this year if everything goes to plan. So why dont you shut the f*ck up and wait like the rest of us ya big baby. Its easy to sh*t on a player when he hasnt played yet.

#1knickfan = Image

You go away and take all these fake Knick fans with you. The only people who should be allowed to post on this board are people who want the Knicks to win. You're clearly a bigger fan of Lebron than this team so stop taking up space here and go to the Lebron James fan site that is the Cleveland board.

P.S: Bayless and Augustin will both make damned good starters for their teams for a long time. Chris Duhon is an overrated turd forced to play 40 minutes a game on a Donnie Walsh created trainwreck.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#192 » by TKF » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 am

#1knickfan wrote:
TKF wrote:

I second that.. and knickfan can take this as a warning, enough with the name calling....

And I already responded to you earlier about how you need to relax. You are making a big thing out of nothing.

I don't need to relax.. check yourself here.. You need to calm down!
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#193 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 am

Bill Bradley wrote:#1knickfan is a poster who has been banned at least three times already. He was that bobs3304 (or something) guy, hoboryan, killakindness, and has probably had other usernames too. He obviously doesn't care that he's going to get waived again because he's decided he will come back with a new account again.

I was never waived 3 times previously.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#194 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

TKF wrote:
#1knickfan wrote:
TKF wrote:

I don't need to relax.. check yourself here.. You need to calm down!

You need to check yourself. There are people in this thread saying much worse stuff than me but you haven't said jack to them because you support the Donnie Walsh delusion that they support.
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#195 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:23 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:

Donnie Walsh did as much to destroy this franchise as Isiah did in less time. At least Isiah tried to win. Its not Isiah's fault he wasn't qualified to do the job. Walsh is supposed to be qualified and he's purposely built a losing team whose only hope is a flimsy one at best.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#196 » by TKF » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:23 am

You need to check yourself. There are people in this thread saying much worse stuff than me but you haven't said jack to them because you support the Donnie Walsh delusion that they support.

no more warnings... I have had enough man..
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#197 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:26 am

And where are the warnings for the other people? Don't hold me to a certain standard if you're going to give others a free pass for saying worse things. I am not an infant so I won't cry if I am called a bad name but I'll be damned if I am called out on something by a mod while people who have said worse things get off scott free.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#198 » by Knicksfan1 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:27 am

[/quote]

You need to check yourself. There are people in this thread saying much worse stuff than me but you haven't said jack to them because you support the Donnie Walsh delusion that they support.[/quote][/quote]
wow so being the smart person u are , i bet u forgot donnie's pacers who were an elite team while he was there
#1knickfan
Banned User

Post#199 » by #1knickfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:28 am

I am not a Pacers fan so why would I care.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#200 » by Knicksfan1 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:30 am

#1knickfan wrote:I am not a Pacers fan so why would I care.

because thats how donnie built his team. u dont do research so please stfu

Return to New York Knicks