ImageImageImageImageImage

The best thing for this team is a top 7 pick

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Re: The best thing for this team is a top 7 pick 

Post#61 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 3:54 am

GONYK wrote:Regardless of his job as a GM, Isiah is a very good drafter. In a league where the average career is 4 years, Isiah's picks almost always have long careers and almost always are producers on their teams.

As far as posting who he passed on, that is probably the most useless way to try and out him as a drafter. I can do that for every GM in the league. Every single one. When you get 2 picks out of 60 kids, that is bound to happen.

I agree that we could really use a lotto pick. Harden would be perfect.

I am starting to believe derozan might be good with a coach like d'antioni i mean he has vc writn all over him
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#62 » by Paeds » Sun Jan 4, 2009 3:57 am

[quote="GONYK"]Regardless of his job as a GM, Isiah is a very good drafter. In a league where the average career is 4 years, Isiah's picks almost always have long careers and almost always are producers on their teams.

As far as posting who he passed on, that is probably the most useless way to try and out him as a drafter. I can do that for every GM in the league. Every single one. When you get 2 picks out of 60 kids, that is bound to happen.

I agree that we could really use a lotto pick. Harden would be perfect.[/quote

]I'll go one step father, I believe each of his picks are still in league besides Damon stoudamire and thats including 2nd rd pick Ariza
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#63 » by GONYK » Sun Jan 4, 2009 3:57 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:
GONYK wrote:Regardless of his job as a GM, Isiah is a very good drafter. In a league where the average career is 4 years, Isiah's picks almost always have long careers and almost always are producers on their teams.

I agree that we could really use a lotto pick. Harden would be perfect.

I am starting to believe derozan might be good with a coach like d'antioni i mean he has vc writn all over him

He also has an extremely shaky jumper, a very sloppy handle, and seems to be unable to function in a halfcourt system. I think the kid can turn out to be a legit player, but he needs a few more years of seasoning in college.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#64 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:07 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

He also has an extremely shaky jumper, a very sloppy handle, and seems to be unable to function in a halfcourt system. I think the kid can turn out to be a legit player, but he needs a few more years of seasoning in college.[/quote]What do u think about Brandon Jennings?
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#65 » by GuyverADL » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:09 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

He also has an extremely shaky jumper, a very sloppy handle, and seems to be unable to function in a halfcourt system. I think the kid can turn out to be a legit player, but he needs a few more years of seasoning in college.
What do u think about Brandon Jennings?[/quote]

Vince Carter? You serious?

Vince's handle is no joke. Plus his jumper is pretty much money.

Derozan has a long way to go.

I prefer SG's who can actually shoot coming out of college. Thats just me.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#66 » by GONYK » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:11 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

What do u think about Brandon Jennings?[/quote]
Brandon Jennings, from what I've seen, has shown flashes, but he will be a bit of a project for the first few years. I wish he played college ball, so I could see him more closely.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#67 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:13 am

I am saying when Derozan can develop a jumpshot and get a better handle he will be pretty good. I love Harden but I dont think we get a top 3 pick. I also like Jennings but he needs a jumpshot
NY The Truth
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#68 » by NY The Truth » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:37 am

Even though it would be nice to get a top 7 pick, i think its more important that we get multiple first round picks. I think, if we can get 2 picks other than our own we will be set. Trade Lee for picks. If we can replace guys like marbury, malik, q rich, thomas, roberson with solid prospects with large upside the knicks will be headed in the right direction.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#69 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:41 am

NY The Truth wrote:Even though it would be nice to get a top 7 pick, i think its more important that we get multiple first round picks. I think, if we can get 2 picks other than our own we will be set. Trade Lee for picks. If we can replace guys like marbury, malik, q rich, thomas, roberson with solid prospects with large upside the knicks will be headed in the right direction.

Thats what I have been saying for awhile now :D
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,701

Post#70 » by ezmoney707 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:44 am

Synciere wrote:Oh dear, everyone talking about tanking once again. I honestly think we need to compete for the playoffs. I'll say it again: Guys need to learn how to win, and you can't do that if every season you're tanking for the best young guy, only to be left out of the top 3.

When we are statistically out of the playoffs, then you can start tanking for the ping pong balls. Until then, you create a culture of hard work and fight till the last breath. Otherwise, guys learn to be quitters. Otherwise, you create a culture of losing. I'd honestly rather be a .500 team and barely miss the playoffs, then tank. At least we'd have something to build on within the team, instead of praying a young guy will be our savior.

This the realest thing ever wrote on this board. Well maybe not ever, but it ranks up there.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#71 » by Smoke24 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:45 am

NY The Truth wrote:Even though it would be nice to get a top 7 pick, i think its more important that we get multiple first round picks. I think, if we can get 2 picks other than our own we will be set. Trade Lee for picks. If we can replace guys like marbury, malik, q rich, thomas, roberson with solid prospects with large upside the knicks will be headed in the right direction.

So we want to be like New Jersey was last year when they had picks 10 & 21 after stealing the trade with the mavs. I'll take that, then package those picks and move up, I know having a player in the 20's range would be nice, but id rather have a closer to a sure thing than another project.

And in all honesty, the only one who can probably net us a good round 1 pick is David Lee, but in doing so we'll lose any rebounding we have and really suck as a team unless we get like a craig smith or another player like that comming back here.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,916

Post#72 » by blueNorange » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:47 am

what the knicks should look at if they're between 8-14

LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#73 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:49 am

Smoke24 wrote:

So we want to be like New Jersey was last year when they had picks 10 & 21 after stealing the trade with the mavs. I'll take that, then package those picks and move up, I know having a player in the 20's range would be nice, but id rather have a closer to a sure thing than another project.

And in all honesty, the only one who can probably net us a good round 1 pick is David Lee, but in doing so we'll lose any rebounding we have and really suck as a team unless we get like a craig smith or another player like that comming back here.

yea but rebounding is something anybody can do as long as u try and gallo can be a rebounder like dirk :wink:
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#74 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:50 am

blueNorange wrote:what the knicks should look at if they're between 8-14

Cole Aldrich is the next brook lopez which is good for us
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#75 » by GONYK » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:54 am

If we are going for Aldrich, I hope it's much closer to 14 than 8. I also hope he turns out to be better than Lopez.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#76 » by blueNorange » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:55 am

from what i saw today, aldrich can jump much higher than lopez. the man was putting fear into anyone who was going into the lane as how he had 6 blocks.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#77 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 4:57 am

blueNorange wrote:from what i saw today, aldrich can jump much higher than lopez. the man was putting fear into anyone who was going into the lane as how he had 6 blocks.

he looked great like a lee who is taller and plays defense which equals automatic win :D :D :D :D
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#78 » by Smoke24 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 5:01 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:from what i saw today, aldrich can jump much higher than lopez. the man was putting fear into anyone who was going into the lane as how he had 6 blocks.

he looked great like a lee who is taller and plays defense which equals automatic win :D :D :D :D

Isn't that an oxymoron putting Lee and defense together in a complimentary sentence.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#79 » by blueNorange » Sun Jan 4, 2009 5:02 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:

the one thing you can't teach is height and he's a giant at 6'11". he's also 250 pounds despite not being big. if there's ever a project you want to teach it's a center and if aldrich declares and the knicks don't get lucky then he'd be a great pick with unlimited potential.

i think he'd declare if he's a guaranteed lottery pick.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#80 » by Knicksfan1 » Sun Jan 4, 2009 5:09 am

blueNorange wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:

the one thing you can't teach is height and he's a giant at 6'11". he's also 250 pounds despite not being big. if there's ever a project you want to teach it's a center and if aldrich declares and the knicks don't get lucky then he'd be a great pick with unlimited potential.

i think he'd declare if he's a guaranteed lottery pick.

Yes he prop. will declare due to the weak draft and the potential to be a high pick

Return to New York Knicks