ImageImageImageImageImage

Tkf's keys to the victory!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Tkf's keys to the victory! 

Post#1 » by TKF » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:48 am

Very nice win.. anytime you can beat these cocky jerks, it feels good. But hey, I am not going to say we turned the corner, because we may come out and get our teeth kicked in by the thunder, that has been the knicks this year.. when you see us win games like this, it makes you wonder what happened vs the wolves, and pacers... Lets hope we can build off of this win..

Keys:

Defense: we played the best I have seen all year.. Putting jeffries on rondo, to disrupt the boston offense was key. Rondo is not that good anyway, but jeffries prevented him from intitiating the offense in a timely fashion. Also we doubled garnett, took him out the game, and really just let one of the big 3 hurt us, and that was pierce.. when you come out and can win the battle man to man vs the big 3, you put yourself in a great positon to win.. Duhon outplayed rondo, Lee over perkins, AL over their bench and Chandler over GArnett.. that was huge... we didn't shoot the ball well and e won this with defense and timely offense..

Lee: 14/14, what can you say about this guy, he played defense well, he rebounded, played the high post well and got some key hoops. when I keep hearing about him getting traded for guys like bayless and backup PG's it gets under my skin a bit....

Jeffries: got to give it to jeffries. His 7/6 don't tell the whole story. He was great on the double team vs the celtics bigs, he seemed to be everywhere and his defense to start the game on rondo was key...

Big Al: Scored 30 points. simply put, all shot too much but he made his shots. He was hot, shot the ball well 11-23 and actually took the ball to the hoop tonight.. he still has BBT, but his scoring was key tonight.. when al hits his shots and plays within the offense, he is a great contributor off the bench...

Chandler: Great game from the kid.. he didn't force things, made big shots, got big boards, defended really well, he was a force in this game. He outplayed garnett, simple and plain, that rarely happens, and when it does, your chances of winning are so much better... when he plays within 15-20 feet he is such a good and efficient player.. 31/8. great game...

Nate: played up and down, and started displaying BBT, that is why he sat, and it was huge for us late, didn't shoot well, and was not in the game to hurt us...

Celtics defense: their defense in the clutch on Al was so effective, it forced us to go elsewhere with the ball and that was key.. LOL.. In the last 3 minutes, we had good cohesion, ball movement and no forced shots.. with the celtics ball denial, we ended up with a lee dunk, jeffries getting fouled going to the hoop, a jeffries layup off an al harrington assist.. 3 huge posessions in which Al was not allowed to force up shots... So kudos to the celtics defense.. thanks..

Q: geez, do I even need to go there..

Overall, good win, no need to get ahead of ourselves, but maybe we can go out with some confidence and try to win some games. It just shows we can play defense when we put our minds to it and play as a team...

good coaching job by Dantoni..

13-19
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Re: Tkf's keys to the victory! 

Post#2 » by TheBluest » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:48 am

We won because we played D!
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,097

Post#3 » by sol537 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:50 am

how do we dump Q? if only mobley were healthy....
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#4 » by GONYK » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:51 am

Great win. I think it starts and finishes with executing the scouting report on D.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#5 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:51 am

How many of the Lee haters will mention Lee's defense on Garnett tonight?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#6 » by GONYK » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:52 am

Lee played very solid D tonight. That was huge.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#7 » by waya » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:53 am

You forgot the fact that Q shot a healthy 8 % from the field today.

Oh wait..
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#8 » by DocZaius » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:54 am

we won cause of D'Antoni

when was the last time we had an effective game plan?

when was the last time we outcoached Boston?

when was the last time we played D?

its been a long time coming
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,248

Post#9 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:55 am

What's BBT?

I know what it means, but what does it stand for?
Go NY Go NY Go
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#10 » by GuyverADL » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:55 am

TheBluest wrote:We won because we played D!

Green Font?

We played ok D but nothing special.

Harrington is the new Crawford. Play good one game followed by 6 poor games.

Ray Allen was bricking wide open shots.

Im not going to be fooled by this team. We play OKC next and I will be anxious to see this D people talk about.
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#11 » by hobojoe2131 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:56 am

Sorry, but what is BBT?

anyways, I really hope when Gallo comes back he replaces Q. We need one more consistent scorer.
^ MP creation
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#12 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:57 am

optimusADL wrote:

Green Font?

Im not going to be fooled by this team. We play OKC next and I will be anxious to see this D people talk about.

We played great D for ONE game. I don't think we'll be able to keep up this type of defensive performance the rest of the year, but it seems a bit foolhardy to deny we didn't play a good defensive game today.
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#13 » by nykinoz » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:59 am

Sweet win, loved it.
Knicks fan since 1991
-steez-
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by -steez- » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:59 am

optimusADL wrote:

Green Font?

You never fail in being a killjoy.

"Only in the NBA can you make a shot on Monday and have it count on Tuesday."
- Walt "Clyde" Frazier
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#15 » by TheBluest » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:01 am

optimusADL wrote:

Green Font?

Nah the team played D but I'm definitely not thinking the team has been cured nor giving D'Antonio Mcdyess more credit than necessary because just the game before we got owned by Jarret Jack. We did a good job on the interior because we forced the Celtics to become perimeter and although they had some open shots they also had plenty of contested ones. I'm not all emotional over this win hey the Wiz beat Cleveland tonight. We shot 41% and won the game our defense was there.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by TKF » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:02 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:What's BBT?

I know what it means, but what does it stand for?

Basketball tourettes... lee and Al have it.. late in games especially, they have the ball and all of a sudden it just flies out of their hands...
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#17 » by StutterStep » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:02 am

TKF wrote:Jeffries: got to give it to jeffries. His 7/6 don't tell the whole story. He was great on the double team vs the celtics bigs, he seemed to be everywhere and his defense to start the game on rondo was key...
:

Nate: played up and down, and started displaying BBT, that is why he sat, and it was huge for us late, didn't shoot well, and was not in the game to hurt us...
:

Overall, good win, no need to get ahead of ourselves, but maybe we can go out with some confidence and try to win some games. It just shows we can play defense when we put our minds to it and play as a team...

good coaching job by Dantoni..

Great Keys.

Those are the 3 points I want to address:

1) JJeffries -- give him a role. Tell him he's not Magic Johnson and he can impact a game the way (a bit less) Ben Wallace used to do on Detroit.

2) I like what I'm seeing from Nate. His shot has been off and the other night he made a key blunder at the end, but he's clearly looking to do more PG duties.

3) Miked is a helluva COACH! Not only on the switch to Jeffries guarding Rondo, but think about it. He demotes Al to the bench and no squabbles because he tells Al, you can still go NUT and get 30. He sees the team chucking too many 3's, so he modifies the offense to the point where ONLY the P/R is part of the original offense. He did it seamlessly without abandoning the principles, the way IT did with the "QUICK". Lastly, the past few games we've become a clock-managing defensive squad. Against Indy, we didn't do it throughout, but vs. CHA and Boston, we did...and it WORKED!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by TKF » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:03 am

hobojoe2131 wrote:Sorry, but what is BBT?

anyways, I really hope when Gallo comes back he replaces Q. We need one more consistent scorer.

my last thread on Knuckleheads, ADD and Basketball tourettes... BBT = basketball Tourettes..
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,157

Post#19 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:04 am

man Chandler with 12 free throw attempts...i hope he stays aggressive
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#20 » by StutterStep » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:05 am

GONYK wrote:Lee played very solid D tonight. That was huge.

He did and he didn't. The doubles came better when he held his position, but there was a stretch when Perkins then Powe wiped themselves with him. When it happened to Q (vs Pierce), Q got sent to the bench. Since we have no other bigs, Lee got to play through his.

The thing is I personally don't have any agenda against Lee but please don't try to tell me his defense is not a problem.

Return to New York Knicks