ImageImageImageImageImage

DUHON ENDORSES PARGO

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

DUHON ENDORSES PARGO 

Post#1 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Duhon endorses getting Pargo if Knicks get DPE
BY ALAN HAHN | alan.hahn@newsday.com
January 11, 2009

HOUSTON - If the Knicks get word from the NBA this week that they can use a Disabled Player Exception to replace retired guard Cuttino Mobley, one target could be former Hornets guard Jannero Pargo, currently playing in Russia.

"He can really shoot it and score and defend," said Chris Duhon, who played with Pargo with the Bulls from 2004-05 to 2005-06. "He definitely would be a big help."

Duhon and Pargo train together in Chicago during the offseason and could work well off each other in the backcourt. Despite Pargo's point guard size (6-1, 175 pounds), he is known as more of a scorer than a playmaker. Duhon believes Pargo would fit well into Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo, spread offense and also would give the Knicks some needed perimeter defense.

"I think he would do real well," Duhon said. "The court is always spread and he can shoot the ball real well. I think he'd do real well in this system."

Pargo was one of a handful of free agents who opted to sign with European teams rather than take less money to stay in the NBA. He has a one-year, $3.5-million contract with Dynamo Moscow, but the deal has an opt-out for him to return to the NBA.

Pargo averaged 8.6 points in the last two seasons with the Hornets as a key player off the bench behind Chris Paul.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd be okay with Pargo. He can shoot it, give Duhon a rest every now and again, and play along side both Chris and Nate. It's not a long-term solution, but it could help us this year. In fact, I don't know why we don't just cut Chuckerson and bring Pargo over right now.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Re: DUHON ENDORSES PARGO 

Post#2 » by boomann21 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Roberson was also suppose to be very good in this offense. We all see what happened with that.
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by tomgugliottamvp » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:29 pm

boomann21 wrote:Roberson was also suppose to be very good in this offense. We all see what happened with that.

Roberson was like Walsh's Jerome James, except he didn't give him a year $30 million deal. Only Isiah was capable of that genius.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#4 » by boomann21 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 pm

tomgugliottamvp wrote:
boomann21 wrote:Roberson was also suppose to be very good in this offense. We all see what happened with that.

Roberson was like Walsh's Jerome James, except he didn't give him a year $30 million deal. Only Isiah was capable of that genius.

Walsh is making his own list of genius moves.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#5 » by GuyverADL » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Pargo?

Please NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Paeds » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:46 pm

I read No claims that a 12th o 13th man was supposed to be good in this system. We wanted a shooter and we signed a cheap expendible one.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#7 » by j4remi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:08 pm

optimusADL wrote:Pargo?

Please NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Meh, he won't be a disaster. He gives us depth at PG at least so Duhon can breath and Idk how people watched the Hornets in the playoffs and thought Pargo was the problem. He got crazy the last couple of games but he that was because he had been ballin' most of the playoffs before that.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#8 » by NySpartan4 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:13 pm

duhon would endorse pargo because that way he KNOWS for sure that he's not losing his starting job! am i the only one that can see that aspect too? if so, i need to hide the kool-aide :P
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#9 » by KNEMESIS » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:26 pm

NySpartan4 wrote:duhon would endorse pargo because that way he KNOWS for sure that he's not losing his starting job! am i the only one that can see that aspect too? if so, i need to hide the kool-aide :P

Unless we sign Kidd this summer, Duhon will have the starting job at least until 2010. That is, if he doesn't get injured or "collapse in a heap" from all the minutes he's playing. Love him or hate him, Pargo makes sense for the here and now.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?

Return to New York Knicks