ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: New Track from Dr. Dre's "Detox" Leaked *link*

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

OT: New Track from Dr. Dre's "Detox" Leaked *link* 

Post#1 » by OooSplendiforous » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Theres a lot of unfinished/unmastered versions out there but if you look hard enough its there. Reportedly Dre was furious this track was released, and a lot of websites have deleted it because of their respect for Dr. Dre. Normally I'd probably adhere to that also because he is one of the top 3 producers/artists of all time, but I've had enough waiting for this ish. He said this was supposed to come out in '04...well it's '09. Maybe this will light a fire under his ass (no homo) to finally get this album out. *some versions dont have dre's verse on it, because they're unfinished, look for the finished version*

Dr. Dre feat. 50 Cent, R. Kelly, and Slim The Mobster - It Could've Been You
OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: OT: New Track from Dr. Dre's "Detox" Leaked 

Post#2 » by OooSplendiforous » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:03 pm

heres a link with dres protege bishop lamont laying down dres part....i was listening to the actual version with dre on it on youtube but they just fkn removed the audio

http://www.ozonemag.com/2009/01/08/bishop-lamont-feat-50-cent-rkelly-prod-by-dr-dre-it-couldve-been-you
next2spike
Veteran
And1: 34

Re: OT: New Track from Dr. Dre's "Detox" Leaked *link* 

Post#3 » by next2spike » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:22 pm

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8 ... -song-leak

To add to the pressure on Dr. Dre with his highly anticipated album Detox expected to be released this year, earlier this week a track titled, “Could Have Been You” was leaked.

The song was recorded during the Detox sessions and it was believed the song was meant to be on the album. Although Dre’s camp has not commented on the issues but sources state the legendary producer was not pleased with the un-mixed and un-mastered version hitting the net.

“Could Have Been You” featured R. Kelly, 50 Cent [click to read] and Slim the Mobster discussing a troubled unsuccessful relationship with a girl.

On the hook Kelly sings, "The reason why you didn't get picked, 'cause you got your nose up your ass smelling your ****/ But tonight you met your match, 'cause I be smelling my **** too/ Now how you like that?"

50 opens the song chanting “It’s the D, R, E” and goes on to explain his own problems with woman.

Although the song was leaked, due to the quality and the respect for Dre most websites have pulled it or did not post the track altogether. A song called “Crack A Bottle” [click to listen] by 50, Eminem and Dre was also released this week yet it is still unclear if this is a track for Detox or Eminem’s new project Relapse.

No release date has been set for either album but Relapse is expected to be released this spring with Dre’s long awaited album following.

Return to New York Knicks