ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap: More Nash-To-Raps Rumors Surface

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Wiretap: More Nash-To-Raps Rumors Surface 

Post#1 » by KNEMESIS » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:03 pm

More Nash-To-Raps Rumors Surface
Jan 15, 2009 4:45 PM EST

Sam Smith, of Bulls.com and formerly the Chicago Tribune, recently talked about the possibilty of a blockbuster seven-player trade that would sent Steve Nash to Toronto.

In Smith's deal the Suns would trade Nash, Leandro Barbosa and Robin Lopez for Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono and maybe even Jamario Moon as cap filler.

Kyle Odegard of the East Valley Tribune doesn't believe the rumor has much weight, however.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it may be a longshot, it doesn't really seem out of the question. If Nash does go to Toronto, I'd think that would likely increase the chances of Kidd becoming a Knick this summer.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Re: Wiretap: More Nash-To-Raps Rumors Surface 

Post#2 » by Pharmcat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:04 pm

sam smith is garbage
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,392

Post#3 » by Synciere » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm

^^ Not sure how that trade means Kidd to NY is more likely..?

On another note though, Bill Simmons definitely predicted this in his NBA preview this year. Somehow the window for the Suns and Mavs is closing fast and this year looks to be the time to blow both of those operations up... Kinda sad when you think about it..

Oh well, Phoenix's loss is our gain.. They really outsmarted themselves this last year...
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#4 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 pm

wow, that trade actually makes both teams worse. I would love for that to happen. It would insure that both Bosh and Amare are miserable until 2010. Phx is looking good, and now has three starters (Shaq, Amare, J-Rich), who can create their own shot in the half-court without the assistance of Steve Nash. That is what they always needed and haven't had that since Joe Johnson left. They are built to win now, I don't see them doing this trade. As long as they never have to play the spurs they have a real chance of coming out of the west.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#5 » by GuyverADL » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Not bad. I like it. Jose would fit with Porter better.
KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#6 » by KNEMESIS » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Synciere wrote:^^ Not sure how that trade means Kidd to NY is more likely..?

Just speculation... But Nash named the Knicks and Raps as possible destinations once his contract expires. If he goes to Toronto, there's a good chance he'll finish his career there. Kidd mentioned his interest in New York this summer. If Nash goes to Toronto, that could increase the chances of Kidd landing with the Knicks.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#7 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 pm

no he wouldn't. Calderon is the only starting PG in the league that is a worse defender than Nash.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
don't panac
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#8 » by don't panac » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 pm

seems quite lopsided in phoenix's favour.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#9 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:43 pm

why would either team do this?
Ito
General Manager
And1: 775

Post#10 » by Ito » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 pm

that would make phoenix better

they running their offense through Shaq and Amare, they dont really need Nash anymore, they could replace him with any good shooting point guard
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#11 » by Assassin_1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:16 am

Toronto is probably not going to do that, Bargnani is turning into a very rare hybrid all-star big, he just broke a couple of records over his 9 game stretch and is looking better and better everyday. He just dropped 30/10 on the Bulls.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#12 » by TheBluest » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:19 am

KNEMESIS wrote:More Nash-To-Raps Rumors Surface

Sam Smith, of Bulls.com and formerly the Chicago Tribune, recently talked about the possibilty of a blockbuster seven-player trade that would sent Steve Nash to Toronto.

In Smith's deal the Suns would trade Nash, Leandro Barbosa and Robin Lopez for Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono and maybe even Jamario Moon as cap filler.

Kyle Odegard of the East Valley Tribune doesn't believe the rumor has much weight, however.

While it may be a longshot, it doesn't really seem out of the question. If Nash does go to Toronto, I'd think that would likely increase the chances of Kidd becoming a Knick this summer.

Why would you post this here? Seriously! There's a reason Sam Smith is a former writer of the Chicago Tribune.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#13 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 am

The talking clam might have better inside sources then Sam Smith...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#14 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 pm

That is a terrible trade from Sam Smith. He is just lumping names together without concern for fit and feel. But, I do agree that the Suns, due to pay the luxury tax again next season, should move Nash now.

That's why I think New York and Phoenix should try to work something out. My suggestion:

Duhon/Rose

For

Nash

Now, this isn't a huge seven player deal, but then those generally are not that realistic. Here we have a trade that could work for both teams. Nash has publicly stated that he would consider New York as his next destination. Nash has also stated that he misses playing for D'Antoni and that he would love to do it again. His contract is actually non-guaranteed next season, and fully expired in time for 2010. He wouldn't mess with the future dream, while making the present more enjoyable.

Phoenix needs a DEFENSIVE guard (all caps for Sam Smith), and they need to cut salary for next season. Duhon is a guy who can facilitate and defend, and let Amare, Shaq, Richardson, Barbosa, etc. take the shots. With Duhon, the Suns would finally end the transition in styles to the team that Porter and Kerr desire. He would also provide insurance for Goran Dragic, allowing the youngster to progress at his own pace. The expiring contract of Rose should put them under the luxury tax.

This kind of deal would have sounded insane a couple of years ago, but now it's something that I feel would be in the best interests of both teams.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#15 » by Johnny Hoops » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:16 pm

KNEMESIS wrote:More Nash-To-Raps Rumors Surface

That has to be one of the worst trade proposals I've heard in a long time.

The Sun's would send their entire fan base to Toronto to make sure all the Raptor players made it quickly and safely to Phoenix.

Calderon > Nash (at this point in his career)
Bargnani > Lopez
Parker > Barbosa
Kapono > nobody
Moon > nobody

Toronto would get killed in that deal -- KILLED.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#16 » by Gold Chain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Wow.....anyone here want to start making up fake trade rumours for money?

We could quit our jobs and be just like Mr. Smith.

Here I will start.

Knicks get : Candace Parker
WNBA Liberty get : Eddy Curry (He may needs some ....ahem...female attention.)
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,437

Post#17 » by j4remi » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:06 pm

an 8 player trade in the NBA is pretty rare. I don't remember ever seeing one between just two teams. The trade makes almost no sense too. TOR gives up Bargs who has finally begun to play well, Calderon who they jettisoned Ford for and three more players that include possibly their top two perimeter threats. PHX on the other hand sends away their only true creator and future center (Shaq's on his last legs) at a point when they're beginning to play pretty well. I just don't see any logic to the deal.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo

Return to New York Knicks