ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN: 2009 NBA Lottery Mock Draft Simulator

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: ESPN: 2009 NBA Lottery Mock Draft Simulator 

Post#21 » by blueNorange » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm

optimusADL wrote:Hardens lack of athleticism got him exposed.

and jennings' lack of ball iq will make him a sebustian telfail clone.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#22 » by GuyverADL » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:19 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:His athleticism isn't as much of a liability as Jennings' mental retardation. You can't trust a player to memorize plays when they can't get an 800 on the SAT. There is a reason Duhon is so good in this offense when he isn't that great of an athlete (hint, check the school he went to). Dude is smart. You bring an unintelligent PG here and he won't be able to operate in the half-court, just like Jason Kidd can't operate in the half-court because of mental inabilities.

You comparing memorizing plays too passing an exam. :lol:

Crawford went to college and he is still has a low Bball IQ.

Brandon Jennings can be a good point guard in D'Antonio's system. .Obviously if we has a coach that loves half court sets Jennings might not be the best answer.

Ricky Rubio looks good skill wise but athletic NBA defenders are going to give him problems. His defense is likely to be non-existent as well.
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#23 » by Knicksfan1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:20 pm

optimusADL wrote:
RutgersBJJ wrote:His athleticism isn't as much of a liability as Jennings' mental retardation. You can't trust a player to memorize plays when they can't get an 800 on the SAT. There is a reason Duhon is so good in this offense when he isn't that great of an athlete (hint, check the school he went to). Dude is smart. You bring an unintelligent PG here and he won't be able to operate in the half-court, just like Jason Kidd can't operate in the half-court because of mental inabilities.

You comparing memorizing plays too passing an exam. :lol:

Crawford went to college and he is still has a low Bball IQ.

Brandon Jennings can be a good point guard in D'Antonio's system. .Obviously if we has a coach that loves half court sets Jennings might not be the best answer.

Ricky Rubio looks good skill wise but athletic NBA defenders are going to give him problems. His defense is likely to be non-existent as well.

So who would u compare jennings to?
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#24 » by GuyverADL » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:25 pm

blueNorange wrote:
optimusADL wrote:Hardens lack of athleticism got him exposed.

and jennings' lack of ball iq will make him a sebustian telfail clone.

:lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urC2srtn ... re=related

Telfair wishes he had Jennings athleticism.

Jennings is a top 5 draft pick. He has excellent ball handling ability, decent jumper, lefty, and elite athleticism.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#25 » by RutgersBJJ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:25 pm

i'm not saying I wouldn't want Jennings, I'm just saying I don't think he could handle running this offense. If Duhon is here long-term though, it doesn't really matter since Duhon can cover SG's so it doesn't matter if our SG is undersized.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
defjux21
Analyst
And1: 85

Post#26 » by defjux21 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Memorizing plays is only a fraction of a PG's responsibilities.

What about recognizing team player's tendencies on where they like to receive the ball? Or how to properly read defenses and react accordingly? D'Antoni's offense is primarily a read and react offense where ball movement is generated through crafty improvisiation since pre-set plays are easy for the defense to counter. Players not only need a high degree of Bball IQ and court awareness, but also need enough experience within the system to make better judgements for the future.

I honestly wasn't high on Jennings considering his reluctance towards academics, but I think he's coming along rather nicely overseas. However, his PG skills still need a lot of refinement, and thus I don't see him making an immediate impact his rookie season. His development will take time, possibly at least 2 years.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#27 » by GuyverADL » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:34 pm

defjux21 wrote:Memorizing plays is only a fraction of a PG's responsibilities.

What about recognizing team player's tendencies on where they like to receive the ball? Or how to properly read defenses and react accordingly? D'Antoni's offense is primarily a read and react offense where ball movement is generated through crafty improvisiation since pre-set plays are easy for the defense to counter. Players not only need a high IQ, but also need enough experience within the system to make better judgements for the future.

I honestly wasn't high on Jennings considering his reluctance towards academics, but I think he's coming along rather nicely overseas. However, his PG skills still need a lot of refinement, and thus I don't see him making an immediate impact his rookie season. His development will take time, possibly at least 2 years.

Dude the kid is 19 yrs old.

Guys like Chris Paul and Deron Williams didn't come out until they were Juniors.

If Jennings is available you draft him and let him play behind Duhon for a few season if need be.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,129

Post#28 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:50 pm

We arent getting Jennings anyway since we'll be picking after 10. And theres no way those western conference teams get more wins than us so its all about the east. I just dont see us picking any higher than 8th, and thats IF we play terrible the rest of the way. So most likely 10+.

This is why hopefully Gallo gets out there soon and at least gives us some hope of a good player, because if he busts on us and we dont pick a good player this draft, we would be screwed imo.... We need another star play from within before 2010. And its going to need to be Chandler, Gallo, or out pick this year.

Maybe Walsh will swing a deal who knows.

I just hate being mediocre. Even if we make the playoffs I dont see us doing anything against the elite east teams, but I dont see us doing bad enough to get a top pick.

Imagine if we added Grffin, Monroe, Rubio, Harden, or even Curry to this team? Not gonna happen.
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#29 » by Knicksfan1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:58 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:We arent getting Jennings anyway since we'll be picking after 10. And theres no way those western conference teams get more wins than us so its all about the east. I just dont see us picking any higher than 8th, and thats IF we play terrible the rest of the way. So most likely 10+.

This is why hopefully Gallo gets out there soon and at least gives us some hope of a good player, because if he busts on us and we dont pick a good player this draft, we would be screwed imo.... We need another star play from within before 2010. And its going to need to be Chandler, Gallo, or out pick this year.

Maybe Walsh will swing a deal who knows.

I just hate being mediocre. Even if we make the playoffs I dont see us doing anything against the elite east teams, but I dont see us doing bad enough to get a top pick.

Imagine if we added Grffin, Monroe, Rubio, Harden, or even Curry to this team? Not gonna happen.

I like how chandler is starting to hit big shots like that 3 against the wiz and that turnaround in NO. If gallo can be like dirk were set, but its a big if.
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
BklynKING
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#30 » by BklynKING » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 pm

Alot of those players in that mock might not even come out....they had Jrue Holiday, Ricky Rubio and DeRozan. I say we trade the pick to get rid of Curry's fat ass.....cause that seems the only way we can move him.
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#31 » by Ralphie96 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:53 pm

CP came out after his sophmore year not JR year

Return to New York Knicks