ImageImageImageImageImage

2009-01-16 Around the NBA

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: 2009-01-16 Around the NBA 

Post#61 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:39 am

kobe didn't have it in the fourth, they should have went to odom down the stretch because he was killing them in the paint

Not for a 3... maybe for a layup then a quick foul to test the Magic's FT shooting...
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#62 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:43 am

TKF wrote:Bucks.. seriously, bucks are just 1 game better than the knicks in the loss column. they just played like 4 more games than the knicks... the bucks are not at this point a team to even be talking about. No more than the knicks... really... I can see the pistons, since they are a veteran team..

The heat I don't think are deep enough. the sixers could be dangerous as long as someone seperates brand's shoulder again.. LOL..

But the magic seem to be for real...

I know I know...you refuse to believe in the Bucks. You believe in the Sixers more than the Bucks? OK, as long as Brand is out... :D

Heat are still looking to make a trade, so we have to wait.

The Magic are for real. They will win about 56 games and start to remind folks of the Mavericks against GSW, or Toronto vs NJ... That type of free flowing offense looks great in the regular season but unless you're top notch in more than just one position a solid team can come in and test you. To me they only win ONE position night in / night out... after that, I'm still questioning them.

Hey, TheBluest, how about them Hawks? :lol:
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#63 » by TheBluest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:43 am

TKF wrote:
StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:
they are 32-and have the best road record in the NBA... I doubt they will be a first round exit playing a lower seed. they are good. van gundy is doing a good job with them.... I can't believe they are this good.. 32-8

I don't know man... if Orlando faces Pistons, Heat or Bucks in the first round...things could get ugly.

Bucks.. seriously, bucks are just 1 game better than the knicks in the loss column. they just played like 4 more games than the knicks... the bucks are not at this point a team to even be talking about. No more than the knicks... really... I can see the pistons, since they are a veteran team..

The heat I don't think are deep enough. the sixers could be dangerous as long as someone seperates brand's shoulder again.. LOL..

But the magic seem to be for real...

I think the Bucks are Bammer but they should be judged off how they have played with Redd back. They are better.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#64 » by TheBluest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:49 am

Stutter the Hawks have been losing but they are still a 4rth seed. Joe Johnson look at his production this month and that tells you all you need to know along with Horford being out the past 4gms.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#65 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:53 am

TheBluest wrote:Stutter the Hawks have been losing but they are still a 4rth seed. Joe Johnson look at his production this month and that tells you all you need to know along with Horford being out the past 4gms.

The EAST is so bad right now that me and my 35/over squad could make the playoffs.

Hawks are going to make the playoffs but not at the clip they showed early in the season.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#66 » by TheBluest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:00 am

StutterStep wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Stutter the Hawks have been losing but they are still a 4rth seed. Joe Johnson look at his production this month and that tells you all you need to know along with Horford being out the past 4gms.

The EAST is so bad right now that me and my 35/over squad could make the playoffs.

Hawks are going to make the playoffs but not at the clip they showed early in the season.

They're way ahead of last yrs pace. The East has an overall better record against the West head-to-head play. The problem is the East is so bad playing each other.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#67 » by StutterStep » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:02 am

TheBluest wrote:
StutterStep wrote:

They're way ahead of last yrs pace. The East has an overall better record against the West head-to-head play. The problem is the East is so bad playing each other.

Very true... The EAST has 3 top teams, the Hawks, and 9 more in close to each other.

The West has 3 top teams, and 6 teams better than the Hawks, etc...and 6 teams headed to the lottery since December 1 (the bottom feeders).

Tonight the Hawks lost to a Western bottom feeder, so did the Pistons!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#68 » by TKF » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:00 pm

StutterStep wrote:

The EAST is so bad right now that me and my 35/over squad could make the playoffs.Hawks are going to make the playoffs but not at the clip they showed early in the season.

:lol: , I know some 35 year and over guys here in georgia that can still play very, very well... LOL..

I used to see John Battle a lot(former NBA player), he lived around the corner from me, he is married to regina bell the singer. that guy has to be in his 40's and he looked in primo shape last time I saw him.. LOL...

Return to New York Knicks