ImageImageImageImageImage

Lee doesn't take enough shots.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Lee doesn't take enough shots. 

Post#1 » by cmaff051 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:59 am

Only 8 today. Only 6 yesterday.

Meanwhile, the bricklayer Nate Robinson took 10 shots today in 15 less minutes.

Lee's game has evolved enough to where he can be a central part of our offense.

I'm tired of Q getting shots that Lee should get.
thefuriousfive
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: Lee doesn't take enough shots. 

Post#2 » by thefuriousfive » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:01 am

Most of Lee's shots come early when Jefferies is in and Nate/Al on the bench. But once the ball hog duo come in, he doesn't get too many touches.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#3 » by Smoke24 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:02 am

When Nate gets traded and Al is firmly on the bench, we'll see Lee with alot of 20/10 games.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#4 » by cmaff051 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:09 am

Lee was scoring at will in the first half whenever he touched the ball. Al and Nate need to back off. It is too bad that we have no depth. Or else Mike could threaten their playing time.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#5 » by TKF » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:16 am

Smoke24 wrote:When Nate gets traded and Al is firmly on the bench, we'll see Lee with alot of 20/10 games.

lee is good finishing and making a quick move to the basket. That requires ball movement and patience. with No sharrington and nate chucking up shots, that is going to be hard for him..
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User

Post#6 » by tomgugliottamvp » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 am

I'm guessing you're one of those who thinks Lee is an all star now? Lee has no post game and no creativity to be a central part of the offense. Therefore some nights he will shoot more when he's open underneath the basket and other nights he will shoot less.

As for Nate, that dude is a mini Crawford. Of course I knew this long, long ago. From the time he tried to bounce a ball to himself for a dunk on a fast break in preseason in his rookie year(and missed badly), I knew this kid was very erratic.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#7 » by DocZaius » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 am

i agree that Lee gets no touches when Chuckington and Chuckinson are out there

i especially cant stand it when they are on the floor together, theres absolutely no ball movement

we need to move one or the other
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#8 » by cmaff051 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:26 am

tomgugliottamvp wrote:I'm guessing you're one of those who thinks Lee is an all star now? Lee has no post game and no creativity to be a central part of the offense.

I don't think you've watched Lee that much this year, because what you just said is completely wrong. Lee does have a post game and he certainly does have enough creativity to be the central part of our offense. He is great at the pick and roll, his jumper is money, his back to the basket game is getting better, and he is one of the best in the NBA at facing up and driving. He is certainly a better option than Al Harrington getting shots.
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User

Post#9 » by tomgugliottamvp » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:32 am

cmaff051 wrote:
tomgugliottamvp wrote:I'm guessing you're one of those who thinks Lee is an all star now? Lee has no post game and no creativity to be a central part of the offense.

I don't think you've watched Lee that much this year, because what you just said is completely wrong. Lee does have a post game and he certainly does have enough creativity to be the central part of our offense. He is great at the pick and roll, his jumper is money, his back to the basket game is getting better, and he is one of the best in the NBA at facing up and driving. He is certainly a better option than Al Harrington getting shots.

I've been watching and I see no semblance of a post game from Lee. Lee is not a "drop it down low and he will score" guy. I have not seen this creativity you speak of. He doesn't possess the power or amazing finesse to be a force at foward on the offensive end. He's not a go-to guy in any sense of the word. He's a great rebounder, an average offensive player and a poor defender. That makes a good role player. A role player fills his role on the team. That doesn't mean Lee sucks. Lee's role is to rebound, throw outlet passes and hustle. He plays his role very well but to make him out to be something he's not is wrong. He's not an all star, he's not a go to guy and he's not an offensive force.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by TKF » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:42 am

tomgugliottamvp wrote:I'm guessing you're one of those who thinks Lee is an all star now? Lee has no post game and no creativity to be a central part of the offense. Therefore some nights he will shoot more when he's open underneath the basket and other nights he will shoot less.

As for Nate, that dude is a mini Crawford. Of course I knew this long, long ago. From the time he tried to bounce a ball to himself for a dunk on a fast break in preseason in his rookie year(and missed badly), I knew this kid was very erratic.

yea, lee is playing like an All star.. by that comment, I don't think you understand the meaning of ALl star... but what you went on to repeat is part of the problem we are talking about.. there shoul dbe no nights where lee gets only 6 shots. If the ball is moved and guys are not forcing shots, he can get his touches every night in a good position to shoot. He shoots almost 60% per game. and it is not all on dishes for dunks. He needs to get the ball more, but not just dumped down to him, this team and I mean a few players needs to commit to playing the right way....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by TKF » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:45 am

I've been watching and I see no semblance of a post game from Lee. Lee is not a "drop it down low and he will score" guy. I have not seen this creativity you speak of. He doesn't possess the power or amazing finesse to be a force at foward on the offensive end. He's not a go-to guy in any sense of the word. He's a great rebounder, an average offensive player and a poor defender. That makes a good role player. A role player fills his role on the team. That doesn't mean Lee sucks. Lee's role is to rebound, throw outlet passes and hustle. He plays his role very well but to make him out to be something he's not is wrong. He's not an all star, he's not a go to guy and he's not an offensive force.

and neither is dwight howard, and I can tell you the kid is still a stud and a Allstar. You don't have to be a dump the ball in the post type player to be good as a big man. Lee can pass, has developed a shot, can handle, and finish around the rim equally well with both hands and he plays above the rim. He is an elite level rebounder and an efficient player overall... you are trying to marginalize him down to a glorified hustle player and I am sorry, his game has elevated above that. Hustle players who are bigs, usually don't pass or finish as well as lee..
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#12 » by cmaff051 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:50 am

tomgugliottamvp wrote:
cmaff051 wrote:

I've been watching and I see no semblance of a post game from Lee. Lee is not a "drop it down low and he will score" guy.

He is no Tim Duncan, but you apparently don't watch him very much if you think he has no post game. It is improving, and he can most definitely post up and score, especially against small defenders.

I have not seen this creativity you speak of. He doesn't possess the power or amazing finesse to be a force at foward on the offensive end.

What do you want him to do? Bounce the ball on his head?

He's not a go-to guy in any sense of the word.

He's shooting 57% this year. A guy who is shooting that high of a percentage should be a go-to guy. Especially when that 57% is not just putbacks.

He's a great rebounder, an average offensive player and a poor defender. That makes a good role player. A role player fills his role on the team.

In the absence of a true star player, a player with a work ethic, a willingness to improve and a well-developed game can be molded into a go-to player. There is nothing that prevents Lee from becoming a go-to player. He is the Knicks best option to score at a high percentage.

That doesn't mean Lee sucks. Lee's role is to rebound, throw outlet passes and hustle.

You are talking about the 2006-2008 Lee. His role, given his ever expanding game, should be much more than that. Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to your team.
dunleavyjr
General Manager
And1: 54

Post#13 » by dunleavyjr » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:44 am

Lee is not a guy who's good at creating his own shots. He is more of a Biedrin type of player: hustle, rebound, junk yard dog.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#14 » by duetta » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:54 am

He's shown moves this year - moves he didn't have two years ago. But he doesn't force shots. He really has demonstrated himself IDEAL for this system. He runs D'Antoni's offense, and distributes the ball. He's constantly setting one pick after another. But aside from Duhon and sometimes Q-Rich, his teammates mostly ignore him. No wonder he was shocked when Gallo threw him that behind the back pass under the basket!

Return to New York Knicks