ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA 2/3

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Around the NBA 2/3 

Post#1 » by TKF » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:31 am

some good games going.. Boston and philly.. Ray ties the game with a three and iguodala throws up some trash two point shot that rattles in.. boston has the ball with 6 seconds left...

Wolves also win again....

Cleveland winners as well over toronto...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Around the NBA 2/3 

Post#2 » by TKF » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:34 am

WOW!! what execution by boston. ray gets the ball, passes to pierce, ray runs to corner, pierce baits the defense, finds ray open.. Game over..

Ray is a stone cold assasin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ska
Senior
And1: 2

Post#3 » by ska » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:37 am

Cavs look bad. And LBJ was on the court for 40 minutes.
We will win tomorrow!
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,375

Post#4 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:38 am

I saw that play coming from a mile away, the Sixers should have too. Great execution, clutch shots from Ray, good audition tonight for Nelson's spot.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#5 » by livintoolive » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:39 am

TKF wrote:WOW!! what execution by boston. ray gets the ball, passes to pierce, ray runs to corner, pierce baits the defense, finds ray open.. Game over..

God! Watching that play is like slow motion, you know it's going to Ray Allen!
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by TKF » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:42 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:I saw that play coming from a mile away, the Sixers should have too. Great execution, clutch shots from Ray, good audition tonight for Nelson's spot.

what I never understand is why send so many guys at pierce.. pierce came within the three point line.. the worst that could happen is a tie game and OT....

the sixers overreacted to pierce and let ray go wide open.. You can't lose ray.. You just can't!!!

I hate boston but I hate the sixers even more.. I wonder if miller and iggy are going to do anymore stupid interviews and laugh at how they got suckered into that play...... :lol:

Ray allen is a classy guy, the only celtic I can stomach...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by TKF » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:44 am

livintoolive wrote:
TKF wrote:WOW!! what execution by boston. ray gets the ball, passes to pierce, ray runs to corner, pierce baits the defense, finds ray open.. Game over..

they overreacted to pierce.. and let ray go wide open.. Yea, we saw that comming.. too bad iggy was still celebrating his lucky fling the play before to notice he was getting the old bannana in the tail pipe trick pulled on him... :lol:
!nstinct
Starter
And1: 0

Post#8 » by !nstinct » Wed Feb 4, 2009 3:22 am

No disrespect to E. Brand, ever since he got back, Philly is just terrible. They blow up big leads and just playing terrible. I wanted them to beat Celtics too, freaking rookies - lol.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,375

Post#9 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:02 am

Brook Lopez with another big game, hard to believe that some people on here think Jordan is better than he is.

The Spurs rested their big 3 tonight, more teams (ie: PHO, BOS) need to start doing this, very smart.
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#10 » by nyk2423 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:03 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:Brook Lopez with another big game, hard to believe that some people on here think Jordan is better than he is.

The Spurs rested their big 3 tonight, more teams (ie: PHO, BOS) need to start doing this, very smart.

NO, its not cool when you are in the fantasy playoffs race and you have Manu and Jrich
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by TKF » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:07 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:Brook Lopez with another big game, hard to believe that some people on here think Jordan is better than he is.

I am not a fan of brook lopez, but he is better than jordan, hands down...Jordan dunks hard, therefore he has potential.. :roll: that seems to be the thinking.. some forget about skill which, lopez has skill. I just don't like his overall game for what we are trying to do... I asked a question last week.. what makes oden a better prospect than lopez? I am not sure he is at all...
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#12 » by emo » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:07 am

^I luv this man.
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
slamvangundy
Starter

Post#13 » by slamvangundy » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:23 am

Chris Bosh is so overrated. Tonight against the Cavs he came down with 3 REBOUNDS. That's just Eddy Curry pathetic.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#14 » by Jstarks3 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:23 am

jefferson's doing amazing for me in both my super competitive leagues.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
slamvangundy
Starter

Post#15 » by slamvangundy » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:25 am

slamvangundy wrote:Chris Bosh is so overrated. Tonight against the Cavs he came down with 3 REBOUNDS. That's just Eddy Curry pathetic.

Despite all the hype I still maintain that Andrea Bargnani is TRASH. The whole Raptors front court is so overrated it's just absurd. And don't get me started on Jermaine O'Neil.
slamvangundy
Starter

Post#16 » by slamvangundy » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:29 am

TKF wrote:
livintoolive wrote:

they overreacted to pierce.. and let ray go wide open.. Yea, we saw that comming.. too bad iggy was still celebrating his lucky fling the play before to notice he was getting the old bannana in the tail pipe trick pulled on him... :lol:

I saw that game. Hate them for being a bunch of knuckleheads or love them for their intensity, Boston is straight up lethal in their execution. Most teams would have had a guard go one on one for a likely failed play, but boston just executed their. Ray Allen is an underrappreciated talent in this league. If Lee doesn't make the allstar game, I really hope Ray does.
Jstarks3
General Manager

Post#17 » by Jstarks3 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:32 am

i agree, raptors are crap.

but honestly, id rather have wade and lebron than lebron and bosh.

id rather have the 09 draft pick (PF/C), wade, lebron than the 09 draft pick (PG/SG), bosh, lebron.

then again, i guess it depends where we fall and who is BPA.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
Jstarks3
General Manager

Post#18 » by Jstarks3 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:33 am

and yes, i know thats a completely different topic.
by IllmaticHandler

slamvangundy
Starter

Post#19 » by slamvangundy » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:54 am

Jstarks3 wrote:i agree, raptors are crap.

but honestly, id rather have wade and lebron than lebron and bosh.

id rather have the 09 draft pick (PF/C), wade, lebron than the 09 draft pick (PG/SG), bosh, lebron.

then again, i guess it depends where we fall and who is BPA.

If somehow we could match Wade and Lebron up with Lee and Duhon I would be thrilled. Add a cheap defensive center to the mix and we'd be unstoppable. Would never happen but that would be sweet!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by TKF » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:55 am

vince had a tripple double.. nice going VC..

Return to New York Knicks