ImageImageImageImageImage

MSG doesn't even show our own team in their ads?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

MSG doesn't even show our own team in their ads? 

Post#1 » by makeitstop » Wed Feb 4, 2009 6:30 am

Anybody see the MSG promo for the Cavs and Celts games?

For the Wednesday game - a shot of LeBron. No Knicks.

For the Friday game - a shot of KG, Pierce and Rondo. No Knicks.

And people are wondering why the crowd was chanting 'MVP' for Kobe? The freakin' Garden can't even see their way clear to put shots of our players in their promos. SMFH.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,619

Re: MSG doesn't even show our own team in their ads? 

Post#2 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed Feb 4, 2009 11:56 am

MSG needs to hire Knick fans who truly love the team to make the ads and all that. But what do you expect? Our owner isn't even a true Knicks fan. He's all about the money.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#3 » by magnumt » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:27 pm

You're joking right? This week has 3 top Teams full of superstars in the NBA coming to the Garden. Nearly ALL of the Ads that have been promoting us have Lee, Gallo, and I believe Duhon (it could be Nate but I don't fully remember right now), being advertised against these guys.

Everyone in NY already knows their own Knicks. You attract people by also featuring the matchup.

Some of you need a clue in how advertising works, and how you sell a product...instead of constantly looking for something to bitch about.

No wonder Free Agents (the top ones included), are still hesitant to join the Knicks, because its "fans" like you who would Boo a Bosh, Wade, or Lebron if they had a bad game on the Knicks. :nonono:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#4 » by makeitstop » Wed Feb 4, 2009 3:50 pm

magnumt wrote:You're joking right? This week has 3 top Teams full of superstars in the NBA coming to the Garden. Nearly ALL of the Ads that have been promoting us have Lee, Gallo, and I believe Duhon (it could be Nate but I don't fully remember right now), being advertised against these guys.

Not the ones I saw during the Rangers game last night. I guess you missed those.

magnumt wrote:Everyone in NY already knows their own Knicks. You attract people by also featuring the matchup.

Okay, so advertise the matchup. Put a couple of our guys in the damn ad.

magnumt wrote:Some of you need a clue in how advertising works, and how you sell a product...instead of constantly looking for something to bitch about.

I've been doing advertising and marketing for nearly 20 years now, so I think I've gotten a clue by now or else I'd be out of work, thanks.

magnumt wrote:No wonder Free Agents (the top ones included), are still hesitant to join the Knicks, because its "fans" like you who would Boo a Bosh, Wade, or Lebron if they had a bad game on the Knicks. :nonono:

That's a ridiculous statement, with all due respect. I think the fact that those players' free agency is two years away might have a little more to do with them being hesitant to say they'd come here than what gets said on RGM.

I was just pointing out an MSG ad that bothered me, because it featured zero Knicks (turn on MSG today and watch for it, since it's obvious you didn't see it). Sorry it bothered you so much.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#5 » by StutterStep » Wed Feb 4, 2009 3:59 pm

Good posts, makeitstop!
blackbishop
Rookie
And1: 85

Post#6 » by blackbishop » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:42 pm

magnumt wrote:You're joking right? This week has 3 top Teams full of superstars in the NBA coming to the Garden. Nearly ALL of the Ads that have been promoting us have Lee, Gallo, and I believe Duhon (it could be Nate but I don't fully remember right now), being advertised against these guys.

Everyone in NY already knows their own Knicks. You attract people by also featuring the matchup.

Some of you need a clue in how advertising works, and how you sell a product...instead of constantly looking for something to bitch about.

No wonder Free Agents (the top ones included), are still hesitant to join the Knicks, because its "fans" like you who would Boo a Bosh, Wade, or Lebron if they had a bad game on the Knicks. :nonono:

The problem is not that people would boo those superstars on the knicks it is that because of the marketing people in the garden are chanting MVP for the opposing team players.

I have watched sports for a long long time and what is happening at the garden is disgusting and embarassing. It is one thing to give a standing O to a player AFTER YOU SPENT ALL GAME HACKLING HIM AND HIS TEAM for having an amazing game. It is another when the whole crowd was basically cheering for KOBE not not for the knicks. The few knicks fans in the garden could not even drown out the kobe/laker fans and the reason for that is the type of marketing the knicks employed.

Marketing that says come see the lakers, celtics, cavaliers and not markerting that says come watch your knicks BEAT the lakers, celtics, cavaliers.

It is that type of marketing that is leading to garden crowds who are just there to see the other team.

And that is disgusting to me as a knicks fan.

Return to New York Knicks