ImageImageImageImageImage

TKf's keys to the loss

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Ito
General Manager
And1: 790

Re: TKf's keys to the loss 

Post#81 » by Ito » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:24 am

that miss pick and roll opportunity was huge but it didn't cost us the game..

all that was going to do was probably set up James for the game winning shot at the buzzer :roll:

we lost against the Lakers and Cavs.. or should I say Kobe, and Lebron.. because of all the hype they put into this so called dream week..
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#82 » by StutterStep » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:41 am

TKF wrote:
As far as the FT attempts goes, bernard was just a better shot maker than lebron, but look at this. in the year before bernard got hurt, he averaged 26ppg, he made 795 field goals on just under 1400 attempts, 1397 to be exact.... he hat 561 Free throw attempts..

Lebron so far this year has 427 through 47 games!!!! the most field goals lebron has made in his career is 875 it took him 1823 attempts to do that.... that year 2005-2006 lebron averaged 31ppg, and of course he did, he attempted 814 FT's and he will eclipse that this year I bet...

I want to subscribe to your newsletter, but you gotta admit NYK1714 does bring out the best in you... but the worst in me. I prefer my battles with TheBluest, Brad or JSTD the most!
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#83 » by StutterStep » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:43 am

madvillian wrote:I only caught the last 18 or so minutes. Lebron was basically waiting for the double then just kicking it to one of Clevelands scrubs that can do nothing but score 4 on 3. It's seriously Lebron and a ton of stiffs. I don't think Cleveland can beat the Celtics in the playoffs, let alone the Lakers or Spurs.

The funniest thing is listening to the Cavs bytch about not having another All-Star. Who, MO Williams? If Z hadn't been injured and was beasting, yeah...but let's be real!
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#84 » by TKF » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:53 am

StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:
As far as the FT attempts goes, bernard was just a better shot maker than lebron, but look at this. in the year before bernard got hurt, he averaged 26ppg, he made 795 field goals on just under 1400 attempts, 1397 to be exact.... he hat 561 Free throw attempts..

Lebron so far this year has 427 through 47 games!!!! the most field goals lebron has made in his career is 875 it took him 1823 attempts to do that.... that year 2005-2006 lebron averaged 31ppg, and of course he did, he attempted 814 FT's and he will eclipse that this year I bet...

I want to subscribe to your newsletter, but you gotta admit NYK1714 does bring out the best in you... but the worst in me. I prefer my battles with TheBluest, Brad or JSTD the most!

sometimes he brings out the worst, because I usually don't have time for his baiting antics. but when he wants to talk ball, I am always ready for that. he brought out a somewhat valid point about bernards FT attempts, but I had to address that , it was misleading if you don't look further.. As I said, if anyone wants to talk ball I am up for it.... :D

BTW: my newsletter will be comming to newstands near you... :lol:
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#85 » by StutterStep » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:59 am

TKF wrote:sometimes he brings out the worst, because I usually don't have time for his baiting antics. but when he wants to talk ball, I am always ready for that. he brought out a somewhat valid point about bernards FT attempts, but I had to address that , it was misleading if you don't look further.. As I said, if anyone wants to talk ball I am up for it.... :D

One of the few times he did talk ball with me, he said Nash was an All-Time Top 10 PG. I rattled off 11 for him before heading to dinner. He tried to debate Mark Price, Calvin Murphy and a few others.

I come back later and MooCow added a bunch that I forgot, like Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, etc... NYK1714 started talking in circles trying to qualify it to the narrowest level. I think you then jumped in and recounted a Mark Price sighting in Atlanta, etc...

That was a good discussion.... I also remember he and FimSlim trying to get at me when I compared Zach/Bosh as being more equal than most think.... Now look at Bosh, Brand, etc...this year!

Anyway...I'm off! Long day tomorrow!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#86 » by j4remi » Thu Feb 5, 2009 8:45 am

TheBluest wrote:Watched a qrt and a half of this game and as Kobe's Stunt Double Lebron was tricking on us, MSG fans were wanting more. There are myriads of fans that need to be gooned at MSG.

Co-sign man, I don't have a problem with cheering a great performance. I do take issue with cheers from first basket to last and when a player makes 20 FT's to score 50...I have a problem with cheering. I would applaud a guy making a myriad of tough baskets like Jordan used too...but not easy buckets and FT's. Many fans need an asskicking and understanding of how things used to be.

TheBluest wrote:Look for all the Lebron traveling and what not we know the league overall encourages traveling. Ginobli travels, Wade travels, Steve Nash travels, Chris Paul travels, Tony Parker travels, Jamal traveled you could go on and on and on.

The problem was not handling what these players were/are doing, since they came into the league. There are so many blatant violations such as players being allowed to carry and push a basketball to split a double team, I see carries almost every game because this is done several times during games. They still allow flopping, offensive players to camp out in the lane etc etc etc. Lebron has about 1 -2 valid travels every game and it's been this way since 03' practically. The refs I think might tighten up on him next yr but you know what if we had Balkman tonight maybe we aren't talking about Bron's traveling and 52pt triple double night.

I have no problem with complaining about today's refs or the blatant travels...I'm assuming sarcasm on that Balkman line though because...Balkman on Bron...same result.

TheBluest wrote:D'Antonio Davis looked defeated tonight way before Tip-Off, this dude has some major coaching flaws and I mean major.

I will disagree vehemently here. He made some bad decisions, but changing up his plan doesn't amount to looking defeated. He tried some different things tonight, but considering the blowouts from every other game...I don't see any reason to question new looks.

TheBluest wrote:Also anytime NO SHARRINGTON takes over 20FGA in a game we're asking LOSS out on a date. We're 4-8 when he takes over 20FGA/gm. I don't care what his conversion is or how hard it appears he's playing because he isn't the kind of player that can make it work for the TEAM but maybe far and few in between can make it work for himself. The league should pay Don Nelson an extra Pension Bonus just for sizing this BUM up to a T.

Not buying these numbers. Al was 16/24 with 13 boards last night. I'll take 20+ FGA's from a player who makes 16 any day (assuming he stays below 30), especially with 13 boards. Al is not a 20+ kind of guy, but to make it sound like he had anything to do with the loss tonight is just wrong. He's the whole reason this game was close. Al played a GREAT game, he wasn't without mistakes, but 16/24 speaks for itself. Tonight, the 20+ was warranted. Against 90% of teams though, if he goes off for 39 on just 24 attempts we win. That might be few and far between, but even bringing it up tonight is just off. Bringing up the record when he shoots 20+ is off too, how many of those did he shoot over 50%? How many did he shoot better then the percentage he shot for tonight? Then those numbers don't really fit.

TheBluest wrote:Pause....(NOT ADDRESSED TO MSG FANS).....But are you guys interested in backing into the 8th seed to watch Lebron set records in the Garden while MSG fans Diefy him. Seriously is this what you want to see for 4 straight losses?

I wouldn't be down with getting swept while fans cheer Lebron...but that's probably not how it'll happen so why bother? First of all, we're not backing into it. We'll have to win games to make the 8th seed. Backing into it implies being ahead then falling back into the slot right? Second, Bron probably will be the second seed behind the C's (12 game streak or 13?). If fans deify KG or Pierce, I'll stop being a fan. Over four games, I doubt fans deify anyone either way. I think fans are seeing the regular season as a joke since we haven't had a meaningful regular season in so long. I don't agree with cheering stars for opponents, but I don't see it happening in the postseason either. I also think this team is good enough to take one in every 4 games...so I don't picture a sweep.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
lupo
Junior
And1: 0

Post#87 » by lupo » Thu Feb 5, 2009 9:41 am

2 sharp comments:

i don't like AL, at all. he shoots, shoots and then shoots... in the entire game i think i saw him pass the ball no more than 5 times.. A player like this can be ok in a lottery team, if you want to become a legit contender he has to be shipped away fast.

gallo today was ok. also in Milano one of the best things of him that i noticed is that he mentally stays in the game even if he doesn't get touches. today he was in a good shape and he should have recieved the ball a little more, but i definitely see him like the type of player that can be useful even if he has a bad offensive night. in these 8 games he has +/- of 83...
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#88 » by duetta » Thu Feb 5, 2009 11:49 am

Agree about how Lebron was treated with kid gloves by the refs. That said, this is standard behavior in the NBA. The refs always do this. Stern has transformed the NBA game from an intense athletic competition, where guys were allowed to do what was necessary to win, into a form of celebrity-based entertainment.

All he cares about is marketing.
suburban knick
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#89 » by suburban knick » Thu Feb 5, 2009 12:23 pm

I think that this game showed how much this current Knicks squad needs Duhon. As soon as I heard that he was playing with the flu, I knew it was going to be a bad game. His game was totally off-no pick and roll, bad passes, no shot. As a result, we could not put ourselves over the top.

But while many are disgusted with this team for the results of this game. I'll take a moral victory. This isn't Ewing's missed finger roll or Smith's 12 missed put backs. This is the 2008-2009 Knicks and I am very pleased at the way this team has turned it around. We can get on the court with the top teams in this league and play competitive ball.

Many said that we could not be competitive AND get under the cap. I was ready to write off this and next season as the necessary correction to the total mismanagement of the last 2 GM's (and uncountable number of coaches). This season has been a very pleasant surprise.

But damn those refs! I think they were auditioning for next year's Superbowl gig because Lebron is better at running the ball than James Harrison.
ska
Senior
And1: 2

Post#90 » by ska » Thu Feb 5, 2009 1:01 pm

TKF wrote:
optimusADL wrote:Dudes are seriously hating on Lebron?

Lets not fool ourselves 2010 is about Lebron. I dont think for a second anyone is going to be complaining about questionable fouls ifs he rocking that blue and orange.

honestly, I hope he stays in cleveland and never wins a thing...

+1
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by TKF » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:59 pm

StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:sometimes he brings out the worst, because I usually don't have time for his baiting antics. but when he wants to talk ball, I am always ready for that. he brought out a somewhat valid point about bernards FT attempts, but I had to address that , it was misleading if you don't look further.. As I said, if anyone wants to talk ball I am up for it.... :D

One of the few times he did talk ball with me, he said Nash was an All-Time Top 10 PG. I rattled off 11 for him before heading to dinner. He tried to debate Mark Price, Calvin Murphy and a few others.

I come back later and MooCow added a bunch that I forgot, like Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, etc... NYK1714 started talking in circles trying to qualify it to the narrowest level. I think you then jumped in and recounted a Mark Price sighting in Atlanta, etc...

That was a good discussion.... I also remember he and FimSlim trying to get at me when I compared Zach/Bosh as being more equal than most think.... Now look at Bosh, Brand, etc...this year!

Anyway...I'm off! Long day tomorrow!

I remember that bosh/ zach convo, and I was on the side that zach is as talented a player. Not a better team player, but just as talented. and he is, people made it seem as if we were comparing chris dudley to shaq.... it is that kind of overreaction that makes these conversations unbearable sometimes....

As far as nash goes, I am a huge nash fan, but as you said, there are quite a few better, but you could have an argument that nash is a top 10 pg, but the lower half...if you left him out of the top 10, you could argue that as well.. I met mark price this summer at my sons friends basketball game. Mark price son was playing.. My son asked me was mark price good... LOL.. I told him to youtube him when he got home... needless to say I was picking my son's bottom lip up off the computer desk... :lol: price was nasty..
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#92 » by TheBluest » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:02 pm

j4remi wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Also anytime NO SHARRINGTON takes over 20FGA in a game we're asking LOSS out on a date. We're 4-8 when he takes over 20FGA/gm. I don't care what his conversion is or how hard it appears he's playing because he isn't the kind of player that can make it work for the TEAM but maybe far and few in between can make it work for himself. The league should pay Don Nelson an extra Pension Bonus just for sizing this BUM up to a T.

Not buying these numbers. Al was 16/24 with 13 boards last night. I'll take 20+ FGA's from a player who makes 16 any day (assuming he stays below 30), especially with 13 boards. Al is not a 20+ kind of guy, but to make it sound like he had anything to do with the loss tonight is just wrong. He's the whole reason this game was close. Al played a GREAT game, he wasn't without mistakes, but 16/24 speaks for itself. Tonight, the 20+ was warranted. Against 90% of teams though, if he goes off for 39 on just 24 attempts we win. That might be few and far between, but even bringing it up tonight is just off. Bringing up the record when he shoots 20+ is off too, how many of those did he shoot over 50%? How many did he shoot better then the percentage he shot for tonight? Then those numbers don't really fit.

I never said he was the reason we lost I'm saying allowing him to play this way because his play isn't team oriented is a formula for a loss. Al's problem obviously starts with who he is but our coach hasn't looked at his style of play good enough to understand letting Al be Al is not a good thing.

I'm going to break this down for you so you can see how ridiculous your logic on NO SHARRINGTON is and I'll keep it fairly simple.

We're 4-8 when he shoots 20FGA or more what don't you understand about this stat?

Of the 12 gms NO SHARRINGTON has shot 20 FGA's or more the overall total comes to 273FGA=22.5FGA/gm. Great FG% during those stretch of games 50% being close to precise. Now one would say maybe we should give him the ball more he shoots a crazy % highly efficient. Well let's look a key stats that shows what he's truly doing.

Out of a total 273FGA he has get this..... HE HAS A WHOPPING TOTAL OF 14 AST.

That's basically 1AST for every 20FGA he takes. In 4 of those games he managed to produce 0AST. Digest this staggering stat for a moment here. Take a long hard look at this and let it sink in.

He has a SELF MAINTAINED or CONTAINED game however you want to look at it performance wise when he's allowed to shoot to his hearts desire.

Just to let you know how ATROCIOUS this truly is Lebron took 33FGA yesterday and got 12AST.

Al is garbage plain and simple, he's only into himself. He goes balls to the walls for himself and plays with a false sense of fire. Isn't it interesting to note that in these 12stretch of games in which he shot 50% when you look at his overall shooting % for a Power Forward or even Small Forward his average comes to 42%. Here lies another problem the selfishness or I'm a SUPERSTAR metality carries over to several games afterwards and his shooting % takes dives.. He thinks he's larger than life. This goes to show this guy is a Quintessential.... Gunner, Ball Hogging, Stingy, Selfish, No Sharring, player and nothing more. I love the fact he's giving us his mediocre 6.3reb/gm too.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by TKF » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:26 pm

TheBluest wrote:
j4remi wrote:

I never said he was the reason we lost I'm saying allowing him to play this way because he play isn't team oriented is a formula for a loss. Al's problem obviously starts with who he is but our coach hasn't looked at his style of play good enough to understand letting Al be Al is not a good thing.

I'm going to break this down for you so you can see how ridiculous your logic on NO SHARRINGTON is and I'll keep it fairly simple.

We're 4-8 when he shoots 20FGA or more what don't you understand about this stat?

Of the 12 gms NO SHARRINGTON has shot 20 FGA's or more the overall total comes to 273FGA=22.5FGA/gm. Great FG% during those stretch of games 50% being close to precise. Now one would say maybe we should give him the ball more he shoots a crazy % highly efficient. Well let's look a key stats that shows what he's truly doing.

That's basically 1AST for every 20FGA he takes. Digest this staggering stat for a moment here. Take a long hard look at this and let it sink in.

He has a SELF MAINTAINED or CONTAINED game however you want to look at it performance wise when he's allowed to shoot to his hearts desire.

Just to let you know how ATROCIOUS this truly is Lebron took 33FGA yesterday and got 12AST.

Al is garbage plain and simple, he's only into himself. He goes balls to the walls for himself and plays with a false sense of fire. Isn't it interesting to note that in these 12stretch of games in which he shot 50% when you look at his overall shooting % for a Power Forward or even Small Forward his average comes to 42%. Here lies another problem the selfishness or I'm a SUPERSTAR metality carries over to several games afterwards. He thinks he's larger than life. This goes to show this guy is a Quintessential.... Gunner, Ball Hogging, Stingy, Selfish, No Sharring, player and nothing more. I love the fact he's giving us his mediocre 6.3reb/gm too.

Bluest, you have some good points here, but I think you are being a little rough on AL.. Al has good intentions, but his mindset is wrong.. and he is not garbage, come on man.... The problem I have with Al, is his lack of discernment.. Classic example. The right matchup to esploit was he vs verajo... there was no way side show bob could guard him, so All did what all good scorers do. Take advantage of mismatches.. and he did... Now here is the key.they call a timeout, cleveland does, and Lebron is now on AL... Now that is what I call mission Accomplished for the knicks!! you took clevelands best defensive big, put him on the bench and you forced their best overall defender to now cover al. so what happens next? Al forces the very next shot with lebron guarding him well. And then came down and forced another three, we lost momentum..

Now shift to lebron. He had the ball at the top of the key.. chandler forced him into three tough misses from outside.. lebron held the ball at the top of the key for roughly 12 seconds playing with the ball. He could have taken that jumper at any time as wilson was giving him that shot.. either wilson or Al.. anyway, lebron holds, holds, dribbles and then nate leaves (foolishly) to double a guy who wasn't making a move.. left gibson wide open, lebron gladly passes the ball and gibson drains an open three, lead back up to 7....

That is the difference between winning and losing, and why we have 21 and they have 35+ wins.... And why Al will be what he is. A talented ball player who's skill far exceeds his production on the court.. and that is not a good thing at all...

Again, this is why I like gallo, he will move without the ball. 3 times he was wide open and nate and al missed him, they had their heads down... And when gallo gets the ball, they all stand around and the only thing he has, the only option is a three or to drive the ball... I know you don't like that kid, but you must admit, he is a shot maker and he is not getting the touches.... I wonder how a guy like kevin martin would even do with this bunch... really.. when you have players who move, you have to have a team commited to playing that way.. I know mike teaches it, but the guys are just not commited to playing that way all of the time... the special players understand that.. I want special players....
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#94 » by TheBluest » Thu Feb 5, 2009 4:44 pm

TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
I never said he was the reason we lost I'm saying allowing him to play this way because he play isn't team oriented is a formula for a loss. Al's problem obviously starts with who he is but our coach hasn't looked at his style of play good enough to understand letting Al be Al is not a good thing.

That's basically 1AST for every 20FGA he takes. Digest this staggering stat for a moment here. Take a long hard look at this and let it sink in.

Al is garbage plain and simple, he's only into himself. He goes balls to the walls for himself and plays with a false sense of fire. Isn't it interesting to note that in these 12stretch of games in which he shot 50% when you look at his overall shooting % for a Power Forward or even Small Forward his average comes to 42%. Here lies another problem the selfishness or I'm a SUPERSTAR metality carries over to several games afterwards. He thinks he's larger than life. This goes to show this guy is a Quintessential.... Gunner, Ball Hogging, Stingy, Selfish, No Sharring, player and nothing more. I love the fact he's giving us his mediocre 6.3reb/gm too.

Bluest, you have some good points here, but I think you are being a little rough on AL.. Al has good intentions, but his mindset is wrong.. and he is not garbage, come on man.... The problem I have with Al, is his lack of discernment.. Classic example. The right matchup to esploit was he vs verajo... there was no way side show bob could guard him, so All did what all good scorers do. Take advantage of mismatches.. and he did... Now here is the key.they call a timeout, cleveland does, and Lebron is now on AL... Now that is what I call mission Accomplished for the knicks!! you took clevelands best defensive big, put him on the bench and you forced their best overall defender to now cover al. so what happens next? Al forces the very next shot with lebron guarding him well. And then came down and forced another three, we lost momentum..

Now shift to lebron. He had the ball at the top of the key.. chandler forced him into three tough misses from outside.. lebron held the ball at the top of the key for roughly 12 seconds playing with the ball. He could have taken that jumper at any time as wilson was giving him that shot.. either wilson or Al.. anyway, lebron holds, holds, dribbles and then nate leaves (foolishly) to double a guy who wasn't making a move.. left gibson wide open, lebron gladly passes the ball and gibson drains an open three, lead back up to 7....

That is the difference between winning and losing, and why we have 21 and they have 35+ wins.... And why Al will be what he is. A talented ball player who's skill far exceeds his production on the court.. and that is not a good thing at all...

Again, this is why I like gallo, he will move without the ball. 3 times he was wide open and nate and al missed him, they had their heads down... And when gallo gets the ball, they all stand around and the only thing he has, the only option is a three or to drive the ball... I know you don't like that kid, but you must admit, he is a shot maker and he is not getting the touches.... I wonder how a guy like kevin martin would even do with this bunch... really.. when you have players who move, you have to have a team commited to playing that way.. I know mike teaches it, but the guys are just not commited to playing that way all of the time... the special players understand that.. I want special players....

TKF when I say or use the word Garbage it's a summation of his style of play not that he doesn't have talent. He's not really a TEAM player. I want TEAM players, those whose game you don't have to break down like the periodic table to figure how to make it mesh/work with the team but the fact it does, on it's own for the most part.

TKF you realize Al is very capable of putting up 80FGA and 0AST? Wasn't it you who said Kobe's 61pts and 0AST didn't impress you?

I don't get giddy either watching Al get his on sideshow Bob. Who is he? He's a Scrub! So what he did what he was supposed to do when the situations called for it but there were several occasions Al decided what was best for Al. I'm sick of watching it. Not to mention what do you think Al's affect on Nate and Q is, or any other player on the team for the matter.

I'm not easily enamored with scoring because in this league, the way it is designed, if a coach gives a player with average or slightly above talent freedom to whatever his heart desires... well pts will be scored.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by TKF » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:29 pm

TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

TKF when I say or use the word Garbage it's a summation of his style of play not that he doesn't have talent. He's not really a TEAM player. I want TEAM players, those whose game you don't have to break down like the periodic table to figure how to make it mesh/work with the team but the fact it does, on it's own for the most part.

TKF you realize Al is very capable of putting up 80FGA and 0AST? Wasn't it you who said Kobe's 61pts and 0AST didn't impress you?

I don't get giddy either watching Al get his on sideshow Bob. Who is he? He's a Scrub! So what he did what he was supposed to do when the situations called for it but there were several occasions Al decided what was best for Al. I'm sick of watching it. Not to mention what do you think Al's affect on Nate and Q is, or any other player on the team for the matter.

I'm not easily enamored with scoring because in this league, the way it is designed, if a coach gives a player with average or slightly above talent freedom to whatever his heart desires... well pts will be scored.

no, I said kobe's 61 points and no boards didn't impress me as much..

I understand what you are saying about al, I even gave examples in my post, but for stretches Al can be an effective scorer and when those stretches are done, he needs to be on the bench..

I agree, and if you look at my breakdown in this thread I did with one poster you would see that lebron is not really a scorer or a shot maker.. he is a volume shooter who with todays rules gets to the FT line a ton.... but let me stop, or else I am going to look like a hater , instead of someone trying to break down game play..
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#96 » by RHODEY » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:47 pm

TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

You are saying that any average player would have done what Al did last night under D' antoni? So we plug in say Desmond Mason and he does the same thing? Personally, I loved Harrington's game last night. He has the John Starks mentality of always playing as if he's on fire, even if much of the time he's not. When he's not on he's still a good scorer who forces more than his share of questionable shots. When he is on he's a force and fun to watch. Is he flawed? Sure. But we are still a better team with him than without. In other words we are not quite good enough yet to forgo his 20 selfish ppg and above average defense. In two years sure but not yet IMO.
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#97 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Thu Feb 5, 2009 5:54 pm

StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:

Ha, thanks for the mention. I actually used to go head-to-head much more with TKF a couple years ago, but I've found that he and I have been agreeing a lot lately.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#98 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:13 pm

That was probably the ugliest triple double I have seen in my life. I have never seen a so called "superstar" chase numbers the way LeBron chased his numbers. Oh and our defense and the refs only helped LeBron reach his goal. I really dont get what we were doing doubling LeBron on the perimeter, WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? I remember one play in particular, LeBron is standing on the three point line and Chandler was guardning him, LeBron is just standing there using a pivot fake about 10 times and just looking at the shot clock go down, Wilson is just there daring him to shoot, when all of a sudden you some (Please Use More Appropriate Word) (dont remember who I think Jeffries but not sure), leaves Gibson just to go double LeBron on the perimeter, and LeBron just looks to his left and passes to Gibson for a wide open 3 that goes in. WHY THE F*CK DO YOU DO THAT? Even Mike Dantoni looked disgusted on that play because he called timeout right away and looked like he wanted to stuff his clipboard into whoever left Gibson to double LeBron 20 feet away from the hoop. Then the refs just did what they do best nowadays and thats call phantom fouls and allow James to travel and get his points anyway possible.

This team needs a superstar badly, Im tired of watching other teams top guys get calls, get away with crap and the solid players on our team cant get away with the same crap. What a bunch of crap this league has become.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by TKF » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:25 pm

SMAC-K wrote:That was probably the ugliest triple double I have seen in my life. I have never seen a so called "superstar" chase numbers the way LeBron chased his numbers. Oh and our defense and the refs only helped LeBron reach his goal. I really dont get what we were doing doubling LeBron on the perimeter, WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? I remember one play in particular, LeBron is standing on the three point line and Chandler was guardning him, LeBron is just standing there using a pivot fake about 10 times and just looking at the shot clock go down, Wilson is just there daring him to shoot, when all of a sudden you some (Please Use More Appropriate Word) (dont remember who I think Jeffries but not sure), leaves Gibson just to go double LeBron on the perimeter, and LeBron just looks to his left and passes to Gibson for a wide open 3 that goes in. WHY THE F*CK DO YOU DO THAT? Even Mike Dantoni looked disgusted on that play because he called timeout right away and looked like he wanted to stuff his clipboard into whoever left Gibson to double LeBron 20 feet away from the hoop. Then the refs just did what they do best nowadays and thats call phantom fouls and allow James to travel and get his points anyway possible.

This team needs a superstar badly, Im tired of watching other teams top guys get calls, get away with crap and the solid players on our team cant get away with the same crap. What a bunch of crap this league has become.

I mentioned that a few post ago.. lebron had missed like 3 shots before that.. he didn't want to take that jumper. And it was nate who just left gibson for no reason... after that dumb play, we went down by 7..
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#100 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:37 pm

TKF wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:That was probably the ugliest triple double I have seen in my life. I have never seen a so called "superstar" chase numbers the way LeBron chased his numbers. Oh and our defense and the refs only helped LeBron reach his goal. I really dont get what we were doing doubling LeBron on the perimeter, WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? I remember one play in particular, LeBron is standing on the three point line and Chandler was guardning him, LeBron is just standing there using a pivot fake about 10 times and just looking at the shot clock go down, Wilson is just there daring him to shoot, when all of a sudden you some (Please Use More Appropriate Word) (dont remember who I think Jeffries but not sure), leaves Gibson just to go double LeBron on the perimeter, and LeBron just looks to his left and passes to Gibson for a wide open 3 that goes in. WHY THE F*CK DO YOU DO THAT? Even Mike Dantoni looked disgusted on that play because he called timeout right away and looked like he wanted to stuff his clipboard into whoever left Gibson to double LeBron 20 feet away from the hoop. Then the refs just did what they do best nowadays and thats call phantom fouls and allow James to travel and get his points anyway possible.

I mentioned that a few post ago.. lebron had missed like 3 shots before that.. he didn't want to take that jumper. And it was nate who just left gibson for no reason... after that dumb play, we went down by 7..

Nate? Thats even worse now because I thought it was Jeffries. WTF is Nate going to do to LeBron when LeBron clearly sees him running towards him, what was Nate expecting to do, trap LeBron with his length and size? Man now Im just even more heated, I just cant believe we lost that game the way we did, Im so bitter about last night, I actually woke up angry and Im so sick of ESPN talking about Kobe and Lebrons performances, its making me sick to my stomach. Next up Boston in Boston, YAAAAYYYYYY I cant wait
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards

Return to New York Knicks