ImageImageImageImageImage

New Wilson Chandler Blog Entry

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

New Wilson Chandler Blog Entry 

Post#1 » by waya » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:07 am

Crazy week this week, but I wanted to take just a few minutes to check in so you guys didn’t think I forgot about you.

This week, it’s been tough so far with Kobe and LeBron. I mean, when you’ve got players like that who can score at will, it’s tough.

We’re doing better though. We’ve played well, but obviously we are not where we should be at or can be at. And that is encouraging. You fans, just keep supporting us and we will get there. Those were two great teams that came in, and the Celtics are coming in tomorrow, but we are getting better and we can play with them. These are the best teams in the league and we are right in these games with them. They aren’t blowing us out. Still, we did expect to win. We played hard, but when you have players like that, and players that get excited to play at The Garden, it’s difficult. They get up for these games and try to put on these performances.

This week is definitely cool for you fans, and I think it is awesome what happened on Tuesday at The Garden too with the Rangers retiring Adam Graves’ number. I’ve met him and he is really a great person, and I am really happy that he got honored like that. That is what anybody who plays any professional sport dreams about. And to get your number retired in New York, that is a great thing. He is part of history, and his number will always live in The Garden and no one else will get to wear it. It is cool to look up at all those numbers when you are on the court warming up and stuff, and now his will live there forever next to some of the greatest players to ever play in New York.

I also want to tell you guys about something cool I did on my day off. I went with Nate to that Will Ferrell show on Broadway as George W. Bush that I told you about last week and it was just so funny. It was Will Ferrell being Will Ferrell. He is one of the funniest guys out right now, so it doesn’t get better than that.

It was actually the first Broadway show I have ever seen, and I have got to say it was the best thing I have ever seen live. It was just so funny. It is only playing for a few more weeks, and I am definitely going to see it again. You guys need to check it out. There is going to be an HBO special on it next month or something, so if you can’t make it, at least watch that and then let me know what you think about it.

The cool part is I also got to meet him after the show. We went backstage, and he was giving me a lot of stuff about guarding Kobe. He was trying to give me pointers. LoL. He told me to get low and cut him in half.

I gotta go soon, but I want to answer some fan questions before I have to sign off. A lot of people from outside the US have written in, so I thought I’d go all international on this round of questions.

For Mic Sayer from Melbourne, Australia – he asked if I have ever done any overseas travel. First, thanks for writing and following me all the way across the world. It’s cool that you get to keep up with me on the International League Pass you talked about and it means a lot to me. To answer your question though, the truth is I haven’t. Actually, I’m not just saying this, but I do want to go to Australia. I want to go to Sydney because it seems really cool from what I’ve seen and heard. I also want to go to France, especially Paris, and some countries in Europe.

For Roman Partykowski from Poland – he asked about calling MSG home. First of all, just the history of place, it’s amazing. And then the city of New York, to have these fans, that is very exciting. A lot of fans in other arenas we go to, they are nothing like the fans here in New York. They are always loud and always cheering.

For Claudo from Italy – he asked about how Gallo has been and if it is different to guard a European born player than it is one from America. Gallo, he has been great. He is a great shooter and a great teammate to have on the court. He is gonna have a great future. Now for your second part, it is a bit different to guard a European born player. Players like Dirk, it is hard to explain because players like that are similar but different at the same time. There are so many great players from Europe, and they do have some different tendencies and stuff, but their games have developed and a lot of players who are veterans have adapted a bunch to the NBA.

Finally, for David Kaye, who is also from Australia – he asked me about some of the nicknames I have gotten over the years. This question made me laugh because I have gotten a lot of nicknames. This question made me laugh because I have a bunch. Timmy Thomas cause me “Willie Will”. Allan Houston called me “Chill.” Back in High School, my coaches used to call me “Will the Thrill.” I have also gotten “Ill Will” and “Illson”. I was also just told that some people have started calling me Willie C., which I guess is cool too, but it doesn’t rhyme. LoL.

Now for my movie pick, I am gonna go with “The Dark Knight”. Now I know most of you have seen it, but you should see it again! Heath Ledger is just, I mean, man that was the best performance ever. Rest in Piece. I mean, The Joker - that was the best thing about the movie! The way he did it and how he was always plotting and one step ahead of everyone else, the whole move just kept you guessing. I think he is going to win the Oscar. What do you guys think?

I am really surprised and think it’s cool how so many people like my movie picks. In a couple of weeks I am gonna submit all my Oscar picks for best movie, actor, actress and the other big ones, and you guys can compare with me and we can see who does best.

Now it might be hard for me to check in again soon cause we are heading out on the road and then it is All-Star weekend, but I promise to try to check in even if it is a small entry when I am in Phoenix after my game.

Catch up with you guys soon,

Wilson

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/wilsonchandlerblog.html
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: New Wilson Chandler Blog Entry 

Post#2 » by blueNorange » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:13 am

will ferrell is funny??

:nonono:

looks like it's time to cut chandler from my fantasy team.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#3 » by NySpartan4 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:22 am

blueNorange wrote:will ferrell is funny??

i have a strange feeling that if i ever knew u in person, we would never get along lol. we cant agree on one thing!
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#4 » by nyknicks09 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:30 am

With all due respect. Do you have a vagina or what? :lol: I hope you were kidding but seriously.
New York Knicks
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#5 » by nyknicks09 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:33 am

NySpartan4 wrote:

i have a strange feeling that if i ever knew u in person, we would never get along lol. we cant agree on one thing!

How can you. He sounds like he never used plastic utensils in his life yet.
New York Knicks
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Smoke24 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 6:54 am

Timmy Thomas??? Willie Will??? The Hell?

Even though he tries too hard to be funny sometimes, Anchorman is my favorite Will Ferrell Movie. And if Will Ferrell is an Souther Cali. guy, he should have kidnapped Kobe before he made the trip east.

Stay humble young fella, stay humble.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#7 » by Jstarks3 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:10 am

rest in piece?
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,453

Post#8 » by EnigmatiC » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:12 am

Jstarks3 wrote:rest in piece?

lol I caught that too
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#9 » by Smoke24 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:13 am

Well it was probably past his bedtime when he wrote this. Mind wasn't working properly.
NY The Truth
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by NY The Truth » Fri Feb 6, 2009 7:38 am

chill is a good nickname for him.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#11 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Feb 6, 2009 9:17 am

least we know its him writing it now :wink:
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#12 » by Ralphie96 » Fri Feb 6, 2009 2:24 pm

lol he made a bunch of spelling mistakes...

"This question made me laugh because I have gotten a lot of nicknames. This question made me laugh because I have a bunch."

and

"Thomas cause me “Willie Will”. "
AyAsiB KNICKS
Starter
And1: 0

Post#13 » by AyAsiB KNICKS » Fri Feb 6, 2009 2:58 pm

Ralphie96 wrote:lol he made a bunch of spelling mistakes...

"This question made me laugh because I have gotten a lot of nicknames. This question made me laugh because I have a bunch."

and

"Thomas cause me “Willie Will”. "

:lol: :lol: it's definitely him...un-edited...when i read that wtf! and then the next "rest in piece"...and i lol'd on it...maybe he did it before bedtime...

Anyway, i thought, he is also reading here..Ill Will and Illson...yeah you read it first here boy! Now i hope you redeemed against Loston tonight!the rest of you guys must show some pride..kicked the opposing team best player on their ass next time..GO KNICKS!
Papa Midnite
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#14 » by Papa Midnite » Fri Feb 6, 2009 3:22 pm

Trust; Chandler reads the Knicks RealGM forum from time to time. :wink:

JC told him about it last season; most Knicks have probably been on this site from time to time (I can't see them creating an account though...well, maybe Nate and Malik would). Scrub the database's ISPs and see what fairly-to-extremely low post count blindly optimistic poster that has NEVER made a post during a Knick game in the last two seasons. (joking) :D
Nupes: Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Sam Jones, Elgin Baylor, Alex English, H20, Rolando Blackman, Danny Manning, Darrell Walker (ex-Knick), Penny, Bernie Bickerstaff, Bob Johnson (Bobcats), John Chaney, Kerry Kittles, Johnny Newman

Return to New York Knicks