ImageImageImageImageImage

Lee's defense

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

tomgugliottamvp
Banned User
And1: 0

Lee's defense 

Post#1 » by tomgugliottamvp » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:11 am

The guy got owned tonight on many occasions. His defense is terrible. Leon Powe crapped on him. Lee does not deserve the money he will demand this summer and he isn't as good as people make him out to be. His rebounds are great but he doesn't score enough to off-set the point he gives up. He needs to be traded.
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Re: Lee's defense 

Post#2 » by Rich2Hassan » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:12 am

Marbury, Al Harrington , Lee, Nate for Amare, Barbosa, Dudley, & Lopez
Heat President of TANK operations.
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User

Post#3 » by tomgugliottamvp » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:12 am

Q2N8 wrote:Al Harrington , Lee, Nate for Amare, Barbosa & Lopez

Why in God's name would Phoenix do that?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,072

Post#4 » by blueNorange » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:12 am

i responded to mjhp's post about how he wants lee to make big baby cry and i responded how davis and powe will most likely get their way vs lee ... the did. :nonono:

this is why some don't want to give him the big bucks, he's not a good defender at all ... he's weak and undersized.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#5 » by knicks742 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:17 am

blueNorange wrote:i responded to mjhp's post about how he wants lee to make big baby cry and i responded how davis and powe will most likely get their way vs lee ... the did. :nonono:

this is why some don't want to give him the big bucks, he's not a good defender at all ... he's weak and undersized.

I don't think anyone wants to give him the big bucks to be honest. I think most of us are comfortable with $8 million. This is nothing new though, I mean we all know he gets mauled down there in most occassions. But he is also the only one fighting for those rebounds down low so if we can get a big that can defend and rebound i think he will look better.

To the guy who proposed getting Amare, if you think you are getting a better defensive player, you are going to be very, very disappointed.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#6 » by blueNorange » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:22 am

the thing is 742, 8 mill for lee is still to much. 6-7 mill is more like it.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#7 » by GuyverADL » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:23 am

Welcome to last year.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#8 » by cmaff051 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:29 am

Lee is playing out of position right now. He is more than holding his own. Get a clue, fellas.
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#9 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:31 am

cmaff051 wrote:Lee is playing out of position right now. He is more than holding his own. Get a clue, fellas.

Nope lee jus isnt a good defender, lee for tyson chandler anyone
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User

Post#10 » by tomgugliottamvp » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:34 am

cmaff051 wrote:Lee is playing out of position right now. He is more than holding his own. Get a clue, fellas.

Right. So allowing Leon Powe to own you is because he is "playing out of position." You get a clue my man. Right after you take off the David Lee rose-colored glasses.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#11 » by cmaff051 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:36 am

tomgugliottamvp wrote:

Right. So allowing Leon Powe to own you is because he is "playing out of position." You get a clue my man. Right after you take off the David Lee rose-colored glasses.

He was 5 for 7 against Pau Gasol. He was 4 for 7 against Lee. Let's get some perspective here. He is not a great defender, but he is not nearly as bad as some of you say.

You people go into these games with your own preconceived notions, and even if there is contrary evidence that shoots your notions down, you ignore them.

Lee is playing out of position; that is a FACT! As much as you don't want to hear it!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,488

Post#12 » by j4remi » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:38 am

blueNorange wrote:i responded to mjhp's post about how he wants lee to make big baby cry and i responded how davis and powe will most likely get their way vs lee ... the did. :nonono:

He holds his own when he's not completely overpowered. We have to understand, dude is a PF stuck guarding C's. His D has actually improved from being HORRIBLE to just Bad. He's not worth 10 mil, but probably 8 million starting salary.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#13 » by blueNorange » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:40 am

j4remi wrote:

He holds his own when he's not completely overpowered. We have to understand, dude is a PF stuck guarding C's. His D has actually improved from being HORRIBLE to just Bad. He's not worth 10 mil, but probably 8 million starting salary.

what about last year?? the year before that?? or the year before that??

lee was always and will always be a horrible defender.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User

Post#14 » by tomgugliottamvp » Sat Feb 7, 2009 3:47 am

cmaff051 wrote:
tomgugliottamvp wrote:

He was 5 for 7 against Pau Gasol. He was 4 for 7 against Lee. Let's get some perspective here. He is not a great defender, but he is not nearly as bad as some of you say.

You people go into these games with your own preconceived notions, and even if there is contrary evidence that shoots your notions down, you ignore them.

Lee is playing out of position; that is a FACT! As much as you don't want to hear it!

Who called Pau Gasol a lock down defender? The point is Gasol can dominate games and that offsets his not-so great defense. Gasol crapped all over Lee on both ends on Monday night. Lee is no Gasol or even close to it. "Playing out of position" or not, his defense is atrocious. Leaving your man wide open under the basket is not because he is playing out of position.
!nstinct
Starter

Post#15 » by !nstinct » Sat Feb 7, 2009 4:49 am

I see you guys blame Lee a lot for lack of defense, which is well deserved. My question for you is, do you see Mike antoni preaching defense? I mean, the best defense he preach is to trap players and auto switch. Therefore, you cannot blame Lee for not playing defense when his coach is not even yelling at him to play defense. It should be in his system to play defense, but if he does so he would get in foul trouble and Mike antoni would have to play more plays than he planned. That is how you would see less of Lee then you would start saying "he sucks and cant stay on the court."

Also, to play defense, its a team thing. All the defensive teams in the NBA dont have one guy playing defense, they have everybody playing defense.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,488

Post#16 » by j4remi » Sat Feb 7, 2009 5:29 am

blueNorange wrote:
j4remi wrote:

what about last year?? the year before that?? or the year before that??

lee was always and will always be a horrible defender.

I repeat, His D has actually improved from being HORRIBLE to just bad. Last seasons defense was absolutely miserable, but he has improved his man D to just below average and not MISERABLE.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#17 » by mjhp911 » Sat Feb 7, 2009 7:02 am

!nstinct wrote:I see you guys blame Lee a lot for lack of defense, which is well deserved. My question for you is, do you see Mike antoni preaching defense? I mean, the best defense he preach is to trap players and auto switch. Therefore, you cannot blame Lee for not playing defense when his coach is not even yelling at him to play defense. It should be in his system to play defense, but if he does so he would get in foul trouble and Mike antoni would have to play more plays than he planned. That is how you would see less of Lee then you would start saying "he sucks and cant stay on the court."

Also, to play defense, its a team thing. All the defensive teams in the NBA dont have one guy playing defense, they have everybody playing defense.

Great post! It's just lip service for 'Antoni...

But Walsh STILL should have traded Lee over the summer... when we had an offer for a Lee-McCurry package...

Return to New York Knicks