ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Hornets are Broke?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Re: OT: Hornets are Broke? 

Post#21 » by Fury » Sun Feb 8, 2009 7:13 pm

Chandler would be perfect next to Lee.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#22 » by knicks742 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 7:15 pm

livintoolive wrote:I wonder how many teams have expirings that match up to Chandler's salary, expire next year and their teams are willing to trade them away. Presumably, most teams that even have matching contracts would want to save them to clear space in 2010.

Nate+Malik+roberson works, and Roberson and Malik would get bought out immediately. And as always, we can toss them 3mn. NO saves the entirety of Chandler's contract after the current season, plus about 3.5mn this year. Not shabby for a team suffering financial difficulties.

That's actually a great trade. I would do it immediately.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#23 » by livintoolive » Sun Feb 8, 2009 7:16 pm

knicks742 wrote:
livintoolive wrote:I wonder how many teams have expirings that match up to Chandler's salary, expire next year and their teams are willing to trade them away. Presumably, most teams that even have matching contracts would want to save them to clear space in 2010.

Nate+Malik+roberson works, and Roberson and Malik would get bought out immediately. And as always, we can toss them 3mn. NO saves the entirety of Chandler's contract after the current season, plus about 3.5mn this year. Not shabby for a team suffering financial difficulties.

That's actually a great trade. I would do it immediately.

I realized we wouldn't even have to send them Roberson. I would be happier shipping him away, but it would save NO another 700k.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#24 » by kosmovitelli » Sun Feb 8, 2009 7:27 pm

I can't see the Hornets trading Tyson Chandler only for expiring contracts. It doesn'tmake any sense.
Even if they're broke, they can get more than expiring contracts for him.
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#25 » by duhon-duhon » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:01 pm

teamny1 wrote:Economy freefalled in Sept. It went south way before then.

Fair enough
Radiohead311
Senior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Radiohead311 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 10:17 pm

I don't think they are neccesarily broke I think it;s just that Chris Pauls extention kicks in this summer and it;s going to put their 09-10 payroll at 77 million well above the Luxury Tax. I think they just want to cut back and get below the tax for next year.

Their biggest problem is that they over paid Stojakovic and Morris Peterson and James Posey. That team is full of bad contracts.

Return to New York Knicks