ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NBA Trade Deadline Denver/Bobcats Pick for Lee PG 8

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

OT: NBA Trade Deadline Denver/Bobcats Pick for Lee PG 8 

Post#1 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:52 am

Amare probably going to Chicago for Thomas, Hughes, Gooden #1 pick, Cash

Detroit traded Alex Acker to the Clippers for exchange of future second rounders which means one if not both of these teams are bracing for a definite trade

All available for the right deals just to name a few...

Baron
Caron
Carter
Rasheed
Kleiza
Jefferson
Felton
Magette
Boozer
McGrady
Aldridge
Howard
Odom
A. Miller
M. Miller
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Re: OT: NBA February Deadline Trades & Rumors 

Post#2 » by nyk2423 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 am

I dont think Aldridge is available UNLESS it brings in a All Star that is willing to play within the system...meaning Amare isnt going to POR.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#3 » by livintoolive » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:55 am

no sources again?
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#4 » by nyk2423 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:08 am

Baron - Doubt anybody takes him

Caron - Would love to see him moved to Portland and I think the Kings could be a possibility

Carter - I doubt he goes to the Spurs for the deal that I have been reading but the Rockets could be a possibility because they get an expiring in Artest, a young player or two and a 1st rder.

Rasheed - I think he stays and they give it one last chance because you never know this team can get hot in the playoffs and they could make a serious run

Kleiza - I think he will get traded but not sure where

Jefferson - I think a possibility could be POR, something like Raef,Frye,Ike and a 1st for RJ and Gadzuric. But I think he stays put...

Felton - There has to be some team that takes him, he is a young and talented basketball player AND you could get him for cheap considering the fact MJ makes the trades for the Bobcats....

Magette - Nobody takes him...

Boozer - I think he will stay and not opt out this summer....

McGrady - I think they keep the team except for Artest because I see VC going to the Rockets

Aldridge - Not going anywhere since they have Raef's expiring deal to trade to get something valuable like Caron

Howard - Goes no where

Odom - They need him and he goes no where
passthedutchman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by passthedutchman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:12 am

a lot of those expire this summer (meaning they'd have to be signed to long term extensions or let walk away for nothing). that's most likely why they'd be on the trading block. the others run past 2011 which means we wouldn't be really interested. the two names that expire in 2010 are tracy mcgrady and mike miller. mcgrady would be cool but not sure how much they would want for him. the asking price would probably be a little high.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#6 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:30 am

nyk2423 wrote:Baron - Doubt anybody takes him

Caron - Would love to see him moved to Portland and I think the Kings could be a possibility

Carter - I doubt he goes to the Spurs for the deal that I have been reading but the Rockets could be a possibility because they get an expiring in Artest, a young player or two and a 1st rder.

Rasheed - I think he stays and they give it one last chance because you never know this team can get hot in the playoffs and they could make a serious run

Kleiza - I think he will get traded but not sure where

Jefferson - I think a possibility could be POR, something like Raef,Frye,Ike and a 1st for RJ and Gadzuric. But I think he stays put...

Felton - There has to be some team that takes him, he is a young and talented basketball player AND you could get him for cheap considering the fact MJ makes the trades for the Bobcats....

Magette - Nobody takes him...

Boozer - I think he will stay and not opt out this summer....

McGrady - I think they keep the team except for Artest because I see VC going to the Rockets

Aldridge - Not going anywhere since they have Raef's expiring deal to trade to get something valuable like Caron

Howard - Goes no where

Odom - They need him and he goes no where

Good breakdown.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,079

Post#7 » by blueNorange » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:32 am

hopefully walsh trades lee and/or gimmick wonder for something that can be useful down the road.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#8 » by Tony Montana » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:44 am

The Knicks should get Camby for expirings
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#9 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:48 am

blueNorange wrote:hopefully walsh trades lee and/or gimmick wonder for something that can be useful down the road.

Yes this would be perfect.
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#10 » by Tony Montana » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 am

blueNorange wrote:hopefully walsh trades lee and/or gimmick wonder for something that can be useful down the road.

why do you keep trashing Nate by calling him gimmick?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,079

Post#11 » by blueNorange » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:53 am

Tony Montana wrote:

because most only like him because he's a little guy that can dunk the ball.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#12 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 am

Tony Montana wrote:

He is not a good defender and is streaky ... also makes dumb turnovers
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,726

Post#13 » by ezmoney707 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:56 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:

So that classifies as a gimmick. If so then most of the scrubs in the league would be just a gimmick.

a gimmick does not average 15 points a game.

Edit: My bad 16
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#14 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:00 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:

So that classifies as a gimmick. If so then most of the scrubs in the league would be just a gimmick.

Hes a gimmick because he is an athlete more then a bball player
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#15 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:02 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:He is not a good defender and is streaky ... also makes dumb turnovers

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#16 » by Tony Montana » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:02 am

How many turnovers did he have in the clippers game? Besides that slump Nate had he's been one of our only consistent players. I dont give a **** how tall he is, he's one of the best players that the Knicks got. Nate's not that bad of a defender either. I've seen him go all out for steals, blocks, rebounds while everyone else just watches their guy blow right past them. He's got more heart than most of the players in the entire league. Knicks fans love to hate the knicks, no wonder msg is filled with people rooting for kobe, lebron n the celts
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,726

Post#17 » by ezmoney707 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:05 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:Hes a gimmick because he is an athlete more then a bball player

So your telling Usain Bolt could put up 16 points a game in the league. He's an athlete correct? There are plenty of athletes in the league, but they don't average 16 points a game. let alone 11.7 which is nate's career scoring average. Your a good dude, but your argument on this one is weak
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#18 » by TheBluest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:05 am

Tony Montana wrote:How many turnovers did he have in the clippers game? Besides that slump Nate had he's been one of our only consistent players. I dont give a **** how tall he is, he's one of the best players that the Knicks got. Nate's not that bad of a defender either. I've seen him go all out for steals, blocks, rebounds while everyone else just watches their guy blow right past them. He's got more heart than most of the players in the entire league. Knicks fans love to hate the knicks, no wonder msg is filled with people rooting for kobe, lebron n the celts

We're 21-31 he's done more damage than he has done good for this team. It's interesting how we have all these great irreplaceable or hard to replace qualities in some of our players and coach yet we sit 10gms under .500. Doesn't make sense
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#19 » by Tony Montana » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:

You're Stupid :wink:
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#20 » by Knicksfan1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 am

Tony Montana wrote:How many turnovers did he have in the clippers game? Besides that slump Nate had he's been one of our only consistent players. I dont give a **** how tall he is, he's one of the best players that the Knicks got. Nate's not that bad of a defender either. I've seen him go all out for steals, blocks, rebounds while everyone else just watches their guy blow right past them. He's got more heart than most of the players in the entire league. Knicks fans love to hate the knicks, no wonder msg is filled with people rooting for kobe, lebron n the celts

For all I care f kobe/C's/LeCrab, but you are right about nate's heart but he is immature... wish he was like Oakley :D

Return to New York Knicks