ImageImageImageImageImage

Easier to Replace: Nate or DLee

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Starbury316
Bench Warmer
And1: 111

Easier to Replace: Nate or DLee 

Post#1 » by Starbury316 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:43 pm

In the style of play we run, who in your opinion is easier to replace? Personally i think Lee is rather than Nate because of nates scoring and play making ability. I think a guy like Nick coliison or tyrus thomas can to similiar to what Lee does in terms of rebounds and efficient scoring along side a good pg like duhon. those two players may actually provide a bit more on the defensive end than Lee as well . What do you guys think or am I kidding myself when i think that?
putiger78
Sixth Man
And1: 206

Re: Easier to Replace: Nate or DLee 

Post#2 » by putiger78 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:46 pm

I would say you can name a lot more quick, scoring, playmaking hybrid guys than you can guys that can give you 16 and 12 a night. So I would say Lee would be harder to replace.

That being said, Nate is a unique player and brings a unique style to the game.

I would like to keep both. It can be done and not ruin 2010 plan if you can keep their total salaries in the $13-14MM range.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#3 » by knicks742 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Lee was an all star candidate

Nate was the slam dunk champion

Who do you think is easier to replace???
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#4 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:49 pm

in this offense, it seems everything is replaceable.. but assuming it was equal in that regard, lee is going to command at least 3-5 mill more per year than nate and he also is a weaker defender (both are weak defenders, but we need some sort of interior presence/man defender)

you arent kidding yourself either, nate is already putting up very good numbers and he aint primed.. no one is motivated like this guy i could even see him making an all star team one day.. the same can be said with lee but the more and more i see nate - dude is a special player and the hate he gets on here is 100% unwarranted and annoying as f**k cause only an idot would hate on a guy who loves playing here, gives 110%, and has the heart of a champion

taking everything into consideration (salaries included and value in a trade), id keep nate over lee any day and i love lee
Neb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Neb » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Hmm, gimmick or punk. I'll go with punk.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,221

Post#6 » by duetta » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Mike James gives you pretty much what you get from Nate.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#7 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 pm

knicks742 wrote:Lee was an all star candidate

these have nothing to do with eachother

david lee was a candidate based on a weak position, nate was going up against wade, joe johnson, ray ray, etc

lee: 16/12 35mpg +.1 +/-
nate: 16/4/4 29mpg +4.2 +/-

not saying nates better, but you are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off in this attempted knock at nate and glorification of lee
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#8 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 pm

duetta wrote:Mike James gives you pretty much what you get from Nate.

on what planet? cause it damn sure aint earth
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#9 » by knicks742 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:54 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:

david lee was a candidate based on a weak position, nate was going up against wade, joe johnson, ray ray, etc

not saying nates better, but you are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off in this attempted knock at nate and glorification of lee

Per our GM, there is one guy that is getting all the calls here in the trading deadline, not Nate, but yup, Lee. I am not suggesting Nate is trash, he is a very good sixth man but Lee is way more valuable and it's not even close.
Starbury316
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by Starbury316 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:57 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:in this offense, it seems everything is replaceable.. but assuming it was equal in that regard, lee is going to command at least 3-5 mill more per year than nate and he also is a weaker defender (both are weak defenders, but we need some sort of interior presence/man defender)

you arent kidding yourself either, nate is already putting up very good numbers and he aint primed.. no one is motivated like this guy i could even see him making an all star team one day.. the same can be said with lee but the more and more i see nate - dude is a special player and the hate he gets on here is 100% unwarranted and annoying as f**k cause only an idot would hate on a guy who loves playing here, gives 110%, and has the heart of a champion

taking everything into consideration (salaries included and value in a trade), id keep nate over lee any day and i love lee

i feel the exact same way as you.. i love lee always did thought he was one of Zeke best moves, but his numbers are a bit inflated due to the offense we run. will lee ever become a decent defender idk..he doesnt even jump to try n block shots which pisses me off.. yea a quick guard who can shoot may be easy to find but wit the heart n dedication nate has doesnt come with it all the time. Plus the fact nate mite be cheaper to keep. Thats really what im worried about cause honestly in order to have to big time free agents we cant keep both Lee and Nate. Unless Curry has drops 30 lbs and comes in next yr puttin up 17 and 11 its goin to be hard to trade him straight up
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#11 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:57 pm

No question Nate is a lot easier to replace. Quality big men are a lot harder to find then quality guards. There are a ton of guards who can score off the bench. There is probably more of those type of guys then any other in the league.

As far as Lee, even before D’Antoni he avg a double double. How many guys in the league can avg a double double? Plus its not all the system as Lee has added that midrange Jumper. Not that he is irreplaceable, but just harder to replace.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#12 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm

knicks742 wrote:

Per our GM, there is one guy that is getting all the calls here in the trading deadline, not Nate, but yup, Lee. I am not suggesting Nate is trash, he is a very good sixth man but Lee is way more valuable and it's not even close.

thats my point, lee is more valuable like i said in the other thread, thats why you dont deal nate because he is just as big a contributer atm and he wont get us 1/2 of what lee could

believe me i want to keep both, but based on what i just said, i cant deal nate because hes not worth anything thatd help us
Butch
Starter
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Butch » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Trade either one for Kevin Martin!!!
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#14 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:02 pm

Butch wrote:Trade either one for Kevin Martin!!!

my man.. the exact reason theyd trade martin is the exact reason they wouldnt trade for lee or nate - 2 guys that have to be RESIGNED : )
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by duetta » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 pm

On this planet. James is a point guard who's really a shooter, and who has put up exceptional numbers from time to time - especially when he's played with a single team over an entire season.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#16 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 pm

duetta wrote:

On this planet. James is a point guard who's really a shooter, and who has put up exceptional numbers from time to time - especially when he's played with a single team over an entire season.

so you are posting from which planet? cause again the "this" you are referring to daaaaaaaaaaamn sure aint earth
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,446

Post#17 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:06 pm

That is exactly why its harder to replace David Lee. There are a lot more quality guards then quality PF/C's out there.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by duetta » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:So you are posting from which planet? cause again the "this" you are referring to daaaaaaaaaaamn sure aint earth

Just look up his numbers. Arguments based on hype are worthless. Hype is worthless, period.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#19 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:

That is exactly why its harder to replace David Lee. There are a lot more quality guards then quality PF/C's out there.

hey i agree he is, but my basis on trading either(if you had to deal 1 right now) is that lee could get us something, nate couldnt and both are contributing very similarly in terms of ppg/+/- etc
Starbury316
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by Starbury316 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:12 pm

you guys dont think a guy like nick collison cant put up similiar (not the same) numbers like Lee? Nate is a problem..ask Kobe he said it when we played in LA earlier in the yr

Return to New York Knicks