ImageImageImageImageImage

Nate and Jeffries for Kenny Thomas? - Ford (2:15pm)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

pwayknicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 708

Re: Nate and Jeffries for Kenny Thomas? - Ford (2:15pm) 

Post#41 » by pwayknicks » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:39 pm

have to do it....tough to lose Nate, but if we can rid Jefferies its got to be done.
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#42 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm

shtolky wrote:Just posted

Could the Knicks make three deals today? Sources say the Kings have offered Kenny Thomas for Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries. If the Knicks could move Jeffries, it would clear another $6.8 million in the summer of 2010. The Knicks would have to give up the talented Robinson and eat Thomas' $8.7 million salary next year ... but it's probably worth it to the Knicks. Especially now that they've shored up their offense with the Larry Hughes and Chris Wilcox deals.

We'd have to get something else back in this - Nate is too talented to throw away like that.

I would like Francisco Garcia back in this deal and I'm happy.
KNEMESIS
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#43 » by KNEMESIS » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
if we resign lee and nate, and curry and jeffries are still here, it'll be hard to sign a max FA agent depending on how much they get, and how much the cap is

Curry and Jeffries won't be here come 2010. I don't know how he'll do it, but I have faith in Donnie.
Really? Jared Jeffries. Seriously?
Papa Midnite
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Papa Midnite » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:

Could the Knicks make three deals today? Sources say the Kings have offered Kenny Thomas for Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries. If the Knicks could move Jeffries, it would clear another $6.8 million in the summer of 2010. The Knicks would have to give up the talented Robinson and eat Thomas' $8.7 million salary next year ... but it's probably worth it to the Knicks. Especially now that they've shored up their offense with the Larry Hughes and Chris Wilcox deals.

We'd have to get something else back in this - Nate is too talented to throw away like that.

I would like Francisco Garcia back in this deal and I'm happy.
\Idk Johnny....Francisco's contract run way past 2010 and he would probably not ge that much burn unless we play him exclusively at SG.
Nupes: Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Sam Jones, Elgin Baylor, Alex English, H20, Rolando Blackman, Danny Manning, Darrell Walker (ex-Knick), Penny, Bernie Bickerstaff, Bob Johnson (Bobcats), John Chaney, Kerry Kittles, Johnny Newman
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#45 » by Pharmcat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm

KNEMESIS wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
if we resign lee and nate, and curry and jeffries are still here, it'll be hard to sign a max FA agent depending on how much they get, and how much the cap is

Curry and Jeffries won't be here come 2010. I don't know how he'll do it, but I have faith in Donnie.

u have to give a team motivation to take on bad contracts....ie, nate....nate and jeffries for a player that xpired in 2010 is a good deal for us
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#46 » by duetta » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:44 pm

KNEMESIS wrote:Curry and Jeffries won't be here come 2010. I don't know how he'll do it, but I have faith in Donnie.

If they can ride Eddy's butt about coming into camp in shape next season, he can dealt by his lonesome. And he needs the money. Eddy has apparently been spending his money like Isiah spent Dolans.

Eddy needs another big score. He's got to get into shape. Still, it's Walsh and D'Antoni's job to bring that point home to him.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#47 » by NYKAL » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 pm

walsh reportedly turned that one down
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#48 » by Daaaarryyl » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:56 pm

If they threw us Houston's pick (projected #23) and their 2nd rounder (projected #31) would you guys bite on this tho??????
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#49 » by nyk2423 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:If they threw us Houston's pick (projected #23) and their 2nd rounder (projected #31) would you guys bite on this tho??????

Yes I would...
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#50 » by Pharmcat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:58 pm

id bite on it regardless, this deal is 6.8 mill in savings in 2010, thats a big #
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#51 » by spree8 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:58 pm

god shammgod wrote:
robbysteinz wrote:In all honesty, it's something we HAVE to do, but it is going to be sad seeing Nate go..

my thoughts exactly. gotta do it. sorry nate.

You guys must be insaine.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#52 » by duetta » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:58 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:If they threw us Houston's pick (projected #23) and their 2nd rounder (projected #31) would you guys bite on this tho??????

If they throw in a #1, you'd have to consider it.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#53 » by drj » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 pm

I would have done this deal already, but if we get any sort of pick coming back then no question
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,494

Post#54 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Now as for the Knicks talk, the Kings have been pursuing Nate Robinson and I should know in the next few minutes whether they can land him. While ESPN has reported they were turned down in a deal including Kenny Thomas going to New York for Robinson and Jared Jeffries, I just spoke with someone close to Robinson who said he had received a phone call from Mike D'Antoni, which could be the Knicks coach calling to tell him he'd been traded or perhaps not. We'll see.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sp ... _Container
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#55 » by NYKAL » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:06 pm

this deal sux ballz ...for real
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#56 » by TwelvePac » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:07 pm

I would have done the deal. Damn Donnie for turning it down unless there is something else brewing. I DK but I wish Sac would sweeten the pot a little so it gets pushed through. Nate is not that great. He is just being riding his main scorer role and we only won once during his big streak. He is another empty stat guy that is quite expendable.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#57 » by mugzi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Im hoping this deal happens. I know Im in the Nate minority, but I dont see him as part of a winning team long-term.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#58 » by Daaaarryyl » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:
i think it's more realistic then getting 1. the only way you'll get 1 to sign is to be able to sign a 2nd one because the rest of the team will basically suck.

Yup. Anyone remember Hill, McGrady and Duncan skippin along together holding hands to join the Magic before D-Robinson convinced Duncan at the last minute to stick around with him to win another title or two??
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!

Return to New York Knicks