ImageImageImageImageImage

Chad Ford ripping knicks trades

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

andrenym00
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Chad Ford ripping knicks trades 

Post#1 » by andrenym00 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Lou, Brooklyn [via mobile]: Look already how far the Knicks have came. Should've tried to trade Jeffries though, Agreed?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:08 PM ET ) I wasn't crazy about the Knicks' trades, to be honest. Both guys are bad fits with D'Antoni's system. They did them because they're the Knicks and they have the money, and yes they had a hole at the 2 and Hughes fills it, but I don't think this changes their outlook much.

Mike (Staten Island, NY): Knicks fan here, and I think I liked what happened. Hughes fits D'Antoni-ball (as long as he doesn't shoot too much) and Wilcox gives the Knicks a big-body to bang down low. Wishful thinking or did Donnie do a good job?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:09 PM ET ) Hughes can't shoot or pass -- he's a one-on-one slasher. Tough to see how that fits D'Antoni. Wilcox is a terrible defensive player and can't shoot, although he'll get his points if they use him the way they use Lee in pick-and-rolls.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25127
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Re: Chad Ford ripping knicks trades 

Post#2 » by Pharmcat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:13 pm

and chad ford is an idiot
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#3 » by Phish Tank » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:13 pm

wrong guy... john hollinger. though both are fools
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#4 » by Knicksfan1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 pm

andrenym00 wrote:Lou, Brooklyn [via mobile]: Look already how far the Knicks have came. Should've tried to trade Jeffries though, Agreed?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:08 PM ET ) I wasn't crazy about the Knicks' trades, to be honest. Both guys are bad fits with D'Antoni's system. They did them because they're the Knicks and they have the money, and yes they had a hole at the 2 and Hughes fills it, but I don't think this changes their outlook much.

Mike (Staten Island, NY): Knicks fan here, and I think I liked what happened. Hughes fits D'Antoni-ball (as long as he doesn't shoot too much) and Wilcox gives the Knicks a big-body to bang down low. Wishful thinking or did Donnie do a good job?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:09 PM ET ) Hughes can't shoot or pass -- he's a one-on-one slasher. Tough to see how that fits D'Antoni. Wilcox is a terrible defensive player and can't shoot, although he'll get his points if they use him the way they use Lee in pick-and-rolls.

Same guy who said moon is better then Chandler
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#5 » by magnumt » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 pm

I think you mean John Hollinger. And, Hollinger has always been a clueless Knick-hater
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by tomgugliottamvp » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 pm

That's Hollinger, not Ford.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#7 » by Red Vines » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 pm

what a hater
R33D33
General Manager
And1: 15
Location: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Post#8 » by R33D33 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:15 pm

We got rid of dead weight and brought in players more talented to win.

We can now bring in PEJ and/or D-Nichols.
R33D33 wrote:Can we agree on this, get rid of all benefits corporations get from governments?
Bulltalk wrote:Not really.
‎"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." – H.L. Mencken
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#9 » by BelieveTheDream » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm

hahaha WHAT AN IDIOT are you kidding me how do these guys get paid for what they do... hughes is a shooter athletic defender um fits perfect for mike d and wilcox is athletic big once again fits perfect ????? and like some1 said before guy said moon is better then chandler hahaha Moon cant even touch chandler with a ten foot pole
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,305

Post#10 » by gavran » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm

tomgugliottamvp wrote:That's Hollinger, not Ford.

What's the difference?
Moochie25
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#11 » by Moochie25 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm

yeah well that's just [his] opinion, man

hopefully he's wrong.... to quote paeds:

Paeds wrote:LMAO

Donnie Absolutely Shytted on all of you Haters

TT, James, Roberson and Rose

For Wilcox and Hughes???

No picks given up
2010 intact
Consolidated Roster
Traded 3 Useless players
Legit Sg that plays defense and can score (i.e Better than Crawford)
Legit PF/C
Improved Defense
Improved athleticism
Traded jerome James whom everyone said was untradable

Opens up a couple spot for a Dleaguer Like Ewing, Sims, Ahearn

GREAT Job Donnie

hard to argue any of that
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#12 » by haterade » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 pm

John Hollinger is a stats nerd who just cares about numbers. Its always about him and his PER.
kNiCk_PriDe
Assistant Coach
And1: 86

Post#13 » by kNiCk_PriDe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:18 pm

**** all of espn
~kNiCk PriDe~
4PointPlay
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#14 » by 4PointPlay » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Chad Ford can forever eat my chuff.

We traded something for nothing, twice! System schmistem, Titties, Jflab, Roberson and Malik combined for very, very few minutes this year, Wilcox and Hughes fit the needs of the club not the system.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,330

Post#15 » by Scalabrine » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:19 pm

"They did them because they're the Knicks, and they have the money"

What is he talking about here? They didnt add to the salary at all, they actually saved money I believe while opening up roster spots to bring in some more young players. This guy is a fool. Hughes gives us depth at guard, anything he brings to the table is a bonus, and certainly more then Jerome James, Malik Rose, and Anthony Roberson would have given us.
Go Knicks!
4PointPlay
Analyst

Post#16 » by 4PointPlay » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:20 pm

andrenym00 wrote:Lou, Brooklyn [via mobile]: Look already how far the Knicks have came. Should've tried to trade Jeffries though, Agreed?

LOL WUT
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#17 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Getting rid of James and Malik for anything is winning trade in any rational sports reporter's brain.
daBockas
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#18 » by daBockas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:23 pm

hollinger's playoff odds had us at 4.0% chance at making the playoffs in the first ten games, then when were tied at the 8th seed he had us at 34.0% chance making the playoffs... probably the dumbest metric I've ever seen, it's bad math and the fact it's on the espn website is a joke, the guy is a moron.
richardhutnik
Banned User

Post#19 » by richardhutnik » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:25 pm

What is this about players not fitting in D'Antoni's system? D'Antoni is able to adjust things. He slowed down the play at times, as needed. He was also able to make Zach able to be traded, which was seen as an impossibility. If D'Antoni got Zach to work, why wouldn't other players fit?

Fascinating line by Hollinger:
Tough to see how that fits D'Antoni. Wilcox is a terrible defensive player and can't shoot, although he'll get his points if they use him the way they use Lee in pick-and-rolls.

He can back up Lee? That is more than one can say about Malik. Does Hollinger even know what Malik did?

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,915

Post#20 » by god shammgod » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:27 pm

all he's saying is that those guys suck and they do. nothing to scream at here.

Return to New York Knicks