ImageImageImageImageImage

A fans "Larry Hughes Shoots Too Much" web site

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Re: A fans "Larry Hughes Shoots Too Much" web site 

Post#21 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
bkknicks19 wrote:2- hughes is an upgrade over q-brick

people keep saying this but this is faulty logic. one is not replacing the other. both will be in the rotation. so whereas we had 1 chucker getting minutes before we now have two chuckers getting minutes. it's a downgrade as far as our overall team shooting ability.

You got a crystal bowl or something :roll:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,365

Post#22 » by god shammgod » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Knicksfan1 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

people keep saying this but this is faulty logic. one is not replacing the other. both will be in the rotation. so whereas we had 1 chucker getting minutes before we now have two chuckers getting minutes. it's a downgrade as far as our overall team shooting ability.

they both have shot a bad percentage for the last couple of years. what don't you get ? and it's ball. crystal ball. dummy.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#23 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

they both have shot a bad percentage for the last couple of years. what don't you get ? and it's ball. crystal ball. dummy.

Crawful sux in GS but rocked here... I wonder why... Maybe because the system... Can you tell me why Crawl was 45% from 3 here and then 32% there? Plz , tell me wit your crystal bowl :rofl: :rofl:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#24 » by Paeds » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:38 pm

and you are confused, Ignorant or a hypocrit

You concede that crawford is one the worst shooters in the NBA yet say he will look like Allan Houston compared to Hughes Yet Hughes has a better Career fg%[/quote]

You are pretty ignorant if you judge a player's shooting ability by FG%. That doesn't evaluate the number of 3's a person shoots or the success of their 3 point shooting. Hollinger is a douche, but his one stat that is top notch is his TS%. If you look at those stats you will see why Crawford is a better shooter. Or you can continue to be an uninformed **** for no reason whatsoever. Your choice.

Larry Hughes is very good at getting to the basket. However he can't make lay-ups and is a cancer. We will see how he works. This is really his last chance to prove himself to the league. If he screws up here he will be relegated to Bonzie Wells status and blackballed from the league.[/quote]

Really? FG % is the amount of makes and misses, 3 pt shooting has its own %

Does it factor in that Crawford doesnt goto the hole too?
Crwford chucks more 3pters, Hughes shoots WAY more Ft's

Crawford is a 40% fg shooter, anyone who trys to say he is a good shooter or "can shoot" is Ignorant period

See`Ray allen for a SG that shoots 3's
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#25 » by god shammgod » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Knicksfan1 wrote:Crawful sux in GS but rocked here... I wonder why... Maybe because the system... Can you tell me why Crawl was 45% from 3 here and then 32% there? Plz , tell me wit your crystal bowl :rofl: :rofl:

who gave jcrawford11 another account ?

crawful rocked here ? it was 1 month stupid. you must be smokin them rocks in your crystal bowl.
Knicksfan1
Veteran

Post#26 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:46 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Knicksfan1 wrote:Crawful sux in GS but rocked here... I wonder why... Maybe because the system... Can you tell me why Crawl was 45% from 3 here and then 32% there? Plz , tell me wit your crystal bowl :rofl: :rofl:

who gave jcrawford11 another account ?

crawful rocked here ? it was 1 month stupid. you must be smokin them rocks in your crystal bowl.

Srry i meant offensively... defensively he was invisible... But as hard as you bash him he was somewhat decent here and then turned horrible there
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,125

Post#27 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Id rather have Hughes than Q any damn day.

Im not expecting great things from Larry. But hes a good defender and can handle the ball. Lets just hope he keeps hittin threes at a 40 percent clip.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,125

Post#28 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:

You can be right but we dont know what Mike is going to do yet. But honestly Hughes is better than Q man. Hes a better defender, ball handler, and a better shooter. Only thing Q has over him is rebounding.

It will be interesting to see what coach does with these two guys though. I just dont think I can hate Larry more than I hate Q ha. But I guess we'll see.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#29 » by Paeds » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:07 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Id rather have Hughes than Q any damn day.

Im not expecting great things from Larry. But hes a good defender and can handle the ball. Lets just hope he keeps hittin threes at a 40 percent clip.

Exactly. I think larry is gonna surprised people. We def have alot of chuckers but hopefully Duhon and D'antoni can keep them in Line
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#30 » by Pedro Pistolas » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:07 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

You can be right but we dont know what Mike is going to do yet. But honestly Hughes is better than Q man. Hes a better defender, ball handler, and a better shooter. Only thing Q has over him is rebounding.

It will be interesting to see what coach does with these two guys though. I just dont think I can hate Larry more than I hate Q ha. But I guess we'll see.

The coach needs to swallow his pride and bench Q-bitch for the rest of the damn year. I've had it with this scrub.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#31 » by Smoke24 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:26 am

god shammgod wrote:

So, if we have one chucker with Larry, can we dub them Chuck & Larry?

Oh and they make Hughes sound like he's Ricky Davis. If thats true then...........
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#32 » by Bulls69 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:03 am

god shammgod wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
ITGM wrote:What we did was trade back for Jamal Crawford.

yeah but this crawful plays defense, although he blows a lot of open shots because he lives and dies on gambling for steals.

he also makes crawful look like a houston when it comes to shooting.

this is a perfect description of him. i have a terrible feeling they're going to make him a starter too. a lot of people complained to me about calling him garbage but after a few games i'm pretty sure everyone will see it the same way.

I tell you what Larry is going to piss alot of Knicks fans off he takes too many garbage shots.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,699

Post#33 » by cgf » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 am

I know he does, but there are a lot of good shots that are created by this offense so my hope is that a lot of the shots he chucks up will be decent shots and if he's hitting threes at 40% and playing good D than that's an incredible return on TT, JFat and Roberson.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#34 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:10 am

Hughes gets alot of bad press, but he's not so much a bad player as he is frustrating. When he was with the Cavs he played good defense and did everything he could to play within the teams scheme. He didn't like to play that way so he complained alot but at least he did it while he was here. What he will do that'll frustrate you and confound you is that he'll take some baffling shots that you will have you screaming "don't shoot" at your television. It's just how he is.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#35 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Hughes gets alot of bad press, but he's not so much a bad player as he is frustrating. When he was with the Cavs he played good defense and did everything he could to play within the teams scheme. He didn't like to play that way so he complained alot but at least he did it while he was here. What he will do that'll frustrate you and confound you is that he'll take some baffling shots that you will have you screaming "don't shoot" at your television. It's just how he is.

That makes the list: Hughes, Harrington, QRich, Effries, and Nate (sometimes)
Free Palestine
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,451

Post#36 » by Kidknick! » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:50 pm

He can't be as bad as Al "Nutso" Harrington. The human black hole...
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#37 » by god shammgod » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:
so whereas we had 1 chucker getting minutes before we now have two chuckers getting minutes. it's a downgrade as far as our overall team shooting ability.

as i said

Return to New York Knicks