ImageImageImageImageImage

Stephon Defends His Stay

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Duhon2Lee42
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Stephon Defends His Stay 

Post#21 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:07 pm

He didn't get along with Richardson, NAME 1 **** FAN WHO LIKES RICHARSON. Who's the multiple coaches that got fired because of him? Did Larry Brown get fired because of him or did Brown get fired BECAUSE US **** FANS WERE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD? Lets be serious here. We didn't have a team around Marbury.
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User

Post#22 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Our tumble to the bottom began when we traded the best player to ever put on a Knicks uniform. Blame management for that. We constantly trade for bad players, we constantly sign scrubs to huge contracts, we constantly trade picks, we constantly fire coaches, we constantly... WE CONSTANTLY DO EVERY **** THING WRONG! That's why we're here. From the players, to the coaches, to the management, to Dolan. THIS TEAM DOES NOTHING RIGHT! That's the bottomline.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#23 » by mugzi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Im not defending the Isiah era of managment, but if you think Steph is in the right here, you're insane and thats all I have to say about that.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
next2spike
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#24 » by next2spike » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:22 pm

mugzi, it would be nice to acknowledge the pro-Marbury posts that make since in this post. Your the one that's really on Marbury's balls, not his fans.
midtown
Veteran

Post#25 » by midtown » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:03 pm

NYSPORTSNUCCA wrote:
midtown wrote:Well.... Dolan brought Isiah and Isiah brought in Steph.

Now lets him put his money where his mouth is . Its not just rifing the Celtics banned 18 quest , he needs a new deal next year also....

A lot at stake. I hope he opens his mouth once he's allowed to and scares Boston off. Or, better yet, somebody else claims him off waivers messing the whole thing up

Why would you hope something like that??

See., Marbury isn't the only person thats to blame with the situation the Knicks are in and to put it precise., he da_n sure isn't the only one not taking blame. As fans we have to stand up and take some of the onus on ourselves.

It seems like Marbury isn't taking any of the blame because he's always having to defend him. Nearly every word out this guys mouth since he's been a Knick was to defend himself. How can anyone live like that?? Fans boo him, papers berate him and any interview he has done was for the sole purpose of making him look like a fool. So., he goes into defense mode and come across as belligerent and hostile. The attitude of some of you fans are the real cancer.

Oh.., I know. Let us "real fans" boo Patrick Ewing at the garden. Now he demands to be traded so, we lose an expiring max contract to appease him and we all know by now what followed. Oh.., but its not the "real fans'" fault. Its Pat fault for not being able to stand the pressure of being the man on a contending team.

Some New York fans got real nerves. We can boo Mariano Rivera after blowing one save but yet chant "MVP" for Kobe in the Garden on his way to torching us for 61, But.., we're not to blame when the players don't play hard and we lose. They're to blame. Now we cant even move on once things are said and done. We have to wish the worst for him. :noway:

Put some of the blame on ourselves along with management for the state of our team. Dont just put all of this on one single individual. Nobody else is accepting blame for this but., Steph have to???? C'MON.

Good point. Dolan is ultimately to blame for where this franchise has been over the last 8. I just hate Marbury , not hate in like wanna kill hate , just dislike what he represents. No doubt there are many others on that team that have disappointed me but Marbury seems to be the catalist
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,626

Post#26 » by DE FENSE » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:He didn't get along with Richardson, NAME 1 **** FAN WHO LIKES RICHARSON. Who's the multiple coaches that got fired because of him? Did Larry Brown get fired because of him or did Brown get fired BECAUSE US **** FANS WERE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD? Lets be serious here. We didn't have a team around Marbury.

When Q was playing with Marbury he was one of our best players and played hard when he was healthy. I liked him. Not anymore. But I did at the time.

Marbury may have been an "escapegoat" in your eyes, but he was also a knucklehead.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#27 » by mugzi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:00 pm

next2spike wrote:mugzi, it would be nice to acknowledge the pro-Marbury posts that make since in this post. Your the one that's really on Marbury's balls, not his fans.

First off, if you're going to address me try to form a coherent sentence. Secondly, its news to me that he has any fans, but I guess you're one of them. And lastly 98% of this board agrees with me on Marbury so move along and play the skin flute.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#28 » by mjhp911 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:04 pm

roy10 wrote:I think he's going to do just fine with the Celtics. Marbury has been humbled by his experience with the Knicks and he has a lot to prove. He'll probably be on his best behavior with the Celtics and he'll help them get another title or two.

In the end, Marbury was horrible for the Knicks, but he still has some skills and he's going to be great off the bech fro the Celtics.

Yeah, I would agree.

seren wrote:I kind of agree with this. Anything related to Marbs should be OT from now on. He is Boston's problem now. Enough already.

'Agree with that too.

He's no longer a Knick. I ain't gonna' bother with him much anymore. Though some will always be obsessed with him and probably update us here with all his latest exploits, good and bad. I'll boo him when he comes to the Garden, and I'll always hope for the Celtics to do badly. But whatever, he's no longer a Knick, so I ain't sweatin' it anymore.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#29 » by R-DAWG » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:52 pm

To be honest, i have been undecided as to what would be better for NY this year, make the playoffs as an 8th seed or get a better pick and better player for the future. Right now, all I want to do is make the playoffs as an 8th seed (not a 7th) and beat Boston and Marbury. I'd sign up to swept in the 2nd round and to lose all 4 of those games by 40 to send Marbury home in the 1st round.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#30 » by Smoke24 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:45 am

"The Ultimate trojan virus" :lol: Classic.
DoubtingThomas
Junior

Post#31 » by DoubtingThomas » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:17 am

The guy at the party everyone wants to leave and he doesn't know it is heading to the Celtics locker room. Good news for the Cavs and Magic.

Return to New York Knicks