ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NBA Games 3-9-09

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Re: OT: NBA Games 3-9-09 

Post#81 » by TheBluest » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:28 pm

TKF wrote:The most FT's roy has taken this year was 21, that was during his 52 point game vs the suns... I am sure star players will get those games where they go to the line a lot.. but look at roy's numbers.. He has plenty of games where he has scored 30+ points and shoots just 4 Ft's, 6,8.. the guy is just a flat out Shot maker!!!

There are plenty of variables. I'd take Roy's jumper over Wade's anyday but Wade is more in attack mode vs a player like Roy. Yes it probably has a lot to do with Wade knowing he'll get major consideration from the refs but nevertheless the more a player drives the more onus he puts on the refs to make calls. Roy is not ultra aggressive he's a killing them softly, don't wake a sleeping giant type of player. Roy also allows Steve Blake to be a point guard which means less time the ball is in his hands. Portland's offense is also ran a lot through Aldridge once again less time the ball is in Roy's hands. Then Portland actually has a real backup point guard in Sergio Rodriguez more time the ball isn't in Roy's hands therefore no Brandon Rhistle. Wade is the beneficiary of team makeup and reputation and league incompetency.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Post#82 » by RHODEY » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:43 pm

I find it interesting how you laud Roy for how he goes about playing the game yet apologize for No Sharrington A.K.A. Free Candy making excuses and highly appreciating the minute tangibles he brings to a team with his low IQ play. Talk about two players who approach the game total polar opposites of each other. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Meanwhile I agree with your take on Roy he's simply a wonderful 2guard and a top notch leader and team player.

Are you still thinking about that? Enough to hijack this thread? Dude get over yourself. :roll: I still like Al. :D

The things that many hate about Harrington game are things I also dont like. I hate his chucks when they dont go in. But I also acknowledge the strong points of his game. He's got several my friend. That is the problem with many poster here. TKF pointed this out when it comes to Wade. When someone is consider "good" they are considered beyond reproach. Conversely, the same thing applies to Harrington, whose approach to the game is sometimes flawed , yet his positives are routinely COMPLETELY ignored because again he considered %100 bad player. He is "NOSHARRINGTON" LOL whatever....

It's a 5th grade mentality. On many nights he has been an asset to this team and overall he is NOT a bad player. So if you are looking for some kinda pat on the back for pointing out some imagined inconstancy in an UNRELATED post, maybe you should look somewhere else cause you aint getting it from me. And do me a favor this time- don't bother creating a thread with a list of meaningless stats because I wont bother to read it.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#83 » by TKF » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:10 pm

TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:The most FT's roy has taken this year was 21, that was during his 52 point game vs the suns... I am sure star players will get those games where they go to the line a lot.. but look at roy's numbers.. He has plenty of games where he has scored 30+ points and shoots just 4 Ft's, 6,8.. the guy is just a flat out Shot maker!!!

There are plenty of variables. I'd take Roy's jumper over Wade's anyday but Wade is more in attack mode vs a player like Roy. Yes it probably has a lot to do with Wade knowing he'll get major consideration from the refs but nevertheless the more a player drives the more onus he puts on the refs to make calls. Roy is not ultra aggressive he's a killing them softly, don't wake a sleeping giant type of player. Roy also allows Steve Blake to be a point guard which means less time the ball is in his hands. Portland's offense is also ran a lot through Aldridge once again less time the ball is in Roy's hands. Then Portland actually has a real backup point guard in Sergio Rodriguez more time the ball isn't in Roy's hands therefore no Brandon Rhistle. Wade is the beneficiary of team makeup and reputation and league incompetency.

I agree with that, and you have to give wade credit.. if they are going to blow the whistle, then just put your head down and plow forward.... I hate it, because he goes in a lot of time with his feet and body twisted in a way which would make a shot impossible to go in, but contact with the defender inevitable.. wade has improved his shot, I will credit him for that, but I just think roy has the better midrange game... and underestimated elusiveness..

Return to New York Knicks