ImageImageImageImageImage

TKF's keys to the win...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

TKF's keys to the win... 

Post#1 » by TKF » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:58 am

Talk about a snore fest... the wolves came out with the intent of making this game ugly... Mission accomplished.. the knicks as expected fell into the trap, even after starting the game off as if they were going to blow the wolves out... I will say this, looking at the wolves individual stats, Telfair 20 points, miller with 10/10/7, gomes 28, smith 14, you thought they would have won this one, but the knicks finally wake up in the 4th quarter, sat Al harrington and chandler and nate took over..

Keys:

Lee: seemed to struggle early vs love, who seems to be a good young player, although he didn't have a good game tonight, he seemed to give lee trouble early.. Lee rebounded and came away with another double double.. 13/12 with 5 steals and 3 assists.. Not a bad game for lee... He still needs to work on boxing out..

Hughes: 12/4 and 3 steals. Not a great game for hughes, but he was active on defense, just didn't shoot the ball well. At least we know we are going to get a defensive effort from that position most nights..

Jeffries: 8/5 and 3 assists.. his numbers looked better than his game.. He did get his hands on a lot of lose balls, kept rebounds alive, and was active.. still missed a ton of layups and took shots he had no business taking.. typical jeffries mess of a game..

Q: 6/5 shot 2-6 from the field..... typical q brick game

Nate: not agreat game, but he closed the game out like you hoped he would. getting to the FT line, penetrating and causing havoc... Still has a lot to learn about the PG position, seemed to get outplayed by telfair at times, but then again, telfair had no answer for him.. in the end, nate was the more effective player if not PG.. 25/7/6/2 shot 5-15 from the field... odd thing is, this looks like a dwayne wade line...

Harrington : 12/3 shot 5-9 from thefield, but was banished to the bench in the 4th and that was crucial to our ball movment and wilson taking over the game.... Al wasn't playing that bad, but we all knew he would not let wilson do what he did tonight....

gallo: not a good game, kid has talent, but needs to get stronger, needs to start putting the ball on the floor more, he can do it, just needs to take that next step. Again he has a ways to go, but he also has a skillset to work with that gives you the confidence that he can.. shot 1-5 tonight. Had 3 points and 2 boards.. Life of a rookie, up and down, he has been more up than down, so lets hope he has a good game vs the cavs..

chandler: YOUNG FELLA... Carried the knicks tonight, 24/12/3/2, he came out balling and finished the game that way.. he hit big shot after big shot. got steals and was a man on the boards.. great game for wilson..

Knicks outboard wolves 50-41, they also had 15 steals.... the key tonight was the ball movement in the 4th. there was a play when the knick were up 5, I think... the knicks run a weave at the top of the key with wilson getting the ball on the curl, going into the lane and hitting a nice runner. Big shot, gave the wolves little hope of cutting the lead lower than 5.. this does not happen with harrington in the game.. sorry Al..

sloppy performance, we finish strong.. get needed win..

28-37 1/2 game out of the 8th spot..
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Re: TKF's keys to the win... 

Post#2 » by Rich2Hassan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:00 am

Just imagine where we would be at, if we would have beat the Bobcats, Nets. Ahhh these damn Knicks are always playing with us.
Heat President of TANK operations.
NYKnicksWC43
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by NYKnicksWC43 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:01 am

go ill will! cool, i think i'm actually first on tkf's keys.
"We worked hard, me and Gallo both, and we're just ready for the future. We're ready to be a contender in the NBA. Ready to win." - Wilson Chandler Knicks Forward 21
NYKnicksWC43
Junior

Post#4 » by NYKnicksWC43 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:01 am

aww fail, oh well knicks won so whatever.
"We worked hard, me and Gallo both, and we're just ready for the future. We're ready to be a contender in the NBA. Ready to win." - Wilson Chandler Knicks Forward 21
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#5 » by Smoke24 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:08 am

I'm still amazed that the knicks are playing with our emotions like we're the other man in a married woman's life.

Every time it seems like the woman is going to leave the other guy for us, she lets our hope down and gives us less self esteem in the process.

Translation: Knicks are giving fans hope, but are not the kind of team to be trusted at the moment or the type of team to get our hopes up for until a concrete playoff spot is in our hands.

Man, just keep winning and all will take care of itself.
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#6 » by NySpartan4 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:10 am

good keys TKF! i hope we keep this winning streak going and make the playoffs man. its about time. hopefully that would shut up the "tankers" and when its playoff time...its playoff time. you never know. anything is possible then. yea we are "supposed" to lose to cavs or celtics but u never know...maybe nate or harrington would catch on fire with good support from hughes, gallo and chandler and our 3's would keep on falling, we can take on any team (that is if there is no "crab dribble") :rofl:
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#7 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 am

We should be fighting for the 6th seed now, if this was our roster in the beginning of the year
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#8 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 am

I agree that Chandler was the one who carried the team tonight. But he really needs to improve his handles to be a consistent slashing threat. I like that he's the complete opposite of Nate: he always keeps a cool head and still gets the job done. Cold-blooded assassin.

And to be honest, the Wolves helped us win this one with all those bad passes. Their offense looked worse than Mr. Indiana's offense.
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#9 » by BelieveTheDream » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 am

im curious to why q and jeffries got decent minutes and gallo got pretty much nothing....
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#10 » by Paeds » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 am

25/7/6/2 shot 5-15 from the field... odd thing is, this looks like a dwayne wade line...

Nate has been playing like D. Wade for awhile now
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by TKF » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:19 am

Smoke24 wrote:I'm still amazed that the knicks are playing with our emotions like we're the other man in a married woman's life.

Every time it seems like the woman is going to leave the other guy for us, she lets our hope down and gives us less self esteem in the process.

Translation: Knicks are giving fans hope, but are not the kind of team to be trusted at the moment or the type of team to get our hopes up for until a concrete playoff spot is in our hands.

Man, just keep winning and all will take care of itself.

amen... great post..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by TKF » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:20 am

NySpartan4 wrote:good keys TKF! i hope we keep this winning streak going and make the playoffs man. its about time. hopefully that would shut up the "tankers" and when its playoff time...its playoff time. you never know. anything is possible then. yea we are "supposed" to lose to cavs or celtics but u never know...maybe nate or harrington would catch on fire with good support from hughes, gallo and chandler and our 3's would keep on falling, we can take on any team (that is if there is no "crab dribble") :rofl:

playoffs for guys like nate, lee, chandler and gallo would be great, especially if they go in and compete and not get blown out..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by TKF » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:22 am

BelieveTheDream wrote:im curious to why q and jeffries got decent minutes and gallo got pretty much nothing....

maybe defensive matchups.. gomes was hot, and mike probably felt jeffries was the matchup to go with.. who knows..
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,440

Post#14 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:24 am

Good recap TKF

Arhough the game dod have a choppy feel in the end this was a tough, gritty, old school win.

both teams were fighting, but our DEFENSE set the tone (hard to believe it).

btw, chandler, interviewed after the game (with an awesome game as it went on) kept saying "we have a lot of guys hurt"

I was like...

ummm who else but duhon and lee?

then we found out from mike d that nate has a stomach virus.

nate also talked about defense afterward as key.

this is the first time we've won 3 road games in 4 years.

also a season high 14 steals.

HUGHES, to me is the catalyst for us. he didn't have as good of an offensive game, but i feel he's affecting the team's play on the other end.

UMO jeffries played BIG, and Al sat, but we really showed the kind of way the old school fans have to respect, even if minny is not good.

they played HARD (Gomes impressed me), and it was a good game in the 4th.

who knows wat happens with us...

but we are showing heart like i have yet to see the knicks display in years.

ME HAPPY
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#15 » by Big C » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:24 am

Good win for the Knicks. The more Hughes and Nate play together in the backcourt the better it will be for the Knicks if they want to finish the season strong.
NySpartan4
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#16 » by NySpartan4 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:28 am

TKF wrote:
NySpartan4 wrote:good keys TKF! i hope we keep this winning streak going and make the playoffs man. its about time. hopefully that would shut up the "tankers" and when its playoff time...its playoff time. you never know. anything is possible then. yea we are "supposed" to lose to cavs or celtics but u never know...maybe nate or harrington would catch on fire with good support from hughes, gallo and chandler and our 3's would keep on falling, we can take on any team (that is if there is no "crab dribble") :rofl:

playoffs for guys like nate, lee, chandler and gallo would be great, especially if they go in and compete and not get blown out..

even if we DO get blown out, they will still and learn a lot from the experience and would try harder next year to be at the level AND succeed..
Bill Bradley: BNO doesn't annoy me with his pessimism. It's more about the very core of his being that I find annoying.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,442

Post#17 » by KnicksGod » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:29 am

Good keys. Good win. 1) Nate really calmed down and played a great second half, even a point guard type second half. And then 2) Wilson Chandl-ah, Wilson Chandl-ah, Wilson Chandl-ah.

I love how steady Wilson is. People need to think about how good defensively he is, how unselfish he is, how much he loves to take the big shot, and how mistake-free he is. The jumper is built on a great release and he's got great control at the rim. And this is all while he's essentially playing his rookie season.
AyAsiB KNICKS
Starter

Post#18 » by AyAsiB KNICKS » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:30 am

TKF wrote:
BelieveTheDream wrote:im curious to why q and jeffries got decent minutes and gallo got pretty much nothing....

maybe defensive matchups.. gomes was hot, and mike probably felt jeffries was the matchup to go with.. who knows..

yeah...i thought that also...nice recap TKF...keep it up bro
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by TKF » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:39 am

AyAsiB KNICKS wrote:
TKF wrote:

yeah...i thought that also...nice recap TKF...keep it up bro

thanks bro... I will..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by TKF » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:40 am

KnicksGod wrote:Good keys. Good win. 1) Nate really calmed down and played a great second half, even a point guard type second half. And then 2) Wilson Chandl-ah, Wilson Chandl-ah, Wilson Chandl-ah.

I love how steady Wilson is. People need to think about how good defensively he is, how unselfish he is, how much he loves to take the big shot, and how mistake-free he is. The jumper is built on a great release and he's got great control at the rim. And this is all while he's essentially playing his rookie season.

yea.. I think I would move him up ahead of Al thorton on the list of sophmores, but still behind durant of course and every so closely if not even with green..

Return to New York Knicks