ImageImageImageImageImage

OT-SLAUGHTERHOUSE "MOVE ON" VIDEO

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Re: OT-SLAUGHTERHOUSE "MOVE ON" VIDEO 

Post#21 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:43 am

TheBluest wrote:Cam'Ron...."I HATE MY JOB">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slaughterhouse...."Move On"

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... SmJ6mZnyTD

Though I am excited about him since he gotten away from Dipset.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#22 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
these dudes make boring music. lyrics aint everything. canibus could spit too. sellout shows in clubs the size of sob's don't pay what you think they do.

When was the last time Canibus ever did something to excite anyone? Matter of fact the last time you heard Canibus was on the Royce mixtape I believe. SOB's was one of the shows, but they also did Detroit. Once they all get done with the individual stuff this year, I have a feeling that they will make a lot more noise.

Apparently already it seems that people are iffy on the group or love em. Me personally I love em. Right now who really garners any attention? Kanye? Jamie Foxx? TI? Im done with those names, I cant even turn on the radio without hearing them.

i'm not talking about canibus now. i'm saying just spitting is not good enough. you need to make good songs with good production. or you fail like canibus did.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:45 am

these dudes make boring music. lyrics aint everything. canibus could spit too. sellout shows in clubs the size of sob's don't pay what you think they do.

lyrically these guys are slick, but as mentioned, the production is subpar, wack and the beats are boring... I just can't believe in this day and age, rappers have to have such wack beats.. It is boring.. lyrically, they are slick... other than that.... what else?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:47 am

god shammgod wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

When was the last time Canibus ever did something to excite anyone? Matter of fact the last time you heard Canibus was on the Royce mixtape I believe. SOB's was one of the shows, but they also did Detroit. Once they all get done with the individual stuff this year, I have a feeling that they will make a lot more noise.

Apparently already it seems that people are iffy on the group or love em. Me personally I love em. Right now who really garners any attention? Kanye? Jamie Foxx? TI? Im done with those names, I cant even turn on the radio without hearing them.

i'm not talking about canibus now. i'm saying just spitting is not good enough. you need to make good songs with good production. or you fail like canibus did.

Canibus could have been good but probably 3/4ths of his fan base didn't understand his music. Eventually they realized, I have no idea what he is saying.

As far as the whole beats thing go, I mean I like it when people use different beats for the most part. Look at AZ, his beats would never be used by anyone else for the most part. There so smooth and great really.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by TKF » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:53 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Cam'Ron...."I HATE MY JOB">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slaughterhouse...."Move On"

nova is nice... kid can flow... he went at cam on that one.. :lol:
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#26 » by TheBluest » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:54 am

Manhattan Project wrote:

Disgruntled artist trying to get his shine off of perfunctory deals gone bad and broken promises. Yeah Cam is the first artist to hustle a hustler. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cam has allowed room for criticism nevertheless the track is hot because he's talking about real life.

"You working on my future why you need to know my history"... "All he did was Google me no big mystery"
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#27 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:02 am

TKF wrote:
lyrically these guys are slick, but as mentioned, the production is subpar, wack and the beats are boring... I just can't believe in this day and age, rappers have to have such wack beats.. It is boring.. lyrically, they are slick... other than that.... what else?

it's really the downfall of a lot of artists. jadakiss is the name that comes to mind when i think about this. he can never deliver an album that's really good and this new one seems like it's going to disappoint as well. one of the best lyricists but just can't pick beats. he needs someone to executive produce his album and tell him what songs are good.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#28 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:05 am

Manhattan Project wrote:

i hope he don't get back with them. that jim jones album is like the worst thing i ever heard.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 am

god shammgod wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

i hope he don't get back with them. that jim jones album is like the worst thing i ever heard.

Im shocked that you had the guts to even listen to it. Recently a couple of solid CD's came out. The Saigon, Reks, Dashah among a few others. I got to listen to the Doom album, probably do that on the way to work tomorrow.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#30 » by TheBluest » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:18 am

god shammgod wrote:
TKF wrote:

it's really the downfall of a lot of artists. jadakiss is the name that comes to mind when i think about this. he can never deliver an album that's really good and this new one seems like it's going to disappoint as well. one of the best lyricists but just can't pick beats. he needs someone to executive produce his album and tell him what songs are good.

Jada's album sounds like it's going to be nice. You only need 3-4 songs with dope tracks and this he has. A full album yes Jada could do better with the tracks but let's not act like he hasn't had hits in the past with good tracks. "Who Run This"....."The Champ Is Back" nasty tracks assuming these last tracks will be on the The Last Kiss LP
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#31 » by Induveca » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:35 am

TKF wrote:

These guys will do one album, it will be a huge flop. Then they'll realize they made more money flopping solo, so they might as well flop as individual artists.........they'll get paid 75% more.

All these guys did was combine their collective powers of failure. I don't feel bad for them, because aside from Crooked I these guys have been pushing out horrible production/beats for the past decade. They don't learn.

I hope they prove me wrong.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#32 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:39 am

TheBluest wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
TKF wrote:

Jada's album sounds like it's going to be nice. You only need 3-4 songs with dope tracks and this he has. A full album yes Jada could do better with the tracks but let's not act like he hasn't had hits in the past with good tracks. "Who Run This"....."The Champ Is Back" nasty tracks assuming these last tracks will be on the The Last Kiss LP

jada has had good songs but the albums always are a let down. i've heard mostly sub par tracks so far for the last kiss. "who run this" is good but not great. i like the track with wayne "death wish". other then that, eh.
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,728

Post#33 » by ezmoney707 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 am

god shammgod wrote:
TKF wrote:

You can't say all of his albums had poor production and weren't good. Kiss of Death is one of my all time favorite hip hop albums. The production on that album flowed.

You really can't say since someone production was not the greatest, then they could not put together a good album. If that is the case then Nas's whole career would have flooped because he usually doesn't have the greatest production, but makes good music. I personally, even though i produce music, listen to Nas's lyrics and don't always listen for the beat.

That is what the problem is with hip-hop. If you have a hot beat you can sell, even if all you are saying is money and a$$ the whole time and If you don't have a good beat, then no one will pay attention to you even if your lyrics are raw.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by TKF » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:47 am

Induveca wrote:
TKF wrote:

These guys will do one album, it will be a huge flop. Then they'll realize they made more money flopping solo, so they might as well flop as individual artists.........they'll get paid 75% more.

All these guys did was combine their collective powers of failure. I don't feel bad for them, because aside from Crooked I these guys have been pushing out horrible production/beats for the past decade. They don't learn.

I hope they prove me wrong.

One of the best lines I have heard this year!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, good point.. when will they learn?
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#35 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:51 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
TKF wrote:

You can't say all of his albums had poor production and weren't good. Kiss of Death is one of my all time favorite hip hop albums. The production on that album flowed.

You really can't say since someone production was not the greatest, then they could not put together a good album. If that is the case then Nas's whole career would have flooped because he usually doesn't have the greatest production, but makes good music. I personally, even though i produce music, listen to Nas's lyrics and don't always listen for the beat.

That is what the problem is with hip-hop. If you have a hot beat you can sell, even if all you are saying is money and a$$ the whole time and If you don't have a good beat, then no one will pay attention to you even if your lyrics are raw.

i'm saying it. 75% of kiss of death is boring as hell. and everybody knows all of nas's albums after illmatic have been half terrible. that mutha **** let chris webber make beats on his album. what is wrong with him ?
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by TKF » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:56 am

god shammgod wrote:
TKF wrote:

he does have a good radio jam with Neo "right by my side".. he seems to pull one of those out every now and then, but it is not his best work ( it is a radio jam..LOL) and never really are BIG hits... But you are right, his albums never do that well, he is one of my favorite lyricist, but he needs better beats..

On the other hand, a much inferior rapper " jeezy" on his recession album had some real nice beats.. when did these great lyrycist all of a sudden fall behind on the production end? wow.....
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#37 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:15 am

Jada's first album was dope, but leaked crazy early and sales crashed. Kiss The Game Goodbye = Very good album...Kiss of Death = Decent but disappointing.

As far as the Slaughterhouse album, I don't sweat production as much as lyricism and flow...so I'm extremely hyped for this album. Ortiz and Crooked I stay beasting on these tracks.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#38 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:18 am

TKF wrote:

he does have a good radio jam with Neo "right by my side".. he seems to pull one of those out every now and then, but it is not his best work ( it is a radio jam..LOL) and never really are BIG hits... But you are right, his albums never do that well, he is one of my favorite lyricist, but he needs better beats..

On the other hand, a much inferior rapper " jeezy" on his recession album had some real nice beats.. when did these great lyrycist all of a sudden fall behind on the production end? wow.....

I think part of it is just lack of appreciation for great lyricists these days. Jada killed his verse on the remix to "So Fly" too, so he's got plenty of exposure. The LOX had a sick track drop that nobody gave air time but Sheek came out and stole that track to me, just ripped it to pieces. I think Jada has had some sick tracks over really simple beats and never needed over the top production costs to sell (shiny suits don't work with the LOX). He's had some hot tracks with production that wasn't really difficult (Champ is Here with Ali...mixtape version for example).
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#39 » by Da_Mane_Man » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 am

oh please!! royce has whole mixtapes with primo beats. don't tell me he doesn't know how to pick beats.

jeezy has those kinds of beats because he can't rap. he needs beats to overshadow his horrendous lyrics. when you have 4 lyricists like this you just need a simple beat. they're trying to show their skills not trying to make a club banger.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,530

Post#40 » by Fat Kat » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:oh please!! royce has whole mixtapes with primo beats. don't tell me he doesn't know how to pick beats.

jeezy has those kinds of beats because he can't rap. he needs beats to overshadow his horrendous lyrics. when you have 4 lyricists like this you just need a simple beat. they're trying to show their skills not trying to make a club banger.

Exactly. Lyrics are what drive an album for me. I have their mixtape and it's great. I think part of the problem in music, are fans that are focused on sales and not what actually appealing to the ears.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks