ImageImageImageImageImage

stein writes: darko for qrich by weeks end

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: stein writes: darko for qrich by weeks end 

Post#81 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:35 pm

GuyverADL wrote:
god shammgod wrote:who said anything about the playoffs, getting rid of q-rich is an accomplishment all by itself.

I understand but dudes are acting like this a steal like the Hughs and Wilcox trades. :lol:

Memphis is probably hyped to get Q Rich. :lol:

why is it funny that the Huges and WIlcox trades were a steal? They were! We dumped garbage and got back useful players even though they didnt give us enough of a boost to make the playoffs
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#82 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:37 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
GuyverADL wrote:
god shammgod wrote:who said anything about the playoffs, getting rid of q-rich is an accomplishment all by itself.

I understand but dudes are acting like this a steal like the Hughs and Wilcox trades. :lol:

why is it funny that the Huges and WIlcox trades were a steal? They were! We dumped garbage and got back useful players even though they didnt give us enough of a boost to make the playoffs

Hughs stop shooting

Wilcox warming the bench.

They were VERY useful. :roll:
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#83 » by I am Ra » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:38 pm

GuyverADL wrote:Hughs stop shooting

Wilcox warming the bench.

They were VERY useful. :roll:

They were both better players than what we had. Also opened up roster spots.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#84 » by Thorn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:39 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
GuyverADL wrote:

Quoted for truth.

As to the subject at hand I would love to pick up Darko in a swap for Q, it helps us fill a need at center while removing a player on the decline who is redundant.

Silly thing not to be into in my opinion. Is either player an all star? No but I think if anyone can get "more" out of Darko it is Coach D. The system alone will inflate his numbers and give him added productivity. I think the kid would do well here.
DrSithMirth
Head Coach
And1: 11
Location: The Black Lodge. Raise up off me, lest you find yourself with us. Under the sycamore trees..

Post#85 » by DrSithMirth » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Pharmcat wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=TradeChatter-090624

assuming darko isnt needed in any draft day deal

im all for this, darko in this system is intriguing

Yeah, I'd take that trade. And perhaps it's part of the process that they switch draft picks as well (cash included, I'd surmise).

Yeah, that would work for both teams.
Cheers, Dr. SithMirth
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#86 » by cgf » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:41 pm

GuyverADL wrote:
cgf wrote:we're trading trash for younger more useful trash :dontknow:

Old sh*t stinks just like new sh*t

Now i see why isiah kept trying to make blockbuster trades, because we unfortunately have moron fans who can't realize that you don't have to get back a potential allstar to make a good trade.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#87 » by j4remi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:44 pm

cgf wrote:
GuyverADL wrote:
cgf wrote:we're trading trash for younger more useful trash :dontknow:

Old sh*t stinks just like new sh*t

Now i see why isiah kept trying to make blockbuster trades, because we unfortunately have moron fans who can't realize that you don't have to get back a potential allstar to make a good trade.

You know the rules! ALLSTAR OR BUST!
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#88 » by god shammgod » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Thorn wrote:
Quoted for truth.

As to the subject at hand I would love to pick up Darko in a swap for Q, it helps us fill a need at center while removing a player on the decline who is redundant.

Silly thing not to be into in my opinion. Is either player an all star? No but I think if anyone can get "more" out of Darko it is Coach D. The system alone will inflate his numbers and give him added productivity. I think the kid would do well here.

i don't give a flying **** how he does. just get rid of q **** rich. mark stein's source better not be tommy dee or the talking octopus or somebody who works in the mail room of msg or any of these other fake losers. you better be right on this one marc stein or i might have to find you and **** you up. getting me all worked up. **** a q-rich. make this **** happen jesus.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#89 » by Red Vines » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Hell yeah.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#90 » by RutgersBJJ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:49 pm

i would rather just not watch Q play anymore. I have honestly always felt that he has been terrible since leaving the Clippers. When he was on the Clippers he actually still used his above average post game and inside game. Since Phx he has just been a chucker, and a terrible one at that. He was never a good shooter, just a volume one. It is why Phx was so happy to get rid of him and get quality in return.

getting rid of Q is addition by subtraction. It means his 20 mpg can be allocated to Gallo and Gallo can come in next year getting 30 mpg. Won't it be awesome to actually see someone who can shoot for extended minutes on the court?
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#91 » by method » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Great trade count me in.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#92 » by kosmovitelli » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Johnny Hoops wrote:Can someone please tell me why Memphis would trade Darko (24) and less $ to the Knicks for Fat-Rich (29) and more $?

Please get this one done Donnie.

According to the article :

Sources say that the proposed swap would send Milicic to the Knicks for swingman Quentin Richardson and cash. Milicic is scheduled to earn $7.5 million next season in the final year of a three-year deal he received from the Griz in 2007; Richardson has a player option for next season at $8.7 million.

The Grizzlies indeed add $1.2M with the trade so I guess Donnie would add $3M cash. Then the Grizzlies would make a profit : $1.8M

You gotta be creative when you have little assets to make things happen. I like what Donnie's doing, turning Malik Rose into Chris Wilcox and Q-Rich into Darko. Bigger players (size) and younger players.

Malik Rose and Q were worthless for us so anything Wilcox (if resigned for one more season) and Darko can give is a bonus. Darko would also be competition for Eddy Curry.

Good trade for the Knicks.
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#93 » by haterade » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:08 pm

I like the trade for the Knicks, Darko is young and can rebound plus he's a 7 footer. The Knicks an finally have someone over 6'10 on the floor who can rebound and do something inside. I like Darko just for the fact that he will contest shots and is tall. He's still an expiring so if he doesn't work out its a 1 year rental. Oh and remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_tw4t2CMc
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#94 » by blueNorange » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:08 pm

i'm down with the clown.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#95 » by Huey Freeman » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:14 pm

I wonder if this trade will be held up by "high-fiving"
Revolution starts in the mind...
can o peas
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#96 » by can o peas » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:15 pm

WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#97 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:16 pm

I'll do it. Gets rich of QBrick and we get a David Lee replacement for less money.
bkknicks19
Rookie
And1: 213

Post#98 » by bkknicks19 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:25 pm

Not that I think Darko will be the answer to the knicks problems but this is a potentially smart move because:

1- If both players are in fact trash, a younger pile of trash will be more valuable than an older pile of trash with injury history (back problems)

2- A 7ft player is more valuable then a average sized SG, especially if again, both are piles of trash anyway

3- Darkp actually does have potential to be anywhere from decent to pretty good, especially in this system. In his final season with the orlando magic, he played the most games of his career, avergaed career minutes along with damn decent stats: http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/830/darko_milicic/

Orlando does have a system that is similar to ours and remember, Darko was also playing next to Dwight Howard putting up decent stats. Again, not saying Darko is guaranteed to help us but he is potentially way more useful then q rich anyway so why not make the move if it doesn't hurt the overall plan. The knicks have had no inside presence for years and this guy could be someone that fits very well in a D'antoni system. And if not, he is just a 1 year rental that will be more valuable to us in a trade than q rich simpply because of his size alone.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#99 » by Johnny Hoops » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:33 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:
Johnny Hoops wrote:Can someone please tell me why Memphis would trade Darko (24) and less $ to the Knicks for Fat-Rich (29) and more $?

Please get this one done Donnie.

According to the article :

Sources say that the proposed swap would send Milicic to the Knicks for swingman Quentin Richardson and cash. Milicic is scheduled to earn $7.5 million next season in the final year of a three-year deal he received from the Griz in 2007; Richardson has a player option for next season at $8.7 million.

The Grizzlies indeed add $1.2M with the trade so I guess Donnie would add $3M cash. Then the Grizzlies would make a profit : $1.8M

You gotta be creative when you have little assets to make things happen. I like what Donnie's doing, turning Malik Rose into Chris Wilcox and Q-Rich into Darko. Bigger players (size) and younger players.

Malik Rose and Q were worthless for us so anything Wilcox (if resigned for one more season) and Darko can give is a bonus. Darko would also be competition for Eddy Curry.

Good trade for the Knicks.

Absolutely agree from a Knicks standpoint -- just don't see the Grizz angle unless they know they are on Thabeet at #2 and want to move Darko before he's the 3rd string center.

Maybe they feel Q could be some time of locker room vet that they may be missing with all the young guys.

I would love Darko over here for Q.

Now I want the Sergio deal to go down with the #24.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#100 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:35 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:I'll do it. Gets rich of QBrick and we get a David Lee replacement for less money.

:roll:

on what planet is Darko a replacement for lee?

Return to New York Knicks