ImageImageImageImageImage

Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional" 

Post#81 » by nykfan70 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:31 pm

OaksNoJoke wrote:The colon cleansing thing is dead on. With a guy that big, he can easily lose 15-25 lbs of just partially undigested material.
It's gross, but true.
The trainer is not wrong. It will be impossible for Curry to get to 285 by season's start. He's just slipped too far. The strategy the trainer is going for is to gain as much muscle as possible and rev up the metabolism. Then he will shed more fat as the season goes.
Expect that Curry will show more explosion, but not have the wind to play major minutes at first.
IF and thats a big word, McCurry keeps it up, expect a body and style more similar to Shaq than David Robinson. He will add explosive power, but have to go in shorter intervals. Expect them to switch curry with either Hill or Milicic to balance out the time at C.
But do not expect curry to play more than 10-15 min to start the season. He probably will not be effective at more time than that.

If the trainer said more about what he was doing exactly, that would provide a lot of answers. But the colon cleanse is the first thing, and should be a great indication. This guy knows his stuff, because that is a technique usually done by elite bodybuilders when cycling.

I feel good about this trainer.

Sure he might be a very good trainer, but he doesn't need to call out any coach about their expectations of Curry or any other player this trainer handles, what he needed to do was explain this to the Head Coach in person not through the NYC Media, they tend to blow things out of proportion as we all know.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#82 » by nyknicks09 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:33 pm

OaksNoJoke wrote:The colon cleansing thing is dead on. With a guy that big, he can easily lose 15-25 lbs of just partially undigested material.
It's gross, but true.
The trainer is not wrong. It will be impossible for Curry to get to 285 by season's start. He's just slipped too far. The strategy the trainer is going for is to gain as much muscle as possible and rev up the metabolism. Then he will shed more fat as the season goes.
Expect that Curry will show more explosion, but not have the wind to play major minutes at first.
IF and thats a big word, McCurry keeps it up, expect a body and style more similar to Shaq than David Robinson. He will add explosive power, but have to go in shorter intervals. Expect them to switch curry with either Hill or Milicic to balance out the time at C.
But do not expect curry to play more than 10-15 min to start the season. He probably will not be effective at more time than that.

If the trainer said more about what he was doing exactly, that would provide a lot of answers. But the colon cleanse is the first thing, and should be a great indication. This guy knows his stuff, because that is a technique usually done by elite bodybuilders when cycling.

I feel good about this trainer.

The colon cleansing will help him big time but he needs to continue eating healthy foods. No more fried chicken for Eddy Curry.
New York Knicks
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,060

Post#83 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Would you rather have a weakened, starved for 4 months guy come in at 285 to satisfy your girlish desire to see a certain weight or would you rather have a guy come in who spent 4 months transforming his flabby body into muscle and weighs 315 but is solid?

I don't know which one we'll see in camp, if either one, but I'm not so fixated on a number like many of you gossip girls are.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#84 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:56 pm

LOL at a colon cleansing removing 15 pounds of debris.

The detoxification process before the procedure probably lost him 10-12 pounds.

My suite mate lost that during finals week in college. Drinking liquids or just not eating for a week will trim off weight in a hurry. Not very heathy though.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Eddy Curry forgets his shoes for Walsh 

Post#85 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:14 pm

What has two thumbs and forgot to bring his basketball shoes to the workout that Walsh was specifically attending in order to monitor their progress?

...this guy.

I just read in the Daily News that Walsh went to check on Curry and watch his workout/drills...

Fat ass forgot his shoes...

Great job Curry, can't wait for the season to start.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... vegas.html
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Judah
Senior

Re: Eddy Curry forgets his shoes for Walsh 

Post#86 » by Judah » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Already Posted: viewtopic.php?t=927397

IB4TL.
BAT 8.0 - LA Clippers
HC: Erik Spoelstra
PG: Russell Westbrook/Aaron Brooks/Keyon Dooling
SG: Anthony Morrow/John Salmons
SF: Shane Battier/CJ Miles/Gary Forbes
PF: Serge Ibaka/Channing Frye
C: Kendrick Perkins/Chuck Hayes
focusright876@gmail.com
nykfan70
Banned User

Post#87 » by nykfan70 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:18 pm

This has already been covered your a little late with this one.
darkjedi4z
Sixth Man
And1: 47

Post#88 » by darkjedi4z » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:20 pm

ib4tl

yeah, Herb Williams had to sit on the side sporting Curry's flipflops... :lol:
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#89 » by nyknicks09 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Walsh is a smart man. He rather see Curry in better shape. Maybe he left his shoes just to take the attention off his weight problems.
New York Knicks
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#90 » by Jose7 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Breaking News: Curry says Herb Williams' shoes added 20 extra pounds when he was weighed.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#91 » by hatnlvr » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:23 pm

There calling this a red flag as to "true" commitment. He should have known better and not shown up in flip-flops.
ImageImage
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#92 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Sorry, didn't realize this was already posted.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#93 » by mjhp911 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:30 pm

hatnlvr wrote:There calling this a red flag as to "true" commitment. He should have known better and not shown up in flip-flops.

Yeesh, no matter how much weight he loses, he'll still be the same unmotivated, slacking turd as ever...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#94 » by TKF » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:32 pm

2010 wrote:
omerome wrote:Wait so 285 is scrawny now? Hmm..interesting.

It is when you are a 6'11" big boned grown ass man. I am 5'10.5" and I weight 220lbs and I'm not fat by any means. I'm stocky with muscle mass. So in proportion, Curry as a much larger man than myself who is big-boned will have a hard time getting down to 285lbs at this point in his life as a fully-matured grown man. He is not a rookie anymore. I care less about his weight # than I do about his conditioning and his fat % content.

same here bro. Pretty much exact weight and height, but my wife would like too see me at 190, and I am going through this boxing bootcamp in a month, so by the end of the camp, I should be down at least 20 pounds.... I might be sparring with some guys in the 190 range so, who knows...
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#95 » by hatnlvr » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:36 pm

To say 285 at 6'11" is scrawny is delusional. Maybe Curry doesn't have the body makeup to get down to a manageable weight but just look at most of the bigs in the league 6'10 & Up all weighing in between 240 - 260.

Right now all Curry has lost is water weight; until he starts to add muscle and lose the blubber he will have a hard time maintaining a sensible weight.

He may be big boned but his issue is fat %. He has to cut down the body fat and add muscle.
ImageImage
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#96 » by mjhp911 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:45 pm

People were complaining when Shaq, at 7'1", went up to 330. But I do agree with the camp that says Curry's conditioning also matters. If Eddy can get up and down the floor, at 320 or whatever, then it's all good. I just can't see that happening consistently (him getting up and down the floor at his present weight, 335, or thereabouts).
dk7th
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#97 » by dk7th » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:52 pm

hatnlvr wrote:To say 285 at 6'11" is scrawny is delusional. Maybe Curry doesn't have the body makeup to get down to a manageable weight but just look at most of the bigs in the league 6'10 & Up all weighing in between 240 - 260.

Right now all Curry has lost is water weight; until he starts to add muscle and lose the blubber he will have a hard time maintaining a sensible weight.

He may be big boned but his issue is fat %. He has to cut down the body fat and add muscle.

exactly-- his body fat percentage is the most accurate way to measure if he is fit to play. even if gets down to 300 pounds he will still have a body fat percentage of close to 20% which is simply unacceptable if not entirely unique. it's the last 20 pounds of abdominal fat packed hard and solid in his viscera that is the final step-- and almost impossible to get rid of unless he possesses tremendous willpower which of course he doesn't. you can build up your muscle mass and still be carrying around 20 pounds of hardened blubber in your belly. try walking around with a medicine ball around your waist and you'll get some idea of how hard it is to move with any agility, let alone jump.

the trainer saying he needs to build muscle is sidestepping the issue or is simply not stating that this is a step in a process wherein the muscle mass helps to rev his metabolism such that he can get to a goal of 280 pounds.
RealGM
And1: 39,215

Post#98 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:14 pm

TKF wrote:
2010 wrote:
omerome wrote:Wait so 285 is scrawny now? Hmm..interesting.

It is when you are a 6'11" big boned grown ass man. I am 5'10.5" and I weight 220lbs and I'm not fat by any means. I'm stocky with muscle mass. So in proportion, Curry as a much larger man than myself who is big-boned will have a hard time getting down to 285lbs at this point in his life as a fully-matured grown man. He is not a rookie anymore. I care less about his weight # than I do about his conditioning and his fat % content.

same here bro. Pretty much exact weight and height, but my wife would like too see me at 190, and I am going through this boxing bootcamp in a month, so by the end of the camp, I should be down at least 20 pounds.... I might be sparring with some guys in the 190 range so, who knows...

Good luck with trying to get down to that 190lb mark bruh. I have went hard since I've matured as a man to try to get below that 200lb mark and it just hasn't happened. At this point in my life I think I'd be hard-pressed to get there since dudes who are built like us (while we aren't that tall) still have a wide frame with natural muscle mass. I was once told my neck looks like it belongs on a pitbull, LOL. When people meet me the first thing they ask is if I play football. Lived in NJ and people used to run up on me thinking I was Derrick Ward when I would be in Secaucus shopping near Giants Stadium (probably helped that I drive a Benz truck with 22" rims), LOL. Man I don't even lift weights anymore and just stick to calisthetics cuz at this point last thing I want is muscle mass. I just try to stay lean and mean. But forreal my neck and head alone makes me think I won't ever drop below the 200lb mark but good luck with that...YOUR WIFE IS A BEAST giving u that goal, LOL. That's like Tyson in his early 30's being expected to hit 190lbs. Yo, I used to box and I'm really interested in if you get there so can you please post some details of that regimen and maybe I can use some of it as I work out on my own and see what kinda results I get. If you want you can contact me by email if you don't wanna put it on the board...let me know.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#99 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Listen up NITWITS Curry needs to be on the downside of 300lbs it's not debatable.

I'm getting a kick out dudes trying to act like they're Nutritionists and Physical trainers. Curry has spent two seasons with knee problems and it isn't a coincidence that as he started to go Hot Air Ballon Michellin on us he started to have major knee problems. Then add the fact this Good Year Blimpie's Samich is playing in SSOL... which is a high octane system that demands Top physical condition where players play more possessions in a game and get up and down the court more... which means wear and tear on the body in particular the legs. For SSOL sakes an overall conditioned Liquored up Duhon who probably had the most loose body on the team broke down... so we know a 330+ pound Swollen Chubba The Hut won't last 3mos if he isn't in the best shape of his professional life.

After reading some posts a lot of dudes must be either

or

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#100 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:35 pm

LOL at TKF and 2010 being an inch taller than my girl and 70 pounds heavier.

Muscle mass? LOL at 70 pounds of lean muscle mass.

Return to New York Knicks