ImageImageImageImageImage

Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional" 

Post#41 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Curry's problem is he likely NOT going to stay on a strict diet and is going to slowly put the pounds back on when the season starts.
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#42 » by duhon-duhon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:08 pm

2010 wrote:So basically you're calling me and the trainer a liar, being that I said on the first page of this thread

Find the quote you said you're too lazy to dig up.

Problem solved.
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,310

Post#43 » by NewEra » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

uh oh!

BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#44 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:19 pm

duhon-duhon wrote:
2010 wrote:So basically you're calling me and the trainer a liar, being that I said on the first page of this thread

Problem solved.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/13/sports/basketball/13knicks.html?ref=basketball

Curry is listed at 285 pounds, but has not played at that weight in many years. D’Antoni said he would like to see Curry in the 290- to 300-pound range. Weight has been a sensitive issue for Curry, and no one would say what he weighs now.

At his worst point, Curry reached 365 pounds, according to a person with close ties to Curry who had access to the information.

Might as well say they want him to be close to 285lbs Very well could read 285lb to slightly under 300lbs. Bottom lime we're getting the Curry the seasons before last yr in which he really spun out of control. Problem is Curry wasn't even that good nor in shape during those seasons.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#45 » by NYKAL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:25 pm

sonny wrote:
2010 wrote:
Curry weighs 328, Weatherspoon said, 30 pounds lighter than when he started a strict diet and fitness regimen in late May. For the first five days of the program, Curry was limited to fresh-squeezed juices and broths while he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

man, you'd be surprised how much anyone of us would lose if we took a colon cleanser. I was talking to my cousin who works for John Hopkins and he said most people have pounds of undigested (mostly red meat) inside them. That 15pounds for someone Eddy's height alone was not considered a lot.

Most average sized folk (not talking average obese which is becoming the standard in this country) have around 5-10 pounds of undigested redmeat and other food products. Other than the red meat mainly by products and synthetics the body has a hard time digesting.
Big C
RealGM

Post#46 » by Big C » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:27 pm

I have to agree with Thomas Weatherspoon on this one. Let me also point out that Eddy's trainer is no joke. That being said, if Eddy comes into camp weighing 300-315 that is not something bad if Eddy is in shape.
KnickswiththeKnack
Starter
And1: 348

Post#47 » by KnickswiththeKnack » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:29 pm

I honestly don't understand what the obsession with his weight is, like he's a boxer who has to make weight or like he's a fashion model or something.

285, 300, 310, I don't care... as long as the dude can play with reasonable ability. If he's putting on muscle, he's gonna weigh more, we all know that. All I care about is can the dude produce. At this point, we know he's not gonna be the Knicks' star center, so let's just focus on getting the most out of him, regardless of weight...
"...and now aaaaaaalll the Knicks with the knack" - Walt "Clyde" Frazier
Big C
RealGM

Post#48 » by Big C » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:32 pm

TheBluest wrote:
duhon-duhon wrote:

Problem solved.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/13/sports/basketball/13knicks.html?ref=basketball

Curry is listed at 285 pounds, but has not played at that weight in many years. D’Antoni said he would like to see Curry in the 290- to 300-pound range. Weight has been a sensitive issue for Curry, and no one would say what he weighs now.

At his worst point, Curry reached 365 pounds, according to a person with close ties to Curry who had access to the information.

Might as well say they want him to be close to 285lbs Very well could read 285lb to slightly under 300lbs. Bottom lime we're getting the Curry the seasons before last yr in which he really spun out of control. Problem is Curry wasn't even that good nor in shape during those seasons.

Good point. Let me also point out that just because people did not read that Mike D'Antoni wants Eddy Curry at 285 does not mean Mike D'Antoni or Walsh did not tell Eddy's trainer that to his face. It is very possible that Mike D'Antoni and Don Walsh had a sit down with Weatherspoon and told him their expectations.
can o peas
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#49 » by can o peas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:41 pm

well d'antoni said he wants eddy at 290-300 lbs. and the trainer says 300-315 lbs. if they meet at 300 lbs. I think that would make everyone happy (including the media and fans).
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#50 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:46 pm

Big C wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
duhon-duhon wrote:

Problem solved.

Good point. Let me also point out that just because people did not read that Mike D'Antoni wants Eddy Curry at 285 does not mean Mike D'Antoni or Walsh did not tell Eddy's trainer that to his face. It is very possible that Mike D'Antoni and Don Walsh had a sit down with Weatherspoon and told him their expectations.

Bottom line the way this is being handled and bantered about through the media is only making matters worse.

- WALSHED UP publicly talking through the media ordering Curry to get into shape

- WASLHED UP ordering him publicly to attend Camp when it was stated earlier that he'd be running with the SL squad

- D'Antoni stating what he wants his target weight to be

- His trainer is calling out our suits about his target weight

- Through the media we have found out approximately what Curry's highest weights were

- Through the media there was a FUDGING on how much weight he's actually lost

- The weight lost was from his highest weight which doesn't say much

- Through the media we have found out he's really only lost 15lbs from working out after 3mos, the other 15lbs was from a colon cleansing.... which anyone could do to drop weight athlete or not

- Through the media we have learned he shows up to camp in Flip-Flops

All these on lookers and advanced scouts are getting this info and much more mind you. Not a good look by any means. This really has been the story of the summer. Pretty sad and pathetic.
can o peas
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#51 » by can o peas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:48 pm

KnickswiththeKnack wrote:I honestly don't understand what the obsession with his weight is, like he's a boxer who has to make weight or like he's a fashion model or something.

285, 300, 310, I don't care... as long as the dude can play with reasonable ability. If he's putting on muscle, he's gonna weigh more, we all know that. All I care about is can the dude produce. At this point, we know he's not gonna be the Knicks' star center, so let's just focus on getting the most out of him, regardless of weight...

well body fat % should be more important than the weight I agree. I said under 10% but realistically anything under 13% would be acceptable for him (the most at this year's draft was 12.4%).
RealGM
And1: 39,134

Post#52 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:57 pm

TheBluest wrote:
duhon-duhon wrote:

Problem solved.

Thanks! This Duhon-Duhon character is a real dicchead.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#53 » by nykfan70 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:59 pm

2010 wrote:
LAS VEGAS - Eddy Curry showed he has his weight and his game back under control during a two-day visit to the NBA Summer League. But his personal strength coach, Thomas Weatherspoon, emphasized that the Knicks should not expect him to show up for training camp at his fictitiously listed weight of 285.

"Honestly, when coaches are saying he has to get back to 285, they're delusional," said Weatherspoon, who came with Curry for a midsummer progress report. "They don't have a clue; that's not where he can go. If he goes back to 285, that would make him a scrawny kid. One of the things we're doing is adding more muscle now."

Curry weighs 328, Weatherspoon said, 30 pounds lighter than when he started a strict diet and fitness regimen in late May. For the first five days of the program, Curry was limited to fresh-squeezed juices and broths while he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

Although Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are outwardly pleased by the 6-11 center's recommitment, there were still a few caution flags. Curry arrived knowing he was expected to be on the court but did not bring sneakers. He borrowed assistant coach Herb Williams' Nikes for both practices. Williams stood in Curry's flip-flops on the sideline.

The goal for the next six weeks, in theory, is to replace the fat with muscle. "Re-sculpting the body," Weatherspoon says.

So the actual weight goal, he said, is between 300 to 315 pounds by training camp.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spknix ... 6101.story

This dude needs to stick to training and less talk, his people skills suck, this is something that doesn't need to be aired in public via the media, this could hurt Walsh's chances of dealing Curry, it's unprofessional, and irresponsible of this moron to say anything to the press about this issue.
As far as Curry not bringing sneakers with him, he has his head up his fat bloated ass, what a moron!.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#54 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:00 pm

2010 wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
duhon-duhon wrote:

Problem solved.

Thanks! This Duhon-Duhon character is a real dicchead.

Coke it's been that way for quite some time. This is the second time I've had to calm him down a thousand by constantly trying to stick his breast out.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#55 » by truth serum » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm

I gotta say...some of you are being a little too harsh. I know Eddy has disappointed us many a time...but let the guy live. He's lost 30 pounds in 2 months, and you got TheBluest still screaming about his weight, having a conniption about his sneakers like Curry raped his mother. How much can you possibly bitch and moan in one day? Let's be glad he's finally putting in some work and hope for the best here.

To be honest, it seems like Curry has been working his ass off. I'm proud of him, and I'll be pulling for him all season long. Eddy's a good guy no matter how much he weighs or how many rebounds and blocks he averages for a season. Take a chill pill.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#56 » by mugzi » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Normally I dont agree with the bluest doom and gloom attitude, but he's right here. Dude lost 15lbs from a colon cleanse, meaning he's really only lost 15lbs.

He probably loses that much each time he drops a deuce.

This is very disappointing and not very surprising, how the F do u show up to practice in flip flops, this guy hasn't learned jack and he's going to be very difficult to move 4 an expiring.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer

Post#57 » by duhon-duhon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:27 pm

TheBluest wrote:Coke it's been that way for quite some time. This is the second time I've had to calm him down a thousand by constantly trying to stick his breast out.

Good grief your reading comprehension is abysmal.

The dude was offended someone wasn't "believing" him about the D'Antoni. I suggested finding the quote and ending the drama. You and chucklehead read that as some sort of indirect commentary on what D'Antoni actually did or did not say.

But you found the quote. That was the point. Now we ALL know what was actually said and can evaluate the response in context.

And you're whining about it...
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#58 » by nyknicks09 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Keep it going Eddy. We need you to come in the best shape you can before training camp. I know how he feels cause I had to shed 40 pounds myself to get back my normal weight. Now, I only need to get back into football(soccer) shape and I'm back into playing 90+ minutes of football and full court basketball without feeling pain on my left knee. The good thing about me is that I sweat a lot when I do cardio/run so is going to feel great when I start joining the football club my friends being asking me to join. Now the only problem I have is putting down the rice. I need to start eating less rice and more fruits.
New York Knicks
RealGM
And1: 39,134

Post#59 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:31 pm

duhon-duhon wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Coke it's been that way for quite some time. This is the second time I've had to calm him down a thousand by constantly trying to stick his breast out.

Good grief your reading comprehension is abysmal.

The dude was offended someone wasn't "believing" him about the D'Antoni. I suggested finding the quote and ending the drama. You and chucklehead read that as some sort of indirect commentary on what D'Antoni actually did or did not say.

But you found the quote. That was the point. Now we ALL know what was actually said and can evaluate the response in context.

And you're whining about it...

Oh be quiet. Your act is growing tiresome. You have a penchant for "post-chasing" and it's really quite annoying.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#60 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Eddie needs to be attended to YEAR ROUND like a child.

Return to New York Knicks