ImageImageImageImageImage

Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RealGM
And1: 39,138

Re: Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional" 

Post#61 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 pm

GuyverADL wrote:Eddie needs to be attended to YEAR ROUND like a child.

Exactly! I wouldn't be surprised if this dude can't stay properly motivated enough to wipe his ass properly. After all the crap this guy eats he prolly doesn't have skid marks, but rather mud slides. If I were Herb, now way I'd let this dude stick his feet in my kicks. Nor would I have slipped my feet into his flip-flops (especially if they are the "thong" types that you hold between your big and second toes)

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#62 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 pm

duhon-duhon wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Coke it's been that way for quite some time. This is the second time I've had to calm him down a thousand by constantly trying to stick his breast out.

Good grief your reading comprehension is abysmal.

The dude was offended someone wasn't "believing" him about the D'Antoni. I suggested finding the quote and ending the drama. You and chucklehead read that as some sort of indirect commentary on what D'Antoni actually did or did not say.

But you found the quote. That was the point. Now we ALL know what was actually said and can evaluate the response in context.

And you're whining about it...

:lol: You are too much Henry.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#63 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah and teams really will be turned off by this and won't put up with it. I mean we have HOF, Superstars, All-Stars, Borderline All-Stars having a difficult time getting paid yet we think we can unload a playerswho's still struggling to take this 100% serious in regard to him getting into shape. Curry is all Fart that's what I hear when he opens his mouth to the press. I mean Flip-Flops? Think about this long and hard folks....
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#64 » by duhon-duhon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:37 pm

And, I'm the last person to expect anything out of Eddy Curry, but facts and facts and they should be understood for what they are.

The story we're all citing also said that Curry lost part of the 15 pounds by going a week of eating just liquids and broth, which suggest water weight was also part of the 15 pounds.

Bear in mind the initial goal was to take stress of his knees (ANY and ALL weight mattered), so he could begin doing the work to change his body in earnest.

And any any reasonable dietician will tell you, sustainable loss comes slowly and steadily. The rapid losses tend to be the easiest to reverse.

If 300 to 315 is indeed the goal for Curry, then getting there a few pounds a week is actually better than a quick and sudden drop. He has better than 2 months to drop the additional 13 to 28 pounds, which is about less to 2 to 3 (and change) pounds a week.

If he doesn't do it (and he likely won't), he deserves ALL the criticism in the world. But being bitter that he didn't lose 60 pounds in 2 months is just ridiculous.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#65 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:37 pm

GuyverADL wrote:
duhon-duhon wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Coke it's been that way for quite some time. This is the second time I've had to calm him down a thousand by constantly trying to stick his breast out.

The dude was offended someone wasn't "believing" him about the D'Antoni. I suggested finding the quote and ending the drama. You and chucklehead read that as some sort of indirect commentary on what D'Antoni actually did or did not say.

But you found the quote. That was the point. Now we ALL know what was actually said and can evaluate the response in context.

He needs to lick his wounds, make like SLAUGHTERHOUSE and MOVE THE **** ON!

Stick to discussing basketball on the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION level that's all Henry is good at these days.
can o peas
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#66 » by can o peas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 pm

well technically d'antoni never said 285 lbs. which is what the trainer is saying is "delusional". dantony said 290-300 lbs. which actually overlaps with the trainer's 300-315 lb. target. I don't think he was calling anyone out- just trying to lower expectations to more realistic levels. this isn't an agent looking out for his client though- he's a trainer who pushes players hard so I do believe him if he doesn't think eddy should become that light.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#67 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 pm

2010 wrote:

Exactly! I wouldn't be surprised if this dude can't stay properly motivated enough to wipe his ass properly. After all the crap this guy eats he prolly doesn't have skid marks, but rather mud slides. If I were Herb, now way I'd let this dude stick his feet in my kicks. Nor would I have slipped my feet into his flip-flops (especially if they are the "thong" types that you hold between your big and second toes)

I choked on my tea. TOO FUNNY :lol:
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer

Post#68 » by duhon-duhon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:39 pm

GuyverADL wrote:

And then some...
RealGM

Post#69 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:40 pm

GuyverADL wrote:
duhon-duhon wrote:

I read the quote and plenty of others read the quote (the article was previously posted). If dicchead was so gung-ho about the exact quote being presented for all to see and evaluate then he should have dug it up and found it. I post enough articles on here as it is. If you're a skeptic about what is said then do YOUR homework. I'm not gonna do more work for some dicchead (duhon-duhon) who doubts what was previously posted (or who co-signs the doubter).

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,964

Post#70 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:45 pm

2010 wrote:

:rofl: :rofl:
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
RealGM

Post#71 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:46 pm

can of peas wrote:well technically d'antoni never said 285 lbs. which is what the trainer is saying is "delusional". dantony said 290-300 lbs. which actually overlaps with the trainer's 300-315 lb. target. I don't think he was calling anyone out- just trying to lower expectations to more realistic levels. this isn't an agent looking out for his client though- he's a trainer who pushes players hard so I do believe him if he doesn't think eddy should become that light.

285lbs is mere 5lbs from the low end of what D'Antoni said. There is no doubt Weatherspoon was speaking of D'Antoni (who has never been much of a believer in Curry to begin with). Walsh has been a bit more optimistic. So I can see where anyone in Curry's camp may have the perception that D'Antoni may not exactly be shaking the pom-poms rooting for Curry to succeed. Now Weatherspoon probably went 5lbs less than the coach's exact quote because that has been Curry's listed weight (falsley) for years in the NBA and he most likely believes that the coach looks at that number (or slightly above it) as a benchmark of where he should be. 'Spoon said "coaches" but lets be forreal here...who exactly else would he be talking about? Phil Jackson?

:lol:

duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer

Post#72 » by duhon-duhon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 pm

All you guys that are slamming the door on any expectations for Curry strike me as the only guys that actually had any expectations for Curry.

Curry is what he was last year until he FORCES the Knicks and fans to consider otherwise. A non-entity/non-factor.

Those of us who understand this aren't getting worked up about the flip-flops or the relative weight loss because it's MEANINGLESS when your expectations are 0.

I get the feeling some of you guys secretly believed and are now feeling very disappointed.
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer

Post#73 » by duhon-duhon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:51 pm

2010 wrote: If dicchead was so gung-ho about the exact quote being presented for all to see and evaluate then he should have dug it up and found it.

I wasn't gung-ho or skeptical at all.

Your feelings appeared hurt.

I was just trying to help.
RealGM

Post#74 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:57 pm

duhon-duhon wrote:
2010 wrote: If dicchead was so gung-ho about the exact quote being presented for all to see and evaluate then he should have dug it up and found it.

I wasn't gung-ho or skeptical at all.

Your feelings appeared hurt.

I was just trying to help.

"Hurt?" Hurt about what? It's not that serious...it's a messageboard. We all don't feel the need to constantly poke our breastesses out like you in an effort to constantly attempt to feel good about ourselves the way you do. I just think it was a bit foolish for a poster to admit that although he doesn't "read everything" that he is sure D'Antoni didn't say that (implying Weatherspoon's quote wasn't meant for D'Antoni). If YOU were trying to help...YOU FIND THE QUOTE THEN...mf'er! I had already said I wasn't going to find it AGAIN. I do enough posting of articles around here the first time around to be digging 'isht up for seconds to prove something to each skeptical poster.

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#75 » by magnumt » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

aq_ua wrote:
For the first five days of the program, Curry was limited to fresh-squeezed juices and broths while he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

No one reacts to this?!!

...he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

...he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

:falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff: :falloff:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,964

Post#76 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

I still can't believe he showed up in flip flops and no sneaks

Guess its better news then last year when he crushed that medicine ball.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
can o peas
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#77 » by can o peas » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

2010 wrote:
can of peas wrote:well technically d'antoni never said 285 lbs. which is what the trainer is saying is "delusional". dantony said 290-300 lbs. which actually overlaps with the trainer's 300-315 lb. target. I don't think he was calling anyone out- just trying to lower expectations to more realistic levels. this isn't an agent looking out for his client though- he's a trainer who pushes players hard so I do believe him if he doesn't think eddy should become that light.

285lbs is mere 5lbs from the low end of what D'Antoni said. There is no doubt Weatherspoon was speaking of D'Antoni (who has never been much of a believer in Curry to begin with). Walsh has been a bit more optimistic. So I can see where anyone in Curry's camp may have the perception that D'Antoni may not exactly be shaking the pom-poms rooting for Curry to succeed. Now Weatherspoon probably went 5lbs less than the coach's exact quote because that has been Curry's listed weight (falsley) for years in the NBA and he most likely believes that the coach looks at that number (or slightly above it) as a benchmark of where he should be. 'Spoon said "coaches" but lets be forreal here...who exactly else would he be talking about? Phil Jackson?

maybe he was talking about scott skiles?? skiles is the one who made him come in at 275 lbs. one year (the one where eddy supposedly took the ephedra that messed with his heart). anyway 285 is really only 15 lbs. off from the low end of weatherspoon's weight target too. I don't want to nitpick about this though- I'm still cracking up over your skid mark-mud slide remark (although pretty gross haha).
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#78 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:09 pm

can of peas wrote:
2010 wrote:

maybe he was talking about scott skiles?? skiles is the one who made him come in at 275 lbs. one year (the one where eddy supposedly took the ephedra that messed with his heart). anyway 285 is really only 15 lbs. off from the low end of weatherspoon's weight target too. I don't want to nitpick about this though- I'm still cracking up over your skid mark-mud slide remark (although pretty gross haha).

He's could be referring to all the coaches Curry's had in the NBA, since his weight has been a problem his whole career. I doubt it because this guy hasn't been Curry's trainer his whole career. Which means he's more than likely going off of recent happenings with the Knicks.

Does it make it any better if he was strictly referring to Skiles or Curry's sob-sob stories to him crying how Skiles would tell him he could get rebounds if he simply jumped but can't because he's not 285?

Know this our coach has publicly derided his conditioning and weight problem. Never was fond of Curry from day one and didn't even want to use him when Curry was trying to get back on the court last yr

This case has been cracked on solved already link provided.

Move on to the next doubt of reason so I can do what I do.
duhon-duhon
Bench Warmer

Post#79 » by duhon-duhon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 pm

2010 wrote:"Hurt?" Hurt about what? It's not that serious...it's a messageboard. We all don't feel the need to constantly poke our breastesses out like you in an effort to constantly attempt to feel good about ourselves the way you do. I just think it was a bit foolish for a poster to admit that although he doesn't "read everything" that he is sure D'Antoni didn't say that (implying Weatherspoon's quote wasn't meant for D'Antoni). If YOU were trying to help...YOU FIND THE QUOTE THEN...mf'er! I had already said I wasn't going to find it AGAIN. I do enough posting of articles around here the first time around to be digging 'isht up for seconds to prove something to each skeptical poster.

The first 10 words of that plea are in direct conflict with the remaining 111.
OaksNoJoke
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#80 » by OaksNoJoke » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:20 pm

The colon cleansing thing is dead on. With a guy that big, he can easily lose 15-25 lbs of just partially undigested material.
It's gross, but true.
The trainer is not wrong. It will be impossible for Curry to get to 285 by season's start. He's just slipped too far. The strategy the trainer is going for is to gain as much muscle as possible and rev up the metabolism. Then he will shed more fat as the season goes.
Expect that Curry will show more explosion, but not have the wind to play major minutes at first.
IF and thats a big word, McCurry keeps it up, expect a body and style more similar to Shaq than David Robinson. He will add explosive power, but have to go in shorter intervals. Expect them to switch curry with either Hill or Milicic to balance out the time at C.
But do not expect curry to play more than 10-15 min to start the season. He probably will not be effective at more time than that.

If the trainer said more about what he was doing exactly, that would provide a lot of answers. But the colon cleanse is the first thing, and should be a great indication. This guy knows his stuff, because that is a technique usually done by elite bodybuilders when cycling.

I feel good about this trainer.

Return to New York Knicks