ImageImageImageImageImage

so i guess we all agree that darko should start, right??

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Re: so i guess we all agree that darko should start, right?? 

Post#21 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I agree that he should start. I think its better to start off with your best defensive bigs when you dont have much better options.

Darko
Lee
Harrington
Chandler
Duhon

But D'Antoni usually likes to play small and spread the floor. So I doubt he starts.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
donkki
Analyst
And1: 544

Post#22 » by donkki » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:07 pm

New and improved Eddy Curry should start at C.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#23 » by knicks742 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Lee had 2 blocks last night and numerous contesting of shots. We don't need Darko in the starting lineup.

:D
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#24 » by Thorn » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:30 pm

gr3en wrote:we should really think about hiring a good big man coach for Darko and Hill.

Ewing or Oak.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,129

Post#25 » by Fat Kat » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:41 pm

I like Darko, but starting him is a bit premature. Let him get familiar with the system and see how he adjust. He might even be a cheap replacement for Lee next season. You never know.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Post#26 » by Starksfor3 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:I agree that he should start. I think its better to start off with your best defensive bigs when you dont have much better options.

Darko
Lee
Harrington
Chandler
Duhon

But D'Antoni usually likes to play small and spread the floor. So I doubt he starts.

That's the way to go in my opinion. A good mix of offense and defense and off the bench, you can have Douglas, Gallo and uhhhh...
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,626

Post#27 » by DE FENSE » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 pm

YES. Start Darko. We have a legit center doing things we haven't seen in years. Use him.
bball_jay
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#28 » by bball_jay » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:47 pm

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:
did Jesus play the 4 or 5? cause i dont see anyone else being able to develop darko into anything special on offense..

he has a great skillset that's going completely unused. 3 point range, great passing, lefty hook in the post, monster screens. even though you're wrong why does he have to be special on offense??

with darko's defensive ability he just has to get 10 points and it's major plus for the team cause the other team scores less with him out there. defense wins championships. everybody wants 20 and 10 from the center. but it's totally not needed in today's game.

it's time to play to win. loser organizations play for the lottery and for salary dumps.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#29 » by Pedro Pistolas » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:04 pm

blueNorange wrote:starting nate is asking for trouble since he stinks ... guess you can put chandler there with harrington at his natural position(shooting foward)

No he doesn't stink you moron. Yes , he makes bad decisions , Yes he's immature but to say he stinks? You're a blind hater.

The lineup I would hope to be seeing mid season

Douglas
Chandler
Gallo
JHill
Darko
Clyde2
Senior
And1: 0

Post#30 » by Clyde2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:
blueNorange wrote:starting nate is asking for trouble since he stinks ... guess you can put chandler there with harrington at his natural position(shooting foward)

No he doesn't stink you moron. Yes , he makes bad decisions , Yes he's immature but to say he stinks? You're a blind hater.

Douglas
Chandler
Gallo
JHill
Darko

I like this lineup but I do not think JHill will outplay DLee.
Knick Fan since last championship. We know that was a LONG time ago.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,626

Post#31 » by DE FENSE » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:27 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:

Douglas
Chandler
Gallo
JHill
Darko

If you're talking about starting lineup, don't hold your breath. Never gonna happen. No way in hell MikeD starts 2 rooks (barring injuries).
bklynstoops
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#32 » by bklynstoops » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:33 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:

i think he might have a point there. The guy is 25 yrs old. He's been in the league for 4 yrs. If you still describe him as a player that makes bad decisions and is immature, he just might stink. It's at least a possibility you have to consider.

I don't think Darko should start. Though I like the defense he brings, if they are going to develop any kind of fluidity in that offensive scheme, Darko is not your guy; not yet.
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#33 » by NYKnick87 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Like many have said:

Duhon
Chandler
Harrington
Lee
Darko

is the way to go.

None of this showcasing Curry BS. Nobody in their right mind is going to take him now. We have a better chance at making the playoffs than trading Curry.
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#34 » by Shemy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:12 pm

TBH id stay with the original line-up from the start of preseason....with less minutes for jeffries, hughes, and possibly duhon

Duhon
Hughes
Jeffries
Harrington
Lee

Im really feeling the bench dantoni put in with Nate, Douglas, Gallo, Chandler, Darko...when they were in the game they played pretty well, played more fast paced ball, Good D, and prolly hit the best % of shots.....they came back from being down put us in lead by a good amount leading into HT, it was the same bench that came in the first preseason game after being down by a few, and put us back-up against NJ...
"They scared now"
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,129

Post#35 » by Fat Kat » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Shemy wrote:TBH id stay with the original line-up from the start of preseason....with less minutes for jeffries, hughes, and possibly duhon

Duhon
Hughes
Jeffries
Harrington
Lee

Im really feeling the bench dantoni put in with Nate, Douglas, Gallo, Chandler, Darko...when they were in the game they played pretty well, played more fast paced ball, Good D, and prolly hit the best % of shots.....they came back from being down put us in lead by a good amount leading into HT, it was the same bench that came in the first preseason game after being down by a few, and put us back-up against NJ...

I just don't see any positives from having Hughes on the court. None whatsoever.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#36 » by Shemy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Shemy wrote:TBH id stay with the original line-up from the start of preseason....with less minutes for jeffries, hughes, and possibly duhon

Duhon
Hughes
Jeffries
Harrington
Lee

I just don't see any positives from having Hughes on the court. None whatsoever.

me too but hes going to play, unless he gets injured
"They scared now"
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#37 » by mjhp911 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Ah, y'all are finally starting to see the light...

None of this showcasing Curry BS. Nobody in their right mind is going to take him now. We have a better chance at making the playoffs than trading Curry.

Agreed. No showcasing O-Face either. Play the best team, play to win. We still don't own our pick next summer, and we need to show prospective FA's were a halfway decent destination.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#38 » by Paeds » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:21 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:

Douglas
Chandler
Gallo
JHill
Darko

Nate is a good player
dk7th
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#39 » by dk7th » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:23 pm

darko milicic HAS to start since one of our biggest flaws was no interior presence on defense. he mitigates lee's poor defense.

chris duhon and david lee HAVE to start since their pick and roll game was just about the only effective offensive strategy until duhon ran out of gas, plus lee has shown signs of developing a decent passing game.

that leaves two spots, shooting guard and small forward. who HAS to start among the players that can play those positions? the criteria is fairly simple: who is best able to execute within the style of play tat the coach is demanding and who is able to play decent enough defense since of the three guys who HAVE to start only milicic is adequate?

answer: chandler because of his ability to defend and gallinari for is ability to play the style of basketball the coach is demanding, plus he is at the least a very good help defender and vocal.

that means a bench of douglas, robinson, harrington, and jeffries or hill. for those who say that harrington and robinson need to be split up my response is rhetorical: "at what cost?"

let the bench players be a pressing and trapping unit and get points off turnovers. if "zero sum" players like robinson and harrington are sewrious about winning then let them prove that they can change their games to suit their coach's wishes, and that includes exertion on defense.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#40 » by kane2021 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Darko looked good in yesterdays game. I want to see more.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Return to New York Knicks