ImageImageImageImage

Orlando/Miami/Washington

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Orlando/Miami/Washington 

Post#81 » by maginno » Mon Jun 7, 2010 12:52 pm

darth_federer wrote:Does the OP have credibility'? Hes talking pretty authoritatively on the topic.

Your questioning the credibility of the OP directly? hmmmmm. I think I heard recently that that is not allowed. Just a heads up.
maginno
Banned User

Post#82 » by maginno » Mon Jun 7, 2010 12:54 pm

Haven't watched Haslem recently but would I take him over Bass? My only hesitance would be age. Besides that I'd take haslem over Bass any day. He is far more skilled and brings much more to the table.
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#83 » by aleZ » Mon Jun 7, 2010 1:26 pm

maginno wrote:Your questioning the credibility of the OP directly? hmmmmm. I think I heard recently that that is not allowed. Just a heads up.

LOL you, of all people, doing the mods' job is too good to be true :lol:

Oh and why all the short messages recently? I was used (and loved) your 5000+ worded posts, those were easier to skip or ignore.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#84 » by MitchellUK » Mon Jun 7, 2010 1:33 pm

aleZ wrote:
maginno wrote:Your questioning the credibility of the OP directly? hmmmmm. I think I heard recently that that is not allowed. Just a heads up.

LOL you, of all people, doing the mods' job is too good to be true :lol:

I believe he was making a joke, following the back-and-forth in the "Update from Magical" thread.
maginno
Banned User

Post#85 » by maginno » Mon Jun 7, 2010 2:16 pm

aleZ wrote:LOL you, of all people, doing the mods' job is too good to be true :lol:

Alez I question your credibility. You promised me a fine bottle of Italian wine about two years ago and I am still sucking grape juice out of a welch's box. You Italians are a cruel but passionate bunch (unless there is a war). Are you aging it or something?

Oh and why all the short messages recently? I was used (and loved) your 5000+ worded posts, those were easier to skip or ignore.

My agent doesn't want me forum publishing any longer. At least not until the Book is about to be Published (Title: The Italian that Could Find No Love - a story of Infatuation and Basketball)

Skip or ignore? I'll send you some comics. You CAN Read those and you can wait for the book to be made into video :D
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,691

Post#86 » by GameOver25 » Mon Jun 7, 2010 2:29 pm

^^lol
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Mon Jun 7, 2010 2:57 pm

lol @ people suggesting Brandon Bass is as good as Udonis Haslem. Please.

Having said that; Not sure I'd like thet trade. Seems like we give up quite a bit without getting a whole lot back. Haslem is a stud and I love him, but Cook is garbage. Not sure how I feel about Thornton. Don't think he'd be that good for us.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#88 » by magicman123 » Mon Jun 7, 2010 3:07 pm

lol u lost me at sharp shooter daecquahena cook, and who put trade together a heat fan?
rshepard1985
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#89 » by rshepard1985 » Mon Jun 7, 2010 3:12 pm

I love how the Sentinel is now posting links to realgm about this trade rumor. Does the Sentinel do any real reporting of their own?
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#90 » by aleZ » Mon Jun 7, 2010 3:36 pm

rshepard1985 wrote:I love how the Sentinel is now posting links to realgm about this trade rumor. Does the Sentinel do any real reporting of their own?

Nobody does real reporting anymore thanks to the internet, now external links are OK so magazines list their sources -but the Sentinel has been "inspired" by this forum for years (i remember whole blogs taken from forum posts not so long ago).
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,144

Post#91 » by eyriq » Mon Jun 7, 2010 5:05 pm

See now, isn't this a loving and inviting atmosphere? :P

kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#92 » by kwamebargnani » Mon Jun 7, 2010 5:10 pm

Is this guy reliable or what?

Hudo for Prince? That's just ridonculous.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#93 » by Blue_and_Whte » Mon Jun 7, 2010 5:32 pm

JKelt613 wrote:Haslem is a better player than Bass

Al Thornton makes 2.8 million and Daequan Cook makes 2 million, so they are cheaper alternatives than Barnes and Redick.

We would then have the full MLE and the BAE to get a point and a center.

It's not the greatest trade, because while Thornton could move into the starting SF role, he isn't the smartest player.

Haslem is not a better player than Bass. He rebounds better, Bass is a way better offensive player. Bass is stuck behind stretch 4 mediocrity. Hopefully, SVG realizes that it isnt working. I agree that some changes need to happen, but the enfatuation with UD must stop. Move lew to the 3 and Bass to the 4, play Ryan Garrity Anderson behind him.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#94 » by spinedoc » Mon Jun 7, 2010 5:55 pm

Along with most here, I don't like this deal. I'd like to get a rotation of Haslem and Bass at pf, but the numbers don't match, let alone the value in the trade. As mentioned, Haslem is a free agent that should be had at mle range, unless we want to go a bump above that in order to secure him from other teams. However, just look at the contracts of Ryno(1.3), and Gortat(5.8). That's only 7.1M total. We'd have to sign Haslem for around 5M for it to work with the contracts of Cook and Thornton. But then, if that's the case, Miami is taking on 16.6M with Gortat and Howard, but only sending off Cook(1.3), Beasley(4.6), and Haslem at 5M, that's only 10.9M. They are almost 6M short on the deal. There might be something missing in this, maybe our TPE or other players to make this work, but I'm not seeing it. Also, this would make sense taking on Thornton and Cook, if we are not looking to resign either of JJ or Barnes, but I have to call shenanigans too. :wink:
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#95 » by miamiballer » Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:13 pm

my reasoning for orl:

they get haslem who they must like next to howard as a starter...they could sign him to a MLE deal but this enables them to get out of gortat's deal and not pay any more major lux tax money
maginno
Banned User

Post#96 » by maginno » Mon Jun 7, 2010 6:58 pm

eyriq wrote:See now, isn't this a loving and inviting atmosphere? :P

I'm ashamed of you guys. Can't you set up a mod with good woman? Look what he has to resort to :D

Anyway I wouldn't worry about this trade. Looks highly suspect if for no other reason that Riley would be involved helping a division rival. Haslem would be on the move if they get what they are looking for - Bosh+ - but he wwould only be coming here in a straight up signing not a trade with Miami.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,144

Post#97 » by eyriq » Tue Jun 8, 2010 12:24 am

I've been upgraded from Donkey to Simba! Maginno, I think we are getting somewhere you and I. ;)
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#98 » by craig01 » Tue Jun 8, 2010 12:28 am

See, magginno cares.....LOL
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
secondroad11
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#99 » by secondroad11 » Tue Jun 8, 2010 6:08 pm

I sincerely hope that this is rumour only. I think it would be a horrible trade. We better start looking at using our draft picks effectively or we are going to be too financially overextended. I don't want to see Orlando turn into a firesale two or three years down the line.
Nene
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#100 » by Nene » Tue Jun 8, 2010 7:13 pm

I still think this would be a horrible trade. Let's hope there is nothing to it.

Return to Orlando Magic