ImageImageImageImage

Orlando/Miami/Washington

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Re: Orlando/Miami/Washington 

Post#101 » by Hilltop » Wed Jun 9, 2010 4:37 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
JKelt613 wrote:Haslem is a better player than Bass

Al Thornton makes 2.8 million and Daequan Cook makes 2 million, so they are cheaper alternatives than Barnes and Redick.

We would then have the full MLE and the BAE to get a point and a center.

It's not the greatest trade, because while Thornton could move into the starting SF role, he isn't the smartest player.

Haslem is not a better player than Bass. He rebounds better, Bass is a way better offensive player. Bass is stuck behind stretch 4 mediocrity. Hopefully, SVG realizes that it isnt working. I agree that some changes need to happen, but the enfatuation with UD must stop. Move lew to the 3 and Bass to the 4, play Ryan Garrity Anderson behind him.

I don't agree with that man. Bass has a similar ability from midrange but I do think he wastes a lot of time on isolation, jab stepping, faking, posting, and sometimes just being a blackhole on offense.

Haslem does a LOT of things that don't show up on the stat sheets. He's a very smart player, he can help a team in the background, and he just does the little things. I think he's what Bass could be if he refined his game and worked on the catch-and-shoot.
SloNick Russia
Analyst
And1: 361

Re: Orlando/Miami/Washington 

Post#102 » by SloNick Russia » Wed Jun 9, 2010 4:50 am

To me first of all Haslem is a better defender over Bass - well poised up to dirty at times - kind of Barnes + he is a very solid rebounder. Bass sometimes just doesn't get himself in a game. If you check bass stats as a starter for example his production doesn't really chance from been a sub, as for Haslem if you give him 30+ minutes you can count on 13+9 at 50% shooting anyday.
Once again, I would rather have Haslem at Bass's current selary, but if we have to trade accountable assets for him its another story.

Return to Orlando Magic