ImageImageImageImage

OT: Orlando City Soccer

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Re: OT: Orlando City Soccer 

Post#441 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 am

So all supporter groups are indefinitely suspended following some of the events that happened in St. Pete against the Rowdies:
http://orlandocitysc.com/news/?article_id=1952
They can re-apply through a process that makes sure they abide by the Fan Code of Conduct.

4 fans were arrested. They're banned from all games until their legal situations are concluded.
Apparently one guy assaulted a minor.
http://orlandosoccerblog.blogspot.com/2 ... -this.html
http://imgur.com/a/C1ig7
That's very very bad. You don't even see that **** overseas. Adults fight amongst adults. You don't get kids involved.

This will end up being a great move by the team in the long-term but this severely halts the team's momentum within the community for the time being.
If the supporter clubs are smart, they'll find a way to combine into one large group.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#442 » by londoncollin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:31 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:So all supporter groups are indefinitely suspended following some of the events that happened in St. Pete against the Rowdies:
http://orlandocitysc.com/news/?article_id=1952
They can re-apply through a process that makes sure they abide by the Fan Code of Conduct.

4 fans were arrested. They're banned from all games until their legal situations are concluded.
Apparently one guy assaulted a minor.
http://orlandosoccerblog.blogspot.com/2 ... -this.html
http://imgur.com/a/C1ig7
That's very very bad. You don't even see that **** overseas. Adults fight amongst adults. You don't get kids involved.

This will end up being a great move by the team in the long-term but this severely halts the team's momentum within the community for the time being.
If the supporter clubs are smart, they'll find a way to combine into one large group.

I was following this as stuff was coming out the following morning. I love the supporter groups and everything, but this was absolutely necessary.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#443 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Robinho negotiating with Orlando City to become 2nd designated player!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/s ... 71283.post

AC Milan is in negotiations with Orlando City regarding the transfer of Brazilian forward Robinho, according to multiple reports out of Italy.

"It's a situation similar to Kakà's one: he'd like to go to the MLS, we are negotiating with Orlando City," AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani said, according to reports. "We are a little distant from the closure of the deal, it won’t be imminent. It’s one of the many ongoing negotiations."
aka: prorl
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#444 » by in-limbo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:42 pm

I was wondering at what point something bad would happen. I bet the guys at OCSC were like, are you f-ing kidding me. That there response was heavy is no surprise to me. They can't let this image represent the team in any way, it hurts ticket sales and selling tickets is important. They have simply worked to hard to not drop the hammer.

I think if I was in a supporters group I might be a little pissed, I sincerely hope we can keep our great support intact through this event. Some will not want to come if there expression is limited to things that are universally accepted and family friendly. For some it was probably part of what made them love going to games that they could act pretty much however they wanted. These folks were important to us getting a team and I sincerely hope both sides remember how we got here and where we're going. There were always going to be changes when we became MLS bound.
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#445 » by in-limbo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:55 am

Robinho rumors really heating up. The latest has him joining Santos FC before reuniting with Kaka' in Orlando.
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#446 » by in-limbo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:05 am

Soon we will have Robinho. The next 24 to 48 hours a deal is expected to be completed. For a while today it seemed an announcement was imminent but something has delayed it a bit. Who will be the third, Jermaine Jones?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#447 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:28 pm

in-limbo wrote:Soon we will have Robinho. The next 24 to 48 hours a deal is expected to be completed. For a while today it seemed an announcement was imminent but something has delayed it a bit. Who will be the third, Jermaine Jones?

Jermaine Jones is your speculation or did you hear something?
aka: prorl
vagnermagic
Senior
And1: 108

Post#448 » by vagnermagic » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:00 pm

There's a chance Kaka plays for São Paulo this weekend. The game is on Sunday, 4 p.m. local time. I believe it's 3 p.m. ET.

If he doesn't play on Sunday, he'll be playing on the next game, I believe it is on August 2nd.
Vamo, Magic!
Brazilian Magic fan
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#449 » by in-limbo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
in-limbo wrote:Soon we will have Robinho. The next 24 to 48 hours a deal is expected to be completed. For a while today it seemed an announcement was imminent but something has delayed it a bit. Who will be the third, Jermaine Jones?

Jermaine Jones is your speculation or did you hear something?

It's just that I have heard a couple mentions of him specifically through twitter and an interview with Phil Rawlins where he was asked about Jones. Phil just said that of course Jermaine is the type of guy we would want. It seems like everyone who gets connected to the team has a legit shot at being here. Mainly my point was that a third big time player is a real possibility. Reading a little more it is more likely he ends up somewhere else but I don't really understand the allocation stuff.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#450 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:12 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBHzoWaZz1Q[/youtube]
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#451 » by in-limbo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:23 am

That was pretty awesome.
FRESHsince1983
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#452 » by FRESHsince1983 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:26 am

Your video got me hype AdamTheGreek
AllPro
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#453 » by AllPro » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:16 pm

I got an invitation for a private event with Flavio this coming Wednesday, July 30th at the OCSC office.

Did anybody else got invited? Hopefully he will drop some good info.
baiano
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#454 » by baiano » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:12 pm

I am very happy that Orlando has a Soccer Team.
The owner is brazillian as me, so he is getting good players to the roster.
Kaká and Robinho are old but nice players, especially Kaká.
AllPro
Freshman

Post#455 » by AllPro » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:30 am

So I just got back from the event with Flavio and here are a few tidbits:

- Home opener will be against NYCFC
- All home games will be played on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays only
- He didn't seem so sure about landing Robinho, saying too many teams are involved but he is not giving up
- Preseason next year will be in Brazil. I'm not sure if the team is going to Brazil and then play in the Disney Classic or only Brazil. He mentioned two friendlies, one in Morumbi (Sao Paulo) and the other in Maracana (Rio de Janeiro)

That's about it, if I remember something else I will post later.

Can't wait for next season, it's gonna be awesome.
ezmac2
Junior

Post#456 » by ezmac2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 pm

I haven't heard any rumblings or anything but with KaKa and possibly Robinho going to Orlando any chance Ronaldinho would come along too?
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#457 » by londoncollin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:52 pm

ezmac2 wrote:I haven't heard any rumblings or anything but with KaKa and possibly Robinho going to Orlando any chance Ronaldinho would come along too?

Apparently the deal for Robinho was too much for OCSC and they have no interest in Ronaldinho.
vagnermagic
Senior
And1: 108

Post#458 » by vagnermagic » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Ronaldinho would be a huge addittion for OCSC.

This guy's fame is unbelievable. I was watching Discovery Channel the other day, something about a giant beelte in Cameroun. The host of the show was at a small village in the country and played soccer with a bunch of kids. One of them was wearing a Barcelona shirt with Ronaldinho written on it.

It'd be huge for marketing and for the brand of the team, the whole world knows Ronaldinho. Plus, he still can play.
Vamo, Magic!
Brazilian Magic fan
AllPro
Freshman

Post#459 » by AllPro » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Ronaldinho does NOT fit the off-field profile that OCSC is looking for.
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#460 » by in-limbo » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:46 pm

Too bad about Robinho. The deal isn't looking very good now. We will find good players, I fully believe that.

Return to Orlando Magic