ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation & Free Agency Thread (Pt X, Mods close)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Official Speculation & Free Agency Thread (Pt X, Mods close) 

Post#1 » by ADRajX » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:13 pm

All right guys, you know the drill (9th thread was 100 pages maxed out). Let's continue with the discussion from Part I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, & IX. Make life easier for the MODS.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1140267 (locked)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1141312 (locked)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1142019 (locked)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1142355 (locked)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1142626 (locked)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1143155 (locked) (~90 pages)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1143609 (locked)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1144146 (locked)
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1144968 (locked)

Let's discuss every news & rumors that's happening around the league.

GO MAGIC!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYxzRYMrcVc[/youtube]

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 436

Re: Official Speculation & Free Agency Thread (Part freakin 

Post#2 » by Magicman125 » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:19 pm

WE MADE IT!

I've been somewhat encouraged by their play recently, but we have to stay level-headed and realize that they've beaten the Bobcats, Rockets, and the Nets. That's not very legitimate competition. If they can beat Chicago in their upcoming matchup, then I'll be impressed. Let's hope they can continue to play well and that we won't have to deal with any trade Howard ideas or rumors that would certainly and immediately set us back.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:23 pm

Woot to an Epic thread to kick start the new year! All trolls should post here and not be able to create new threads. Go Magic!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#4 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:29 pm

:rock:
jezzer45
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#5 » by jezzer45 » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:31 pm

Heres hoping this thing ends up with howard staying and the magic acquiring a great player.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#6 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:36 pm

We will get to part 20 before coming to a conclusion (Howard getting traded-Magic getting a stud)
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
The Magic Man
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by The Magic Man » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:38 pm

Please Ellis. :pray:
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Post#8 » by Def Swami » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:40 pm

I got a question for you guys.

I think we've been the beneficiary of continuity and consistency in our roster. Lots of teams adding new pieces are still scrapping to incorporate them. JJ and Ryan look like they've taken huge strides and Ryan more so seems like he's taken advantage of his time playing with Dwight, while BBD is still trying to find his way. Hedo is shaping up to be pretty good again and J-Rich is attacking more. And Dwight is finding his teammates out of the double team better than ever.

So, come trade deadline, and we're playing very well, sitting at a 2-3 seed, if a team makes an offer for the likes of JJ, J-Rich, Ryan, and or Hedo and we receive the likes of Monta, Iggy, or Smith, do you risk the continuity and consistency and take the deal?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#9 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:49 pm

I was just wondering, so don't bash me. What type of veterans would it take to get Dwight Howard if the Magic are not looking for young guys/picks?

JUST JOKING!!! lol

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
The Magic Man
Banned User

Post#10 » by The Magic Man » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:50 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:I got a question for you guys.

I think we've been the beneficiary of continuity and consistency in our roster. Lots of teams adding new pieces are still scrapping to incorporate them. JJ and Ryan look like they've taken huge strides and Ryan more so seems like he's taken advantage of his time playing with Dwight, while BBD is still trying to find his way. Hedo is shaping up to be pretty good again and J-Rich is attacking more. And Dwight is finding his teammates out of the double team better than ever.

So, come trade deadline, and we're playing very well, sitting at a 2-3 seed, if a team makes an offer for the likes of JJ, J-Rich, Ryan, and or Hedo and we receive the likes of Monta, Iggy, or Smith, do you risk the continuity and consistency and take the deal?

I would only trade for Ellis,those other guys would not put us over the top,Ellis is what we need a go-to scorer,If we could get him Otis would not hesitate to make that deal.
SolidSnake008
Banned User

Post#11 » by SolidSnake008 » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:51 pm

Wow we made it to part 10....never thought we would make it here.....lot of people to thank for this lol.....kinda feel like DJRajX should have a speech or something since he had a big part of keeping this going lol...
PigsEatHam
Analyst
And1: 383

Post#12 » by PigsEatHam » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:55 pm

Only if Dwight agrees to resign with us. You take the proposed deal to Dwight and say, I can pull the trigger on this, and will, but it is contingent upon your plans. Would this deal get you to sign a new contract with us? If yes, we do it.

If not, then we do it only if we think it's in the long-term interest of a Dwight-less team.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#13 » by Furinkazan » Sun Jan 1, 2012 7:57 pm

Ive been thinking about this...:/

Id do the dam trade...but its me...
sure its easy to say...break something thats working...
but on the other side...if you can get Iggy,Monta or Smith...you shoudnt hesitate...

but if we have a good record and we play nice..
I affraid Otis will pull "I like this team"..
..again...and we stay put

and its a very risky move...

If we dont get to the finals...

we all know what will happen...(with no changes)unless he thinks he can pull a miracle trade during the draft day...
94_MagicFan
Senior
And1: 59

Post#14 » by 94_MagicFan » Sun Jan 1, 2012 8:33 pm

This one will last till the trade deadline
Follow!!! @13edm

#WeWill
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,841

Post#15 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 1, 2012 10:26 pm

94_MagicFan wrote:This one will last till the trade deadline

Naaaaah. Once we hear rumors floating around anytime soon, this will fill up pretty fast
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#16 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Jan 1, 2012 11:43 pm

In before the Cousins trade proposals
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#17 » by magic_turk » Mon Jan 2, 2012 12:18 am

DeMarcus Cousins demands a trade.

DeMarcus Cousins has formally requested a trade and has been directed not to attend tonight’s game against the Hornets.

Kings coach Paul Westphal released the following statement:

“Whenever a new season begins, in any sport, there is great hope that everything will progress in only a steady, upward direction. As we all know, it seldom happens like that in this life!

“As coaches, we can only ask that our players do everything they can to improve themselves as individuals and teammates. If they do this with all their hearts, we live with the results.

“Everything that happens on a team does not become known to the public. This is how it should be. However, when a player continually, aggressively, lets it be known that he is unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team, it cannot be ignored indefinitely.

“DeMarcus Cousins has demanded to be traded. In the best interest of our team as we go forward, he has been directed by me, with the support of management, to stay home from the New Orleans game tonight.”

Is this the same guy?

"I mean, trying to join another - I mean, I'm not taking jabs at anybody - but to me that's kind of like taking the coward's way out. At the same time I respect you because you want to be a winner. But, me, being the type of person I am, I am wanting to lead my team. I want to stay with the group of guys I came in (into the league) with. I'm going to do what I gotta do to help my team win.
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#18 » by ADRajX » Mon Jan 2, 2012 12:22 am

Cousins is a bonehead and immature... dude has game, but his bad attitude will ultimately be his undoing ... same with Bynum
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ckgqsmDwM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFgJ_0eB6yU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvmaOFo3iP0[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wbrYhdHxg&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yQOi1fBmmQ&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUFscBD6bg&feature=related[/youtube]
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,475

Post#19 » by Bensational » Mon Jan 2, 2012 12:35 am

hmmm, the Cousins situation could be very interesting. teams that might be interested in him?

Nets: if i'm the Nets i look to make a deal for him, giving up anything but Williams or Lopez. a Cousins + Lopez package would look like a very nice return for Dwight.

Minny: they've got a lot of young guys to give up - Derrick Williams, Beasley, Wes Johnson. Cousins/Love combo could be very nice.

Hornets: they could use a centerpiece to start building the team around. Okafor/Kaman + Aminu for Cousins.

Warriors: they want a big. Klay + Udoh? Kings don't need Monta or Curry with Evans there.

Rockets: they've got a lot of young guys to move. Hill/Williams/Scola even?

Hawks: get a C to play next to Horford. Josh Smith for Cousins?
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#20 » by claudio-br » Mon Jan 2, 2012 1:46 am

he should go to Detroit. they are missing this bad boy attitude up there

Return to Orlando Magic