ImageImageImageImage

Around The League(Lock Por Favor)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Re: Around The League 

Post#981 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Dwight is such a mentally soft player. The Lakers fans are complaining that he gets flustered easily when he has the ball and teams send multiple players at him, nothing new at all. What I notice is that he does not care about defense and rebounding anymore, the one thing that made him a true MVP candidate and our team elite. He is so focused on being flashy and scoring tons of points, he is ignoring what his true strenghts are. When he is out on the floor defending he just doesnt move or try anymore. I am sure part of it has to do with the fact that is Kobe's team and he is not the #1 option, but he is such a pussy.
aka: prorl
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#982 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Holy crap, royce white is going off on Woj from Yahoo right now... read from bottom to top.
Royce White ‏@Highway_30
"As he rails against the Rockets' insistence that he meet with one of their doctors.." @WojYahooNBA False

2m Royce White ‏@Highway_30
"but they haven't found him deserving of playing time. So, White started to lash out." @WojYahooNBA False!

9m Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Now I'm the "crazy" one for giving a response, with 140 character device, to a "respected" writer giving false info. Yea I saw that coming!

14m Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Truth is there's no CONSISTENT acknowledgement or protocol in place addressing #mentalillness, and that has/is creating unsafe workplace.

18m Royce White ‏@Highway_30
@WojYahooNBA This is ONLY about ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of my #mentalillness as a medical issue, and then having a work place that considers it.

25m Royce White ‏@Highway_30
If hearing the truth annoys you... UNFOLLOW ME! I'm going to keep telling the truth, have to confront lies or they become the truth!

40m Royce White ‏@Highway_30
If confronting journalists that are telling 1/4 truths is not right, SO WHAT! @WojYahooNBA wrote things that weren't true, I'm on his heels.

1h Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Idc how good @WojYahooNBA is supposed to as a journalist, if something is baseless and not factual, I'm calling it out, bottom line!

The people who have something to hide will remain quiet... @WojYahooNBA The that don't will speak. The truth has no weakness!

Soon as you start saying the truth nobody wants to hear, everybody gets upset!

2h Royce White ‏@Highway_30
@WojYahooNBA ?! If the rockets made only 1 OFFICIAL statement, who are your sources? where are your quotes? I took journalism, cant fool me!

3h Royce White ‏@Highway_30
@insta_magic @wojyahoonba Things he said aren't true. If me attacking a "respected" writer lying is unstable, Ill eat that.

@WojYahooNBA #1 respected writer! Well your going 2 lose credibility here, cuz I just printed the article out and got my highlighter ready.

@WojYahooNBA Think #Yahoo cares if their writers, have sources to back their articles, facts, or does it say "write w/e" in your "contract"?

@WojYahooNBA Lol I bet if we look in YOUR "contract" your not fulfilling some of your "obligations" to #Yahoo

@WojYahooNBA Even if saying things w/o facts or sources works for you, it doesn't make you a journalist, your impersonating a journalist.

@WojYahooNBA My platform is built on GENUINENESS and HONESTY, your is built on... Say whatever you need to say at the time...

@WojYahooNBA I bet my twitter "rant" does bother you, takes the filter out... Now lets talk platform!

@WojYahooNBA If there is special treatment going on, it'd be ppl thinking professional teams don't have 2 adhere to standard workforce code.

@WojYahooNBA is driving that absurd? Is asking for organization and communication that absurd? Is asking for acknowledgement that absurd!

@WojYahooNBA The amount of SUPPORT, or accommodation can only be decided based on the illness, it's a individualistic condition!

@WojYahooNBA The SCARY part is your considered a "respected" journalist! Shows the world we live in if writing 1/4 truths gets you that.

@wojyahoonba You wrote a nice...long... MISREPRESENTING article, I think it merits a equally long TRUTHFUL response! http://yhoo.it/S39Zjq

@wojyahoonba I NEVER "Railed" against seeing their doctor, who, by the way, now agrees with me and has seen first hand the "Inconsistency".

4h Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Sorry Tweeps, I know today was suppose to be positive, but @WojYahooNBA pushed the start time back with his IRRESPONSIBLE JOURNALISM.

@WojYahooNBA Im owed asking for safe work conditions, including acknowledgement of my disorder being a medical condition, and protocol!

Sorry Tweeps, I'm up early WORKING on these #StigmaPushers like @WojYahooNBA < This guy needs his #journalism card snatched.

@WojYahooNBA Lost and Confused? If it needs to be martyred that sports shouldn't be at the expense of health... WE'RE lost!

@wojyahoonba And When the truth comes I'll be posting your article EVERYWHERE, then we'll see who's career needs* SAVING!

@WojYahooNBA When the dust settles, some will RETRACT their statements and some will reaffirm theirs! Im definitely going 2 be the 2nd, you?

@WojYahooNBA And When the truth comes I'll be posting your article EVERYWHERE, then we'll see who's career need SAVING!

@WojYahooNBA You can run from a conversation if you want, but being able to print something doesn't make it true...

@WojYahooNBA Well I "lashed out" due to a blatant lack of ACKNOWLEDGEMENT and RESPECT of my disorder as a medical condition, I am owed that!

@WojYahooNBA I guess "lash out" is a word they use for young ppl speaking up for themselves now a days!

@wojyahoonba Things in the article aren't true, and they were REPRESENTED as fact, not even a source to back them up! Where do they do that?

@WojYahooNBA Lol... So how good you are should determine if you get the proper support for a medical condition? Baffling!
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#983 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Wow, you can guess his agent woke up, read that rant, and needed extra strength Tylenol for the migraine.

The thing that I find interesting is the use of the term 'unsafe working conditions' which indicates to me he has spoken to an attorney that is going to use that as a basis for him collecting his paycheck for not playing.

I don't think he's doing himself any favors.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#984 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:56 pm

I think it is obvious that Whites career is over. Another case for non-guaranteed contracts. Rockets should waive him asap. I think the Turkish league uses busses. But, he may have to take a boat to get over there.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#985 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:32 pm

lakers interested in pietrus... hope they enjoy him stepping out of bounds twice a game. http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... el_Pietrus
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#986 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:He shot a lot more than one :lol:

Don't know what Dwight's problem is. 1 defensive rebound in 40 minutes of game time? He hasn't looked 100% physically in any of the games I've seen of him this season, but he has put up big games so that's no excuse. He has not blossomed into the player we had all hoped he would be when he was with us. He's still a top 5 player and obviously very very good, but I don't think he has that fire and drive of the great ones. Dwight's biggest weakness is in his mind.

Eh. He has a couple of big weaknesses. They include his health (at the moment), his freethrows, his lacking in a post game, and his free throws. And of course his mind too.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#987 » by RookieStar » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm

White is a dumba@@ glad we didn't take that whiney bi@tch. He is killing the futures of those with his conditions with his drama act.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#988 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Dwight's postgame is actually really good. His only problem is he gets stripped too much. Other than that he's a very efficient scorer from the post, even if his moves are relatively simple and do not look as polished as a Marc Gasol.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#989 » by Bensational » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:43 pm

I'm interested to see how the Lakers handle this situation. Dwight clearly seems to be mailing in games because he's clashing with Kobe and the concept of being #2. If Dwight is going to re-sign in LA then they'll have to decide how to make them coexist, and how to get Kobe to say he will defer to Dwight.

Otherwise, Dwight could force a s&t to Brooklyn for Lopez, or could sign in Dallas to play with Mayo, or (and I think his is his best option), he could sign in Houston to play with Harden/Parsons/Lin. That would bethe best up and coming talent he could find in the market, IMO.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#990 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Howard tied career high with 5 steals last night. Still a fantasy contributor, anyway.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#991 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Bensational wrote:

Otherwise, Dwight could force a s&t to Brooklyn for Lopez, or could sign in Dallas to play with Mayo, or (and I think his is his best option), he could sign in Houston to play with Harden/Parsons/Lin. That would bethe best up and coming talent he could find in the market, IMO.

Hey man you're forgetting about maybe the best offensive power forward in the league in Dirk. I always thought he would be a GREAT fit next to Dirk.

Dallas' cap situation is the definition of flexibility. If they did sign Dwight in the offseason they could either go Collison/Mayo/Marion/Dirk/Dwight or FA/FA/Marion/Dirk/Dwight. And yes, Houston would be a great fit as well. I'm not sure I would count Lin as part of their core though. He is playing terrible without the ball in his hands because of the acquisition of Harden.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#992 » by Bensational » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Zmill wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Hey man you're forgetting about maybe the best offensive power forward in the league in Dirk. I always thought he would be a GREAT fit next to Dirk.

Dallas' cap situation is the definition of flexibility. If they did sign Dwight in the offseason they could either go Collison/Mayo/Marion/Dirk/Dwight or FA/FA/Marion/Dirk/Dwight. And yes, Houston would be a great fit as well. I'm not sure I would count Lin as part of their core though. He is playing terrible without the ball in his hands because of the acquisition of Harden.

oh yeah, that's not to rob Dirk. but Dirk's got a 3 year window at the very most, so Dwight will need to start thinking about the direction of the team beyond that. and at this point, Mayo seems to be the 2nd best player, and set to resume a bright future, in Dallas now.

Lin has been massively underwhelming. i've still got hopes for him to turn it around. i'd like to think his game would blossom a bit more with a dominant scorer in the front court. but having Harden and Parsons on the team makes it questionable whether or not he'd ever need to touch the ball.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,200

Post#993 » by thelead » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 am

Bobcats have 35 points with 3 mins to go in the third quarter :o
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#994 » by magicman123 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:47 am

thelead wrote:Bobcats have 35 points with 3 mins to go in the third quarter :o

43pts after 3 quarters, and they have 10 offensive rebounds? :lol:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#995 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 am

thelead wrote:Bobcats have 35 points with 3 mins to go in the third quarter :o

They were down by 40 at halftime. I didnt think that was possible. So much for being back.

At what point do you go "man lets not make history here".

Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks pulled his starters less than 5 minutes into the second half after the lead ballooned to 79-25 following Durant's 3-pointer from the right wing. The last five players on the Thunder bench played the entire fourth quarter.

:o

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/thunder-do ... --nba.html
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#996 » by KillMonger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 am

Ryan Anderson is kinda balling recently. Last game he had 34&11, tonight he has 17 points so far in the 3 quarters in
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#997 » by magicman123 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:09 am

Bobby Ray wrote:Ryan Anderson is kinda balling recently. Last game he had 34&11, tonight he has 17 points so far in the 3 quarters in

Anderson is playing well, but dang how many three's can you attempt a game, i thought he would polish his game in a difference system, not so much, shoots more
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#998 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 am

Ryan is what he is. But I will say this, I saw the Suns game the other day and he was draining 3's with a hand in his face, that was impressive, he didnt do that in the past. Last year someone got up-close and he would miss badly. He may go 7-10 from 3 or the next game he might go 1-7. Thats the life of a 3 pt shooter.
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#999 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:08 am

George Hill beats the Lakers at the buzzer. Dwight missed huge free throws down the stretch.

Very nice.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#1000 » by OrlandO » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 am

lol dwight was on the line with 50 secs left in the game and lakers down by 1 against pacers... he missed both free throws and had a smile the whole time. 3/12 from the line overall, and he wonders why he's not allowed to close. 17pts and 8 rebs in 34 mins. Kobe went for 40, hope he gets in Dwight's face.

Pacers had a nice game winning buzzer beating shot.

Return to Orlando Magic