ImageImageImageImage

Around The League(Lock Por Favor)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Re: Around The League 

Post#1301 » by Bensational » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 am

the worst thing about Dwight is the amount of talking he's happy to do behind someone's back, but not prepared for the confrontation of saying it to their face. whether it be Stan, Jameer, Kobe, whoever, stories keep leaking about his dissatisfaction with these people, but stories never get out about Howard actually stepping up to help resolve the problem. when a confrontation does arise, Howard just plays it down and walks away.

i'm not sure what kind of event will have to happen in his life for him to change that quality. it really might be a case of him needing to star on his own team, in his own way, and for him to fail (and then proceed to blame the coach and supporting cast) before he accepts that even as a star, he's still got a role to play within a bigger picture. it's never just gonna be "the Dwight show".
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#1302 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 am

OrlandO wrote:ha dwight said tonight is the real start of the season for the lakers... then he backs it up by scoring 2pts on 0-4 fg with 2 minutes left in the first half. He also just re-injured his shoulder and took himself out of the game right before halftime.

This is all too good to be true. I gotta say, I enjoy watching him fail and the Lakers lose just about as much as watching the Magic this year.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#1303 » by arsenal6106 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 am

Dwight will not return to the game.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#1304 » by CourtsideTV » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 am

dwight could've been one of the greatest centers to play the game but will be remembered as another tmac...nothing special after he left the magic.... with a worse rep
Work Hard
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,454

Post#1305 » by thelead » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 am

The game is on League Pass for those that want to see the LAL MEM game. League Pass is free this week btw.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1306 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 am

Leaving Orlando is probably already Dwight's biggest regret in life. Things just keep getting worse and worse in LA.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1307 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 am

Pau Gasol took his benching like a pro and is getting rewarded by looking like an angel compared to Dwight and Kobe. Plus he's actually playing good for the moment.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1308 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 am

Kobe got crushed on that layup and no foul.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1309 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 am

Kobe got crushed on that layup and no foul.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1310 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:04 am

SVG would be livid...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCTmfCdQvgY[/youtube]
Chris1
Senior
And1: 41

Post#1311 » by Chris1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 am

OrlandO wrote:SVG would be livid...

You see the score?

:lol:
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1312 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 am

Chris1 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:SVG would be livid...

You see the score?

:lol:

Watched the game, it was like that video all night. They are terrible. It's mental now too, they're completely messed up.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#1313 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

I just knew he was going to hurt that shoulder again. You don't just tear a labrum and it suddenly heals. He will need surgery at some point. I don't wish him injury but I do enjoy he and that team fail in spectacular fashion.
aka: prorl
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#1314 » by WeAreVenom » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:I just knew he was going to hurt that shoulder again. You don't just tear a labrum and it suddenly heals. He will need surgery at some point. I don't wish him injury but I do enjoy he and that team fail in spectacular fashion.

Exactly.

Who the hell cleared him?

Man, things are looking desperate over there. I bet if we hadn't got decimated with injuries, we would probably have the same record.
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#1315 » by flyingvee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm

The irony in all this, despite the karma kicking in, is that with the way Stern runs the NBA, the Lakers as of right now will miss the playoffs and be a lottery team this year, and knowing Stern I have this feeling the Lakers somehow out of pure sheer luck get a better pick than the Magic even though I'm even guessing they get the #1 pick. Or did they trade that pick to us?
WallabyPie
Senior
And1: 13

Post#1316 » by WallabyPie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:39 pm

“Definitely more and more discipline,” Suns center Marcin Gortat said of the differences under Hunter. “We’re definitely doing everything sharper, quicker, more intense. Obviously, practices are way, way longer. At the same time, we actually are getting better. The results will show if this thing is working or not working.”

Gortat often talked about his seasons playing for Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy with great admiration and his comments on the early days of Hunter’s regime sound like he is seeing what he valued from Van Gundy.

“That’s how I grew up in the NBA being in a great system like Orlando Magic and Stan Van Gundy,” Gortat said. “Everything was sharp. Everything was disciplined. Everything was on time. Everybody was doing it the right way. We didn’t fool around. We didn’t joke around. We didn’t talk around. We were just doing the right thing and he’s trying to bring that mentality, that focus and discipline here. We’re on a good way to being a better team.”
WallabyPie
Senior
And1: 13

Post#1317 » by WallabyPie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:41 pm

flyingvee wrote:The irony in all this, despite the karma kicking in, is that with the way Stern runs the NBA, the Lakers as of right now will miss the playoffs and be a lottery team this year, and knowing Stern I have this feeling the Lakers somehow out of pure sheer luck get a better pick than the Magic even though I'm even guessing they get the #1 pick. Or did they trade that pick to us?

The Suns get their pick if they miss the playoffs (Nash trade).
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#1318 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:42 pm

flyingvee wrote:The irony in all this, despite the karma kicking in, is that with the way Stern runs the NBA, the Lakers as of right now will miss the playoffs and be a lottery team this year, and knowing Stern I have this feeling the Lakers somehow out of pure sheer luck get a better pick than the Magic even though I'm even guessing they get the #1 pick. Or did they trade that pick to us?

What will most likely happen is the Lakers will trade MWP and/or Gasol to the Bobcats to win the 1st overall pick.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1319 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Agreed, somehow the Lakers are going to get a very high pick out of a trade that no one else in the league would have been able to pull off. If Duhon is somehow the key to making the trade work I may stop watching the NBA.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,963

Post#1320 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Man has Dwight really turned into that kind of player? the kind of player that is a cancer to a team? i mean he cost Stan his job and now with the rumors flying he could be costing another coach his job. What happened to this dude man? I always thought that while it was tough to see Dwight go it was probably the best thing for both parties, Now i'm thinking we got out at just the right time.

Dwight is being exposed right now but this is his own doing he wanted this but it seems like he can't handle it too well. I mean this guy was an Iron man rarely injured but now injuries are popping up left and right could it be karma? It's funny looking back on it now but wasn't it T-mac that said when asked to give Dwight advice on his impending Free Agency that "The Grass isn't always Greener" Seems like he was right at least so far

Return to Orlando Magic