yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Around The League(Lock Por Favor)

Moderators: damo[23], Devin 1L, Hilltop, MagicMadness, Howard Mass, eyriq

Post#1156 Re: Around The League
Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:19 am by magicman123

lol at the clippers, they basically took a knee to run out the clock the last 4 minutes, awful decision
magicman123

RealGM
And1: 365

Post#1157 Re: Around The League
Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:07 am by woosah

I wonder how Dwight felt when hearing Kobe say the team was old and slow and all the other day. Just reminds me of how he constantly talked about needing help here and used to down his teammates. It always comes back around.
woosah

Analyst
And1: 270
Location: yes, I'm a girl. let me draw you into the warmth of my bosom with bball talk

Post#1158 Re: Around The League
Sat Jan 5, 2013 4:31 am by OrlandO

Barkley:
“I’m a big Kevin Garnett fan. But there’s no way in the world he should be starting the All-Star game right now. And the same way with Dwight Howard. Those fans who have penciled those two guys in (to) start… that’s a travesty to be honest. I like Dwight Howard but he ain’t played like no All-Star this year and Kevin Garnett (the same).”
"If and when I reach my full potential, I think I will be better than everybody in this draft," Gordon said.
OrlandO
General Manager
And1: 1,719

Post#1159 Re: Around The League
Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:18 pm by OrlandO

"If and when I reach my full potential, I think I will be better than everybody in this draft," Gordon said.
OrlandO
General Manager

Post#1160 Re: Around The League
Sat Jan 5, 2013 8:18 pm by Optimus_Steel

woosah wrote:I wonder how Dwight felt when hearing Kobe say the team was old and slow and all the other day. Just reminds me of how he constantly talked about needing help here and used to down his teammates. It always comes back around.

This is the year of karma for Dwight. You reap what you sow.

Dwight looks seriously depressed lol.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel

RealGM
And1: 1,326

Post#1161 Re: Around The League
Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:34 am by OrlandO

OrlandO
General Manager

Post#1162 Re: Around The League
Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:23 am by WeAreVenom

It's so obvious he's talking about Kobe.....Even Laker fans see it.

I think Dwight will turn it around, but he has some growing up to do. Kobe and Shaq hated each other to the point of not speaking, but even they managed to be an elite team those last few years. They didn't let it effect their play.

Isn't he the prime example of what he is campaigning against, anyway? Didn't he crush Hill's ankle during that Clips game, and then just walk away as he was rolling around on the floor?

Also, didn't he go on about "Of course I'll listen to the Celtic's offers, their such a great team and blah blah blah" right after our worst loss against them in franchise history, last year?

Man, he needs to wake up. LA won't coddle him like we did, they'll eat him alive.
WeAreVenom
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#1163 Re: Around The League
Sun Jan 6, 2013 3:34 pm by rcklsscognition

Sounds like there are two guys on the same team adept at blaming everyone else.
McLemore: "I can say I come in with a chip on my shoulder. ... I can be an alpha dog and take over games." We're going to regret passing on him.
rcklsscognition

RealGM
And1: 727

Post#1164 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:00 am by BelgianMagic

To me, the worst part is, how much better can they get? i think they're close to their ceiling ..

Kobe will be Kobe, meaning 30+ shots a game
Gasol is barely involved. Why? No idea. He can still play IMO
Nash can still play decent but he isn't getting any younger and will get torched by quicker, younerg PGs and the top teams in the West all have one of these (Russ/Parker/CP3)
Dwight doesn't look good either IMO. Why? Cause he's not the main man. Our team was built around him, Lakers aren't

Even if they still make the playoffs, they're an old, unathletic team & probably won't win more than 1 game vs OKC/SAS/LAC in a PO series .. Bench is very inconsistent, despite having Dwight their defense looks horrible, it's just not working ..

As a Magic fan I'm glad they (probably) won't win a championship, you don't win championships before the season even started.
BelgianMagic

Head Coach
And1: 117

Post#1165 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:14 am by RookieStar

This time, if kobe demands they trade him or everyone else, I dunno if the management will favor kobe this time.
RookieStar

Lead Assistant
And1: 116

Post#1166 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:54 am by Bensational

Kobe's heroics aren't getting it done anymore. 4 superstars on a team, there's no reason for Kobe to be taking 30 shots a game whilst shooting 30%, whilst the others struggle to crack 10FGAs.

Kobe should stick to being a 4th quarter closer, and let Nash, Pau and Dwight do more damage throughout the game.
Bensational

RealGM
And1: 736

Post#1167 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:42 am by MagicStarwipe

Pau is pretty terrible these days to be honest. He's a fantastic passer, but the rest of his game has fallen off a cliff. Kobe is not all too concerned with getting others involved or even playing good D anymore. He just wants his 30 ppg. The bench sucks. D'antoni has no clue. If this continues in LA for the rest of he season and Dwight still re-signs there next season, you know the real reason he left Orlando was not just about winning.
MagicStarwipe

Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083

Post#1168 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:55 pm by rcklsscognition

It is totally possible the Lakers will have 3 head coaches this season. I don't see D'Antoni turning it around, his attitude is way to flippant when talking about problems and there's no hope for the D.
McLemore: "I can say I come in with a chip on my shoulder. ... I can be an alpha dog and take over games." We're going to regret passing on him.
rcklsscognition

RealGM
And1: 727

Post#1169 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 2:19 pm by Reverse_Angle

Can we not understand Royce white and what he has been going through or is he just acting irresponsibly?

To me, he should not have declared for NBA draft if he could not handle being a pro.

O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson. Any takers?
Reverse_Angle
Analyst
And1: 198

Post#1170 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:07 pm by tiderulz

Reverse_Angle wrote:Can we not understand Royce white and what he has been going through or is he just acting irresponsibly?

To me, he should not have declared for NBA draft if he could not handle being a pro.

what are we supposed to understand? He played college ball, he signed a contract, Houston had expectations that he would play for them. He didnt make training camp and they assigned him to D-League to get minutes and get in shape, etc, and he refuses.

He should be forced to give back money from his contract and not be paid until he shows up.
tiderulz

RealGM
And1: 1,278

Post#1171 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:58 pm by Cigamodnalro

Breaking: Dwight out at least one week (possibly much longer) with torn right labrum. Gasol out next two games with concussion. Metta World Peace may log some time at center, per:
Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan
Metta World Peace might play a little center as well, Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said. Surreal
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#1172 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:02 pm by Optimus_Steel

Torn labrum, isnt that the same injury that Jameer had back in 09 that he missed half the season. Did Jameer put a curse on him? :lol:

Ron Artest at center, they are beyond desperate.....
Optimus_Steel

RealGM

Post#1173 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:04 pm by thelead

Cigamodnalro wrote:Breaking: Dwight out at least one week (possibly much longer) with torn right labrum. Gasol out next two games with concussion. Metta World Peace may log some time at center, per:
Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan
Metta World Peace might play a little center as well, Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni said. Surreal

:o WOW and look at their schedule coming up. There's a good chance that the hole they'll be in will be too deep to get out of soon.

eyriq wrote:
I don't get the attachment to Harris. What about his game indicates he is anything more than just 'a guy'? The evidence for him being more than that just isn't there.
:nonono:
thelead

RealGM
And1: 2,291

Post#1174 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:08 pm by Cigamodnalro

thelead wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:Breaking: Dwight out at least one week (possibly much longer) with torn right labrum. Gasol out next two games with concussion. Metta World Peace may log some time at center, per:
Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan

:o WOW and look at their schedule coming up. There's a good chance that the hole they'll be in will be too deep to get out of soon.

LATimes just updated the prognosis from one week to "indefinitely." Al Horford was out all of last year with a torn labrum.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 8576.story

Of course, conflicting reports suggest that it was, in fact, Howard's labia--not his labrum--that will keep him out for extended time.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#1175 Re: Around The League
Mon Jan 7, 2013 4:09 pm by Optimus_Steel

Cigamodnalro wrote:
LATimes just updated the prognosis from one week to "indefinitely." Al Horford was out all of last year with a torn labrum.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 8576.story

Of course, conflicting reports suggest that it was, in fact, Howard's labia--not his labrum--that will keep him out for extended time.

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Optimus_Steel

RealGM

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic